• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Reviving Old Leads: Tips for Follow-Up Calls & Mailing Catalogs

In summary, if you mail a catalog without following up with a phone call, you might as well throw your money out the window.
Rubelbj
Gold Member
I have a bunch of old leads from fairs over the summer, I did follow up on them after, but they still sit in a pile and was wondering if I should try mailing a mini catalog to them. But then do I call them as a follow up of the mini. That would be the second time I called them from signing up for a free show at a fair.

Not sure if that would be to pushy. Any thoughts?

By the way there is over 200 people in this group.

Not too pushy, I would do it- I think it sounds like a great idea!

If you mail something without following up with a phone call, you might as well throw your money out the window (for the catalogs and the postage).

I don't think it would be too pushy to contact them again. To make sure you will follow through, spread it out a little each week. Mail 20 and call that bunch two weeks later. If you don't get through everyone before the NEW minis come out, you can start sending those.

We just had a training on this at our meeting. And it made sense...

Call FIRST...just saying "Hi, this is Suzie. I just wanted to let you know I mailed you a catalog so you could see some of our great new products! I'll be calling in a few days to make sure your receive it and to answer any questions you may have."

Then, when they get the cat, they'll be expecting it, and when they get the call, they'll know why!

HTH!

nikked said:
We just had a training on this at our meeting. And it made sense...

Call FIRST...just saying "Hi, this is Suzie. I just wanted to let you know I mailed you a catalog so you could see some of our great new products! I'll be calling in a few days to make sure your receive it and to answer any questions you may have."

Then, when they get the cat, they'll be expecting it, and when they get the call, they'll know why!

HTH!

We had the same training. CMC (call-mail-call)

Yes let them know it's coming if not they may trash it. I left my SIL a catalog at her door one day but never told her about it. Then I called and asked if she got it and at first she said "no" and I was like "are you sure" then she said "Oh I must have thrown it away thinking it was junk". WHAT?? My own SIL.

What are some tips for following up with old leads?

1. Schedule a specific day and time for your follow-up calls so you can stay organized and consistent.

2. Start with a friendly greeting and remind the lead how you met or connected.

3. Personalize the conversation by referencing any previous interactions or interests the lead may have shared.

4. Be prepared to address any concerns or objections the lead may have and offer solutions or alternatives.

5. End the call by thanking the lead for their time and ask if they would be interested in receiving a catalog for future reference.

How can I make my follow-up calls more effective?

1. Take notes during your initial interaction with the lead so you can reference specific details during your follow-up call.

2. Use positive and enthusiastic language to keep the lead engaged and interested.

3. Be patient and listen carefully to the lead's responses and concerns.

4. Ask open-ended questions to encourage conversation and show genuine interest in the lead's needs and preferences.

5. Be persistent but not pushy. If the lead is not interested, thank them for their time and move on to the next call.

When should I follow up with a lead?

1. It is generally recommended to follow up with a lead within 1-3 days after your initial interaction.

2. If the lead expressed interest in a specific product or event, schedule your follow-up call closer to that date.

3. If the lead requested to be contacted at a specific time, make sure to honor their request.

4. If you have not heard back from the lead after multiple attempts, it may be best to move on and focus on other leads.

5. Use your judgment and consider the individual circumstances of the lead when deciding on the timing of your follow-up call.

What should I include in a follow-up email or mailing?

1. Personalize the email or mailing by addressing the lead by name and referencing your previous interaction.

2. Include a brief introduction or reminder of who you are and what your business offers.

3. Highlight any new products, promotions, or events that may be of interest to the lead.

4. Offer a special discount or incentive for the lead to make a purchase or attend an event.

5. Provide clear and easy ways for the lead to contact you or place an order.

How can I keep track of my follow-up calls and mailings?

1. Use a customer relationship management (CRM) tool to organize and track your leads and interactions.

2. Create a spreadsheet or document to record the date and outcome of each follow-up call or mailing.

3. Set reminders or alerts for future follow-up calls or mailings.

4. Regularly review and update your records to ensure all leads are being properly followed up with.

5. Seek feedback from your team or supervisor on best practices for managing and prioritizing follow-up efforts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• schel
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
lockhartkitchen
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • linojackie