• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Disaster Show: My Worst Demonstration Ever | Get Free Conference Tickets!

In summary, the host was struggling with a 21 year old special needs daughter, a 19 year old daughter, and a host of outside orders that didn't come in. The host was about to leave when the current host booked for the show walked in. The current host was so upset that she texted all her friends who were supposed to come and they all "forgot." The host is struggling to take care of her two daughters and the 21 year old special needs daughter. The host offered the business to the 21 year old special needs daughter and she said she would need time to herself and this would
vanscootin
Gold Member
If you've seen Web Soup on G4 you'd get the title and why it's funny....:rolleyes:

So I had my worst show EVER last night... it was a booking off a show I did in March for my friend's cousin. I was excited because I am $176 away from earning conference for free! The host says there will be 5 guests attending for sure and lots of outside orders and online orders to come. I'm ok with this.

I get there... the place is a disaster... dog and cat and I don't know what smell.... I set up and 7 pm rolls around. No guests... then at 7:15 2 guests arrive. I do my demo as I normally would.... close and say I'll take your orders when you're ready. Neither guest ordered because they don't have any money til' May 3rd... but want to order then. So I pack up and get ready to leave when the host the current hst booked from walks in... she takes another hour to place her order. By this point all I want to do is get home. Eesh.

So the host is so upset. She texted all her friends who were supposed to come. They all "forgot" but will order. This host is obviously struggling with a 21 year old special needs daughter with mutliple personalities (that was scary) and a 19 year old daughter who is so disprespectful to her mother I could spit.... but I didn't. I feel so bad for her cause I can see she clearly needs help.

I told her not to worry and just collect your outside orders and we will close on May 3rd.

{{HUGS}} Sorry that happed to you

i'm sorry! there's other threads on here with show disaster stories..maybe they'll make you feel better if you read them? i know they always make me laugh!

ps - i LOVE the soup & web soup!

Oh WOW! So sorry that happened to you!

I would offer her the business if possible she may need time to herself and this would be a great way to do that and earn money, you probably already have done this just something I would do.

Dina Atnip said:
I would offer her the business if possible she may need time to herself and this would be a great way to do that and earn money, you probably already have done this just something I would do.

I was planning to offer her the business and we did briefly discuss it... I actually went out to her place today to close her show. It's going ot close at $400. She definitely did her work for outside orders. There is no possible way she could do this with her special needs daughter. I know she doesn't have the funds for a kit because she didn't have the funds to pay for her host order. I wish there was something I could do for because I know she is struggling. But, I have made a customer, and I have made a friend. And one can never have to many of either.

vanscootin said:
I know she doesn't have the funds for a kit because she didn't have the funds to pay for her host order. I wish there was something I could do for because I know she is struggling. But, I have made a customer, and I have made a friend. And one can never have to many of either.

See I am a sucker for people like this. I would have worked out a deal with her on I pay for the mini kit, she pays me back out of her first few commission checks. I am a firm believer in giving a "Hand Up" whenever I can. My DH plays music in a band as a hobby. They do a lot of benefits for people in need. Today they are doing on for St. Jude. Next month they do two for the local hospitals cancer ward. I always donate items to be raffled off for them also. The two he is doing next month I am setting up a booth and any commission I make from sales on those days is being donated as well as I will be raffling off A LOT of goodies and all the profit from that will be donated as well.

I know some people can't afford to do this, but I am at a point right now that I can and I believe if it weren't for God I would have nothing, and because I have I believe He wants me to give it back to those less fortunate. I even have a consultant with young children and her DH works out of town for weeks at a time. I offer free babysitting if needed so she can do a show or two a month just so she can get out of the house and have some "ME" time cause we all need that!!! And besides, I get to spoil and love on her beautiful babies which makes me happy. :D

Shelly Flanagan said:
See I am a sucker for people like this. I would have worked out a deal with her on I pay for the mini kit, she pays me back out of her first few commission checks. I am a firm believer in giving a "Hand Up" whenever I can. My DH plays music in a band as a hobby. They do a lot of benefits for people in need. Today they are doing on for St. Jude. Next month they do two for the local hospitals cancer ward. I always donate items to be raffled off for them also. The two he is doing next month I am setting up a booth and any commission I make from sales on those days is being donated as well as I will be raffling off A LOT of goodies and all the profit from that will be donated as well.

I know some people can't afford to do this, but I am at a point right now that I can and I believe if it weren't for God I would have nothing, and because I have I believe He wants me to give it back to those less fortunate. I even have a consultant with young children and her DH works out of town for weeks at a time. I offer free babysitting if needed so she can do a show or two a month just so she can get out of the house and have some "ME" time cause we all need that!!! And besides, I get to spoil and love on her beautiful babies which makes me happy. :D

Shelley, that is very sweet of you, but I think we have to be really careful in "loaning" people their money for starter kits. It is a bit risky, as they may or may not pay it back. My experience has been, personally, anyway, that if someone really wants to become a Consultant, he or she will find the money to do so.
Just my two cents....so basically, be really careful making a practice of such, and, if you are still determined to do it, be prepared to NOT get the $$ back, just in case....

Best wishes!!;)

Paula R. Lewis said:
Shelley, that is very sweet of you, but I think we have to be really careful in "loaning" people their money for starter kits. It is a bit risky, as they may or may not pay it back. My experience has been, personally, anyway, that if someone really wants to become a Consultant, he or she will find the money to do so.
Just my two cents....so basically, be really careful making a practice of such, and, if you are still determined to do it, be prepared to NOT get the $$ back, just in case....

Best wishes!!;)

Either way it's a tax deduction, so if I can help someone out then so be it, I don't do it for the deduction - I do it to help someone in need, but I am covered if they don't pay me back.

As a mom of special needs kids, I encourage you to offer her the business. Pampered Chef has helped me maintain my sanity over the last couple years, even when I have not had to time to be very active.

I'm so sorry this happened. I hope she gets lots of outside orders. I had a recruit lead that had a house that smelled to high heaven. She was clueless about everything and I was so relieved when she changed her mind. She had a very tough life and I was careful not to underestimate her ... but I had a feeling she would be a handful!

What is "This Week in Fail"?

"This Week in Fail" is a weekly newsletter that highlights some of the funniest and most embarrassing fails that have happened in the kitchen while using Pampered Chef products. It's a fun way to laugh at ourselves and learn from our mistakes.

How can I subscribe to "This Week in Fail"?

To subscribe to "This Week in Fail", simply visit the Pampered Chef website and click on the newsletter section. From there, you can enter your email address to receive weekly updates.

Can I submit my own fail stories to be featured in "This Week in Fail"?

Absolutely! We love hearing from our customers and featuring their funny fail stories. You can submit your story through the contact form on our website or by tagging us on social media with the hashtag #ThisWeekinFail.

Are there any discounts or promotions offered through "This Week in Fail"?

Yes, occasionally we will offer special discounts or promotions exclusively for "This Week in Fail" subscribers. These will be included in the newsletter and can be redeemed by following the provided instructions.

Can I unsubscribe from "This Week in Fail" at any time?

Yes, you can unsubscribe from "This Week in Fail" at any time by clicking the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of the newsletter. However, we hope you'll stick around and continue to enjoy our funny fail stories and useful kitchen tips!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Lexif424
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies
Views
suzyhook
  • chefsteph07
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies