• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rant This Would Be Cool if Allowed....but...not!

In summary, the policy for using social networking sites and eBay for recruitment needs to be reevaluated.
flemings99
Gold Member
http://cgi.ebay.com/Imagine-yourself-being-a-Pampered-Chef-Consultant_W0QQitemZ330341283061QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4ce9dff4f5&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1205%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

If the link doesn't work, just go to ebay and type in pampered chef consultant. Pretty sure this totally isn't allowed. Creative on the poster part I have to admit.

Did you report it?

I'm not typically a whistle blower but this really needs to be reported.

No, have never reported before.

[email protected]Just send them the link to the eBay listing you found. They'll take it from there.I hate to be a taddle-tell too but if I posted that, someone would turn me in too and it's a blatantly violation. I think it serves as a reminder to all of US who have team members, we need to be sure our recruits at least read the Policy & Proced. and point out the key areas like that. Some folks just don't read them! And since they have to download the P&P, it's not included in their kit printed or anything, they likely are NOT reading it. That's no excuse of course. :D

That's crazy!

But they get away with it all the time so they think it is okay! True some don't know it is illegal but some do it to see how far they can go before getting caught!

I think TPC needs to re-evaluate its policies on using social networking tools and sites like EBay for recruiting and booking. Wouldn't it be great if someone goes on EBay to buy PC, sees a recruiting or booking ad, and instead hosts a party or signs?

Well we can only hope if she/he got any recruits HO will take them away! How can people think this is allowed - don't they think others would have thought of it already??

susanr613 said:
I think TPC needs to re-evaluate its policies on using social networking tools and sites like EBay for recruiting and booking. Wouldn't it be great if someone goes on EBay to buy PC, sees a recruiting or booking ad, and instead hosts a party or signs?

While I definitely agree that PC needs to re-evaluate their policies regarding the internet and social networking tools, can you imagine if they allowed this sort of thing on Ebay? Ebay and the like would be completely inundated with the thousands of consultants that are trying to reach of across the nation to expand their personal cluster and customer base - it'd be insane.

I think one reason they DON'T want that to happen is the personal relationships would be lost. You wouldn't see them having home Cooking shows....just personal orders and catalog shows at best- and the sales would drop, because we all know that the cooking show sales are usually higher than individual or catalog sales. If they'd allow us to advertise on LOCAL sites- like the local chamber of commerce and such, that would make sense, but being able to use social sites and e-bay I think would ultimately be a mistake that we'd all suffer for.

Reported it. Feel a little bad about it.

I too wish they were different. I'm part of a local women's networking group. They have all the members contact information listed on their website. I was contacted one day by another PC consultant who had her website listed in their directory, guess mine was too. She called to let me know she'd be notified by HO to have it removed & was giving me the heads-up to have the organization take mine off as well. I don't see why those types of website postings can't be allowed. I pay to be a part of the organization and it would be an easy way for members to find my site to order from. Of course they all have my biz card, but we know what happens to those.

WoW!! That is all I can say!

The main problem with this is that it violates E-bay and PC policies. You aren't supposed to link on E-bay to your personal site to sell things off E-bay and this links to her PWS. That also violates PC policies.

I agree the rules need to be changed, but for now, this is what they are.

The whole "personal relationship" thing burns my cookies, because it assumes we do NOT have personal relationships with people we connect with online! In the last 3 months on Facebook I have connected with numerous cousins, members of my high school class and people I used to go to church with. In fact, I am doing a bridal registry for a cousin I befriended on FB ... I didn't even have her e-mail before this!

I am glad you reported it, don't feel bat at all. The rules are what they are whether we agree with them or not. I too would love to see them changed but for now I must still abide by what they are. I wouldn't feel bad, if you hadn't reported it, I would have.

What is "This Would Be Cool if Allowed....but...not!"?

"This Would Be Cool if Allowed....but...not!" is a term used in Pampered Chef to describe a product or idea that may seem great, but is not allowed according to the company's policies and guidelines.

Can I still purchase a product that falls under "This Would Be Cool if Allowed....but...not!"?

No, unfortunately products or ideas that fall under "This Would Be Cool if Allowed....but...not!" are not available for purchase through Pampered Chef. Our company takes pride in adhering to our policies and guidelines to ensure the best experience for our customers.

Why does Pampered Chef have restrictions on certain products or ideas?

Pampered Chef has restrictions in place to maintain the quality and integrity of our brand. We want to ensure that all products and ideas offered by Pampered Chef align with our values and meet our high standards of excellence.

Can I suggest a product or idea that falls under "This Would Be Cool if Allowed....but...not!" to Pampered Chef?

Yes, we welcome all suggestions from our customers. However, please note that any products or ideas that fall under "This Would Be Cool if Allowed....but...not!" may not be approved due to our policies and guidelines.

Where can I find more information about Pampered Chef's policies and guidelines?

You can find more information about Pampered Chef's policies and guidelines on our website or by contacting our customer service team. We are always happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• itsjustCarla
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
BlessedWifeMommy
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • Mel92504