• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Pampered Chef Bookings with Door-to-Door Outreach | John Watschke

In summary, a Pampered Chef Consultant is going door to door this weekend to try and get new customers.
pampered1224
Silver Member
I have been on the dang phone for weeks and have contacted EVERYONE in my PC contact list and I got one whole booking! Luckily it is tomorrow and that means triple points but that is it! I do how ever have to get off my butt and have decided to try something I learned about from the Lemon Aid Lady and that is to go door to door! I mentioned doing this in another post but never did it. So yep, I have a post card label set up but need to word it just right and have about 500 old invites so... I am thinking something as simple as "Hi my name is John Watschke and I would love to be your Pampered Chef Consultant! Don't know what Pampered Chef is? Call me to find out about recipes and great kitchen tools to make your life easier! I can even show you how to get them FREE!" Sound OK?

Sounds great! I've though about doing something similar in my neighborhood.
Good Luck!~

pampered1224 said:
I have been on the dang phone for weeks and have contacted EVERYONE in my PC contact list and I got one whole booking! Luckily it is tomorrow and that means triple points but that is it! I do how ever have to get off my butt and have decided to try something I learned about from the Lemon Aid Lady and that is to go door to door! I mentioned doing this in another post but never did it. So yep, I have a post card label set up but need to word it just right and have about 500 old invites so... I am thinking something as simple as "Hi my name is John Watschke and I would love to be your Pampered Chef Consultant! Don't know what Pampered Chef is? Call me to find out about recipes and great kitchen tools to make your life easier! I can even show you how to get them FREE!" Sound OK?

I know what you mean. I'm going door to door this weekend with 200 flyers I made. I'm crossing my fingers it doesn't snow Thursday as predicted. We had 5 inches just last week that lasted two days. I want to get my name out there and get out of my revolving list that sometimes goes nowhere.

Can you find a booth opportunity in your area? That can really help get your name out!Are you doing a newsletter? Keeping your name in front of your customers really helps! I sent mine out on Monday morning to 998 contacts. When I came home from the Cluster Meeting Monday night 152 people had already opened it. That was 152 people who saw my name on Monday alone! ;) As of today, 197 people have opened it a total of 316 times! There have been 72 total clicks on my various links (30 unique clicks) to look at the upcoming specials, the virtual catalogs and even 2 clicks to look at my career landing page! :DHave you thought about Pampering a Business to get new customers?

I went door to door the other day , to a few businesses just for triple points i left a catalog and said no shipping charge . I will be back on friday to pick up any orders

One thing to remember is that just by leaving a flyer you are not being "intentional". This leaves the ball in their court and 99% of the time they are not going to follow back up with you. The key is in your follow up or how many people you can talk face to face the day of.

This is what I did in my last company. We called it a "Drive By" and it seems to be working well for me here, too.

I would get in the car and go to nice neighborhoods, neighborhoods I would LOVE to have a party in. I would start writing down addresses of houses so I could send postcards or a mini-catalog to them.

I look for stuff like toys in the yard, or swingsets in the back yard--kid stuff. This means that a family lives there. Probably a BUSY family who could really use and love our stuff. Of course, look for a mailbox in front of the house, or a cluster somewhere in the neighborhood, so you know that the household gets their mail at home & not a PO box. :)

Once I got about 25-30 addresses, I'd start mailing stuff. Since I don't have names or anything, I'd address it as:

The Chef at
435 Cedar Way
Anytown, CO 81000

I have a small note I stick inside the mini- catalog (then tape the catalog shut) it says:

Hi! My name is Lea Amdahl, and I'm Grand Junction's rising-star Pampered Chef Consultant! I would love to have a chance to meet you and your friends and show you some of our newest products, as well as some old favorites. Not only will you get to see and use my stuff, I will also cook you dinner, so you get a night off!

Call me and we can set up a party. If you hold your party before January 31, you will get up to $50 EXTRA in free stuff! I only have a few dates left, though, so call me before they're gone.

Don't have time for a party? No problem. If you see something that you need, want, or simply have to have, just call me or email me to place your order. It will come right to your door. No pressure, no hassle.

I look forward to meeting you and serving your kitchen needs!
Lea Amdahl
Consultant with The Pampered Chef
(970) 712-4524
[email protected]

pinkunicorn said:
This is what I did in my last company. We called it a "Drive By" and it seems to be working well for me here, too.

I would get in the car and go to nice neighborhoods, neighborhoods I would LOVE to have a party in. I would start writing down addresses of houses so I could send postcards or a mini-catalog to them.

I look for stuff like toys in the yard, or swingsets in the back yard--kid stuff. This means that a family lives there. Probably a BUSY family who could really use and love our stuff. Of course, look for a mailbox in front of the house, or a cluster somewhere in the neighborhood, so you know that the household gets their mail at home & not a PO box. :)

Once I got about 25-30 addresses, I'd start mailing stuff. Since I don't have names or anything, I'd address it as:

The Chef at
435 Cedar Way
Anytown, CO 81000

I have a small note I stick inside the mini- catalog (then tape the catalog shut) it says:

Hi! My name is Lea Amdahl, and I'm Grand Junction's rising-star Pampered Chef Consultant! I would love to have a chance to meet you and your friends and show you some of our newest products, as well as some old favorites. Not only will you get to see and use my stuff, I will also cook you dinner, so you get a night off!

Call me and we can set up a party. If you hold your party before January 31, you will get up to $50 EXTRA in free stuff! I only have a few dates left, though, so call me before they're gone.

Don't have time for a party? No problem. If you see something that you need, want, or simply have to have, just call me or email me to place your order. It will come right to your door. No pressure, no hassle.

I look forward to meeting you and serving your kitchen needs!
Lea Amdahl
Consultant with The Pampered Chef
(970) 712-4524
[email protected]

If you haven't already distributed those, you might want to change that to "can earn" - if their show sales are not $500 or more they will NOT get an extra $50 unless you are willing to do that out of your own pocket. ;)

Oh, thanks Sheila! Never thought of that!

PinkUnicorn - I love that idea!!! There are no other consultants in my area and I have been trying to think of a way to get my name out there quicker!! Thanks for sharing!!

I like the idea of sending that out but can't people sign up for no mail solicitation? How do you get around that if you end up sending it to someone like that??? I may have to try it out. This is why I was excited to be moving. New neighborhood new contacts. But it looks like we may be starting the whole house hunting process over again instead of moving into the house I was in love with!:(:cry:

Thanks...I have wanted to try this. I can't wait to tell my daughter that we are going neighborhood hopping this weekend!! WaHoo...notepad, pen, targeted neighborhood and off we go.

Great idea! I have a few neighborhoods in mind! :) I don't have any of the mini catalogs, so I will probably wait until I get the Spring/Summer ones unless any of you know of an alternate I can send? I think the catalogs are a lot more appealing than a postcard, plus the size makes them intriguing. :)

John: Go for bookings at your show tomorrow. Offer some great incentive for hosting a show. Perhaps some extra products you have - take some and tell people they can have it at their own show if they book by xxxx. Try the Dollar Days flyer. I would totally focus on bookings at your show. It will be so much easier for someone who has met you and seen your show to book than a virtual stranger.....You can do it....BEE

