• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Phone Upgrade Advice: What Should I Pick?

phone, and have been considering the iPhone. However, I am not a fan of the touch screen. I like the Blackberry Bold because it has a physical keyboard. I also like that it syncs with my computer.

Which phone would you get?

• iPhone

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Blackberry Bold

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • MotoQ

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • other

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
rbvernon
Silver Member
This Saturday I have the optition to upgrade my phone. I need and want a NEW one. I have been looking at a couple but still need some help picking the one I want. My husband has the iPhone. I like it alot, but the only thing I don't like about it that it has a touch screen keyboard. I wish the iPhone was made the same way just with a Blackberry keyboard. What phone do you have & what do you like about it? Or what phone would you like to get & why?

Re: PhonesI have the Blackberry Curve... it is similar to the Bold but the full keyboard keys are a separated instead of touching each other like the bold... (can't stand the Storm blech!!!)
since I have acrylic nails it was easier for me to type on the curve... I am a total fan of Blackberry!! good luck!!

Re: PhonesI have an LG Env2. Verizon has them. I really like it. The battery life is LONG. 2 things I don't like about it:
1. the outside locks too quickly (though if I looked I could probably find the setting to fix that)
2. I like using the "note" feature (doesn't have a doc feature like the blackberry/ iPhone :( but my phone randomly deletes my notes :(I really don't like touchscreens but if you do go for it.Read some reviews online. People usually only post if they really like or dislike a product so take consumer reviews with a grain of salt but you can get an idea about what people think about them.Good luck!

Re: Phonesi have tmobile & i have the sidekick. its okay - but i wish i had gone with the blackberry. when its time for me to upgrade, i am going to go with the blackberry. i like my phone to be able to do alot of things, but i think the iphone might be taking that to an extreme. i think, for me, it would be a huge distraction having all those apps readily available.

Re: PhonesI have the motorola q. I am still getting used to it. I have had it for 2 weeks. I had a razor before. I like that the q has a full keyboard. I like that it has internet although right now I don't use it as much as I thought I would. I like the idea that I can do spreadsheets or documents and then sync them to my computer at home.

It is a little complicated for me...probably more phone than I need. But, I figure I will get used to it eventually. My razor was more phone than I needed when I got it and I love it after about a month.

I almost got he blackberry, but was told that the q was a better phone and that you would be able to do more with it. So, because it cost the same I took the advice.

My son and daughter both have the rythm and they love, love, love them. My son has the internet on his and uses it a lot.

We use uscellular because in our area it works the best. We tried ATT and people at my old office used cingular and in both instances we could not get service in many places. I only say that because I know some phones are only available with certain companies...so I can't get an iphone...although my son says lots of people who have them hate them.

Re: PhonesI have a Blackberry and love it! I had the Moto Q and hated it. It, to me, wasn't user friendly at all.

Re: PhonesI love my Blackberry Storm. It is so easy to use and see what you are looking at! Also I love the navigation, it has got me out of neighborhoods where I have turned myself around and couldn't find my way out.

Re: PhonesI've got a Palm Treo, and I like it. It does have a note feature, and a full QWERTY keyboard. It's also available in a multitude of colors for most carriers. I do not like that it hangs itself up easily when I try to hold it to my ear with my shoulder, unless I have the screen set to "not active in a call" - which is not convenient, because then I can't turn on the speaker phone easily when I want to.DH has an iPhone, and I really want one of those. But we won't pay for a data plan, so there's no way to get one, short of over-paying someone who is selling one that has been modded. (DH's is a hacked phone, he uses it with T-Mobile.)

Re: PhonesBlackberry Curve.... LOVE it!!!

Re: PhonesI've been looking for a touch screen phone. I think that I would like it. I want something that can sync to my pc for outlook calendar & such, but I don't care if it has access to my e-mail or to the internet.

I had a blackberry & hated it b/c it wouldn't do the things that I wanted without paying for the stupid data plan. I have the blackberry pearl if anyone's interesting in purchasing a used one.

Re: Phones
chefann said:
I've got a Palm Treo, and I like it. It does have a note feature, and a full QWERTY keyboard. It's also available in a multitude of colors for most carriers. I do not like that it hangs itself up easily when I try to hold it to my ear with my shoulder, unless I have the screen set to "not active in a call" - which is not convenient, because then I can't turn on the speaker phone easily when I want to.

DH has an iPhone, and I really want one of those. But we won't pay for a data plan, so there's no way to get one, short of over-paying someone who is selling one that has been modded. (DH's is a hacked phone, he uses it with T-Mobile.)

that would be only way to use the iPhone with T-Mobile, right? I'd love an iPhone, but we have T-Mobile and I didn't think they were compatible or at least I knew you couldn't get one through T-Mobile.

I just ordered a T-mobile G1 last night, but I ordered it online, so I have no idea what I'm going to think about it.

Re: Phones
crystalscookingnow said:
I've been looking for a touch screen phone. I think that I would like it. I want something that can sync to my pc for outlook calendar & such, but I don't care if it has access to my e-mail or to the internet.

I had a blackberry & hated it b/c it wouldn't do the things that I wanted without paying for the stupid data plan. I have the blackberry pearl if anyone's interesting in purchasing a used one.
Palm phones (like mine) sync to computers for contacts/schedule, etc. It has web capabilities, but you don't need to use that.
pampcheflisa said:
that would be only way to use the iPhone with T-Mobile, right? I'd love an iPhone, but we have T-Mobile and I didn't think they were compatible or at least I knew you couldn't get one through T-Mobile.

I just ordered a T-mobile G1 last night, but I ordered it online, so I have no idea what I'm going to think about it.
Yes, using a hacked iPhone is the only way to use it with T-Mobile. Apple has an exclusive agreement with AT&T. And you can't even buy one officially without paying for an AT&T plan. DH got his (1st generation) before they added that clause.

Re: PhonesI have the iphone, love it! I got it when it first came out.

Re: PhonesHave the iPhone 3G, love it! Syncs to my calendar and contacts through my iTunes on my PC, downloaded music on the iPod feature, navigates me to all of my shows with a touch of a button (click on the host's address, and a map pops up!). I got over the "strange-ness" of the touch screen in about a week - you get used to it quickly, and you can get a stylus if you really want. I think the best part about the iPhone is how easy it is to use. It's super user-friendly, and doesn't take forever to figure out how to email a picture to someone (like my mom's BlackBerry - that thing is a nightmare!!). I love it! I went back and forth over the iPhone and BlackBerry for a while - when I finally tried both in practical applications, I realized I was leaning more towards the iPhone, so I took the plunge. My whole family has them now - we're all hooked!

Good luck!

Re: PhonesMy next phone will be an iPhone..or something similar... My daughter has one and they are great. Since you have to sign a 2 yr contract.. I figure I will get a phone I will enjoy for that long. I had a Krazer..and it was great.. You could turn the volume up loud and actually HEAR!! It also got great reception.. rarely dropping calls. But since I dropped it and cracked the front.... I am using my daughter's reject Blackjack......and I am not very impressed.. but she can't find the box/manual..so I am winging it. It probably is a great phone...I will stumble along. lol If you are signing a contract...think about what you would want for that long a time.

Re: Phonesjust upgraded to a blackberry curve and I love it!.. I did have a palm treo and I miss a lot of features of it... but the blackberry is really cool! I miss the touch screen of the palm but, like Ann says I use to hang up on people a lot! I also like how lightweight the BB Curve is!
I got a sweet deal and I am finally getting the hang of it! At first I kep trying to touch the screen! lol! cuz the palm treo was a touch screen! I do miss that a little! but the bb Curve has a lot more applications that can be used on it, it's compatible with a lot of different applications, where the treo was a pain on some things!
Good luck!

Re: PhonesI have a Samsung BlackJack and I like it....except that the keyboard is small and my eyes are getting old. It's hard for me to see the letters when the keyboard is backlit. Also, it's kind of bulky for me.

I'd rather have an IPhone, so I guess I'd better pump up my show schedule LOL.

Re: PhonesWell I am still undecided. I played with the iPhone I guess now I just need to go play with the other ones to find out which is best for me. I wish they would of made the iPhone just in a non touch screen. I have fake nails so it is hard for me to use the keyboard.

1. What are the top features to consider when upgrading my phone?

When upgrading your phone, it's important to consider the following features:

• Operating system (iOS, Android, etc.)
  • Screen size and resolution
  • Battery life
  • Camera quality
  • Storage capacity

2. Should I upgrade to the latest model or choose a slightly older one?

This ultimately depends on your personal preferences and budget. The latest model will have the newest features and technology, but may come at a higher cost. A slightly older model may have some of the same features at a lower price. Consider your needs and budget before making a decision.

3. Is it worth it to upgrade my phone every year?

This also depends on your personal preferences and budget. If you love having the newest technology and features, upgrading every year may be worth it to you. However, if your current phone is still performing well and meeting your needs, there may not be a need to upgrade every year.

4. How can I transfer my data to a new phone?

There are a few different ways to transfer data from your old phone to a new one. You can use a cloud service, such as iCloud or Google Drive, to backup and transfer your data. You can also use a USB cable to connect your old phone to your new one and transfer data directly. Your phone carrier may also offer assistance with transferring data to a new phone.

5. What are some important factors to consider when choosing a phone plan?

When choosing a phone plan, consider the following factors:

• Data, talk, and text allowances
  • Cost and fees
  • Coverage and network reliability
  • Contract length
  • Device compatibility

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedlinda
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampchefrhondab