• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Is anyone willing to share their ULDA/Leadership experience with me?

In summary, Ann is considering attending two leadership conferences this year - ULD in California and Leadership Orlando in October. She is not able to attend both due to her job, and is considering flying to one and driving to the other. She is hesitant to spend this much money on airfare, and is looking for advice on whether it is feasible to attend either conference without flying.
baychef
Silver Member
Ok, I am very uncomfortable asking this but here it goes....

I want to go to ULD Acad. and the Chicago one would be great. I literally am pushing it work wise if I were to attend so I considered if I were to hop on a flight Wed morning and then hop home on one Thursday evening that might work. So I looked into it...flights, which I would need non stop...$885 to $1009. And those are the Expedia's, Cheap Tickets, Kayak, etc. I checked 9 sights. Although the hotel fare is cheap, I can not afford the flight. To drive, I would have to take 4 days off because it is a 12 hour drive one way.

May 23-24 is in California...flights are going to be more.

October in Orlando...I am not going to be able to go to Leadership or ULDA because it is the busiest time of year for my job.

So here is my question and understand that right now I feel like I am standing in my underwear in the middle of a crowd (sorry for the visual)...would anyone be willing to share their information with me?

I say this knowing full well that the experience is much more than the material. Or just share some notes. Just looking for something new that may not have been shared at Director Express workshops.

Also know that if no one agrees, I still love you all and understand. Didn't feel it would hurt to ask.

Thanks for considering it! If you do decide to share, my personal e-mail is [email protected]

Good luck Ann! I'm not UL (yet) so I can't help ya. Have you voiced any of this to HO? Maybe there will be one nearer you in the future?

I will talk with someone at HO. Usually these are held in larger cities (I am in the boonies!!) Working full time limits my Pampered Chef business. Basically, if I apply the principles that they teach anyway I will be fine. Just really thought I could get to Chicago but the air line tickets made my hair blow back!! :eek:Last time I flew to conference 2 years ago it cost around $450. It has doubled in price!

I am driving from Cincinnati and just wanted to offer that If you or anyone else here wants to ride with me from Cincinnati/D:)ayton area to ULA I would love the company.

Ann, it's a BUNCH of information and there's absolutely no way that I could cover it all in an hour or two ... but I'd be willing to try. If you want to set up a time where we can chat by phone, just let me know. Hubby was here visiting when I attended, so I didn't come home & implement the new stuff right away. I'm headed to Spring Launch today & can't do it on Sat ... but maybe while the kids are napping on Sunday? It would be good motivation for me to go back over everything anyway ... so you'd be forcing me to just do it! LOL

What is "Thought I Would Ask Anyway..."?

"Thought I Would Ask Anyway..." is a phrase that is often used to preface a question or statement that the speaker knows may be awkward, uncomfortable, or controversial.

Where did the phrase "Thought I Would Ask Anyway..." originate?

The exact origin of the phrase is unknown, but it has been commonly used in informal conversations and social media posts for many years.

Is "Thought I Would Ask Anyway..." considered rude or impolite?

It can be perceived as rude or impolite depending on the context and tone in which it is used. It is important to be considerate and respectful when using this phrase.

Can "Thought I Would Ask Anyway..." be used in a professional setting?

It is generally not recommended to use this phrase in a professional setting as it can come across as unprofessional or confrontational. It is best to use more formal and polite language in these situations.

Are there any alternative phrases to "Thought I Would Ask Anyway..."?

Yes, there are many alternative phrases that can be used to preface a potentially awkward or uncomfortable question or statement. Some examples include "Forgive me for asking, but...", "Do you mind if I ask...", or "Just out of curiosity...".

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperChefCarol
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
melissab771
  • imported_iteachurkid
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Chef Kearns
  • baychef