At the cluster meeting this week, the Sr. Exec Director gave this idea...I'll try to explain it as best I can.She selected a popular product- like the Stainless Steel Bowls (She was using February's special). She then would say something to the guests about having "3 spots to fill in February. If anyone books one of those dates, they can get the Stainless Steel Bowl set for $14.90!" She then explained that the host would need to get the SS Bowls with the Host Special at 60% off, and then she'd pay HALF of the remaining balance, making it only $14.90 for the host. I think you could do this with about any popular item- like the DCB or the bowls or whatever is 'hot' for your guests. Or maybe ask them what they want? She gave the other scenario of them using one of their half-price items (so a minimum of $300 show to get a half-price item) for that product, and then she paid 50% of the remaining...making it only 25% for the host.I'm sorry if this isn't coming through well, and no, she didn't have a flyer or anything so you'd have to make something...but it sounded great! Little out of pocket and gives the host what THEY want for very little. BUT she stressed only do this for a select period of time or to fill just a few dates, etc. And if she was offering this at a show, and the current host made that "gasp" noise of "dang, I want that!", she would then say "Don't worry Mary! If anyone books one of my 3 shows to get this offer, I'm going to give YOU this offer too!" (Puts pressure on!)So maybe you can work this to your situation somehow or come up with an idea from it?? I know sometimes hearing one idea or method can sometimes inspire one that works well for your circumstances.Good luck! (Put a Recipe card in with your door-to-door flyer or a magnet biz card...something they won't throw away!)

I am so happy that after not as much luck on the phone tonight as I'd have liked I logged on here. Great ideas, keep em coming! I'm so doing that neighborhood thing, and I love the note you wrote for it!!

Sheila said:
Can you find a booth opportunity in your area? That can really help get your name out!

Are you doing a newsletter? Keeping your name in front of your customers really helps! I sent mine out on Monday morning to 998 contacts. When I came home from the Cluster Meeting Monday night 152 people had already opened it. That was 152 people who saw my name on Monday alone! ;) As of today, 197 people have opened it a total of 316 times! There have been 72 total clicks on my various links (30 unique clicks) to look at the upcoming specials, the virtual catalogs and even 2 clicks to look at my career landing page! :D

Have you thought about Pampering a Business to get new customers?

How do you know how many have opened it and clicked it and various links? Am I doing something wrong? I have been using the ones from Tasty Tidbits but I think I want to use the one your doing. Also I am having difficulty sending it from my email any suggestions. I dont have that many people but I had to delete names this month to get mine to go out. How can I do it so that I do not have that issue.

Thanks,
Bill

beepampered said:
John: Go for bookings at your show tomorrow. Offer some great incentive for hosting a show. Perhaps some extra products you have - take some and tell people they can have it at their own show if they book by xxxx. Try the Dollar Days flyer. I would totally focus on bookings at your show. It will be so much easier for someone who has met you and seen your show to book than a virtual stranger.....You can do it....BEE

What is the dollar days flyer?

Bill:blushing:

I LOVE PinkUnicorn's IDEA! I have driven through the neighborhoods near my apartment and always think about how many potential parties there are! I never thought to mail minis to the addresses without a name attached. I will be trying this idea out by the end of the month. Will let you all know how it turns out.

These are amazing ideas! I love the neighborhood idea especially and the extra 50% off an item to fill calendar days.

Bill, if you are sending from your personal email account, it is probably a limitation with your Internet Service Provider (ISP). I'd suggest sending from your PC website, or splitting it up into batches from your personal email. Just a note too, most service providers require that you have an "opt out" where you note that if they don't want to receive your mailing, it gives instructions. Otherwise you can get in trouble and they can block your emails or turn off your Internet service.

