• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Your Laptop at Shows: Tips and Suggestions for Recruiting Success

In summary, having a laptop at shows helps the consultant keep track of orders and chat with guests. It has not prevented them from signing recruits.
rayday
We just got one and I'd love to start taking it to my shows so any imput would be great!

When you take it to your shows what works best for you. Do you have any tips/suggustions?

Also do you make any comments regarding it since I know I've read on here some people think it may turn away possible recruits.:rolleyes:

I just set it out where ever I'll be taking orders and during my closing I just tell my guests that I'm mathematically challenged. That I can do Calculus in my head, but can bearly add 2 and 2 to get 4. So I bring my laptop to cut out on the AFTER SHOW migraine. HA HA!

I always get a laugh and no one seems put off by it.

I love having my laptop. If I get someone say "ooohhh, you have a laptop", I'm sure to tell them it's not required to have one to be a consultant. Personally, I just enter the guest's name at the show and enter the rest of their contact info later. Before I go to the show, I already have the show all set up in PP and I do a product update if it's my first show of the month.

It's never seemed to scare away potential recruit leads. Matter of fact, since having it, I've gotten more recruit leads than ever, but I don't think there's any correlation.

I AM mathmatically challenged! I just let everyone know that at the show too!
I tell them they should all be very thankful that I have it with me - because even with a calculator, I used to always overcharge people! (actually it was the other way around - and I got tiredof eating my $ mistakes!)
I love it too because it saves me having to enter everything when I get home - I do what the "Other Becky" does - set up the show before I go, and then at the show I add name and phone # - and get the rest of the info in later.
I think we live in such a computer age that most people don't even think twice about me having it at shows!
The biggest benefit is that I can now actually chat with people while I am doing their order - before I had to concentrate so much on the math part, I couldn't really talk much....(seriously - I am terrible with math!)

I do exactly what ChefBeckyD does. Plus setting everything up in PP first helps me keep track of things. If early orders come in, I can add those ahead of time. I have never had one person question the laptop and it has not kept me from signing a recruit either. I have a few recruits with no laptop and that did not stop them. Laptops have gotten cheaper - and one recruit bought one when she signed up and is going to write it off as a business expense.
I could NOT do this without my laptop. I am sooo mathmatically challenged! It is too easy just to punch everything in!

Have guest read the numbersOne thing hat I have started doing is having the guest read the product numbers to me. I explain to them that this way I make sure I don't miss anything (which I have done before, like quantities or a bottom line).

It keeps the guest with me, and we can chat while I enter it. I can comment about her order and suggest add ons (Oh, your getting the large round stone? You must get the rack that goes with it. Makes it much easier to get out of the oven, and doubles as a prep or serving stand!)

I didn't have a laptop when I first started, but my DH and I decided that once I had made the decision to continue and pursue the business, it was a necessary investment. Couldn't live without it now...Okay, I could, but I sure don't wanna!

One thing hat I have started doing is having the guest read the product numbers to me. I explain to them that this way I make sure I don't miss anything (which I have done before, like quantities or a bottom line).

I do that too Nicole - it works great. I had two people at my last show who ordered the colander bowl set and did not realize that the lids did not come with it. I was able to get them both to add them on.

A laptop is my next business purchase I plan on making! I hadn't even thought about bringing it to shows originally. I just wanted a computer downstairs (ours is upstairs) because I was tired of having someone call to close a show or do an order & I'd have to run upstairs, carrying the three kids under 3 that I have during the day up with me!

Then I read about how you all bring them to shows. Great idea! I'm so bad about subtracting past host discounts-I usually ADD them! So this would be a great way to talk to the guests instead of having to worry about the math. Thanks for the great ideas-especially about having the guests read you their item numbers!

I love using my laptop. I take it to every show. I actually enter everything in at checkout. Well, I already have the show set up in PP, but I have the guest tell me name, address, phone, email. It's so much easier to type while they're talking and only takes an extra 30 seconds. I also have them tell me the product numbers. It gives us more opportunity to chat. If they book, I enter the booking right then and there.

I am always quick to point out that I had my laptop before I started my business and it isn't required to do what I do. No one really says much about it. Most of my customers like it.

THANK YOU ALL so much for all of this imput I really appreciate it!! I am so excited to start taking it with me!!!!

I you do not have it, I love the tote bag on the Supply Order Form (the one with the clear pocket for the catalog). My laptop and all the paperwork and bookings binder fit right inside.
Or the bag from conference if you went - but I still like my clear pocket tote bag best!

I just got a laptop and will be taking it to its first show tomorrow! I've already got PP all transferred over and the show set up. Hopefully it'll go well! I'm soooo looking forward to not having to add up orders by hand.

I don't know about anyone else, but being able to use a laptop HELPED my decision to sign up! My recruiter used hers at the party I went to and I thought it was a great idea! No math, everything all there...it was a big selling point on my decision...didn't turn me off at all!

I take mine to my shows, the one time I didn't was the night before I went to confernce.. talk about a huge mistake... I had to use someone cell phone with a caculator on it to total orders talk about embrassing.......... NEver again.... I had my laptop before I signed up, the one thing that I do let the guest knwo is that if they are giving me a CC# that I have a passcode onmy PP and so no one wil lhave access to it. That makes them feel a lot better..... and it gives me a chance to talk about their items that they want to purchase.

I got mine on the dell website under the small business section.... If you wanted to knwo where I got mine!!!!

What are some tips for using my laptop effectively at shows?

1. Make sure your laptop is fully charged before the show and bring a charger as a backup.

2. Have all necessary documents and presentations saved on your laptop for easy access.

3. Use a wireless mouse and keyboard for convenience and to avoid clutter on your table.

4. Utilize a laptop stand or riser to improve visibility and avoid strain on your neck and back.

5. Practice using your laptop and navigating through your documents before the show to ensure a smooth and professional presentation.

How can I use my laptop to recruit potential new consultants at shows?

1. Have a recruiting presentation or video saved on your laptop to showcase the benefits of joining Pampered Chef.

2. Share success stories of current consultants and their experiences with the company.

3. Offer a sign-up incentive or special promotion for those who join as consultants at the show.

4. Have a sign-up form or link readily available on your laptop for interested individuals to join immediately.

5. Follow up with potential recruits after the show to answer any questions and provide more information.

How can I effectively use my laptop to showcase Pampered Chef products?

1. Have high-quality product images and descriptions saved on your laptop for easy reference.

2. Use a slideshow presentation or video to demonstrate the features and benefits of the products.

3. Offer virtual cooking demonstrations using recipes and videos saved on your laptop.

4. Create a virtual catalog or brochure to showcase the full range of Pampered Chef products.

5. Encourage customers to interact with your laptop and explore the products on their own.

What are some ways to attract attention to my laptop at shows?

1. Use a bright and eye-catching screensaver or background on your laptop.

2. Place your laptop at an angle facing the main walkway to draw attention.

3. Incorporate interactive elements, such as a game or quiz, to engage passersby.

4. Offer a giveaway or raffle for those who interact with your laptop.

5. Use social media to promote your laptop and the activities or promotions associated with it.

How can I ensure the safety and security of my laptop at shows?

1. Keep your laptop with you at all times and avoid leaving it unattended.

2. Use a laptop lock or security cable to secure your laptop to a stationary object.

3. Install anti-virus software and regularly update it to protect against cyber threats.

4. Avoid connecting to public Wi-Fi networks and use a personal hotspot if necessary.

5. Have a backup plan in case of technical difficulties, such as having important documents and presentations saved on a USB drive.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• California Girl
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ashvel
  • etteluap70PC
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet
  • Deb Bixler