Well I did manage to get two bookings out of the party but I could not get them to book in close. One is for the first weekend in March and one is the first weekend of June! But Lea, a drive by! What a totally awesome idea! This means that I could more accurately track the addresses and responses. I have been looking at booth opportunities and right now there is nothing that I can find. I will keep looking though! I love doing those although I do have to admit that I normally do not get much from any I have been in. Oh well, my resolution this year is to make PC a priority as I do not have a full time job and I found out that when I do make commission and report it to unemployment, they only remove a percentage of it from my benefit. So I pocket some of my commission! That makes it much more of an incentive to work my business 150%! I'll be real honest here. I really would like to not have to go back to a 9 to 5. I didn't realize how stressful my job was until about three weeks after I got let go and could relax. Housework is easier than what I did and I even enjoyed it! That's when you know your full time job STUNK! OOO! I think I am going to combine the two ideas. Drive by this weekend and the temps are supposed to go to the low thirties on Monday and Tuesday so maybe a walk would be good. and yes, I know that actual contact is the only way to insure that they notice me. So I will hope for a lot of that. I may be courageous enough to ask if they would like to attend a party and set up one at home or at another neighbors home. You ask about 20 people if they would love to come to party then at the 21st home, you ask them to host a party and let them know they have 20 people who would love to come! And they would be neighbors. I simply track the guest list then mail out the invites and the host is all set! They can of course invite others to attend so...
OK, I gotta slow down here I can smell the rubber bands burning! Time to organize!! THANKS!!!

Just an fyi, if you have a friend or family member that is in Real Estate, you can get 100's of addresses from their Title Rep person (it's Free for them).

My hubby is a Broker and he gets the addresses I need separated by renters and owners.

Saves on the gas and your tootsies from walking the neighborhood. Hope this helps someone;)

OOO Neat idea and yes I do have a person who I know is in real estate!

can they really give that info out?? I'm annoyed with all the info crap I'm getting in the mail since closing on our house about refiancing and all that. I don't know if I'd want yet another person contacting me. Getting the info from the newspaper is one thing but to do it that way, not sure I'd like that. jmo

Bill Faber said:
How do you know how many have opened it and clicked it and various links? Am I doing something wrong? I have been using the ones from Tasty Tidbits but I think I want to use the one your doing. Also I am having difficulty sending it from my email any suggestions. I dont have that many people but I had to delete names this month to get mine to go out. How can I do it so that I do not have that issue.

Thanks,
Bill

Hi Bill-
If you use an e-mail service like iContact, you can find out who opened your e-mails, who clicked on the links, who forwarded it, etc. Since you're already using Tasty Tidbits, you have two advantages to using iContact - a reduced fee for the newsletter by using Tasty Tidbits as the referral (I'm not sure how this works, because I was using iContact before signing up for TT, but I believe there is a link or something, or at least more information, on the TT website), and, if you go to the last tab on the website you'll see it says "iContact Templates." It's the same newsletters, butwith one click, then entering your iContact login information, the newsletter goes straight to your iContact account. You can edit it there, and send it out.

If you need more help, let me know. I love both TT and iContact!

The Tasty Tidbits one has that at the bottom of the newsletter. I am eager to hear though the one that shows how many have opened it and looked at it. Does others use this and if so where do you get this one? Should I be using a different newsletter to see this? Thanks for any help you can provide. I wonder how many do read my email I do get some replies back that it has been read but that is only maybe a third of the ones I send out.

pampered1224 said:
...You ask about 20 people if they would love to come to party then at the 21st home, you ask them to host a party and let them know they have 20 people who would love to come! And they would be neighbors. I simply track the guest list then mail out the invites and the host is all set! They can of course invite others to attend so...
QUOTE]

Wow I love the idea about door to door and asking if they would like to attend a party! I can bet there would be more yes replies to that than no's, AND THEN to offer the built in show to a potential host with all the host benefits? My wheels are turning a hundred miles an hour over this idea...

Thanks!

Don't thank me! Thank the Lemon Aid Lady - Christine for that one. I attended her seminar at NC about 6 or 7 years ago and well, I never really needed to do anything so drastic to my norm. Now I need too so... Besides, if I do it that way, I do only get contacts as no one home, no contact info to pass to a potential host. This way I get immediate feed back. I may get a few slammed doors in the face but that is just a glorified NO! And oh well!

Sheila said:
Can you find a booth opportunity in your area? That can really help get your name out!

Are you doing a newsletter? Keeping your name in front of your customers really helps! I sent mine out on Monday morning to 998 contacts. When I came home from the Cluster Meeting Monday night 152 people had already opened it. That was 152 people who saw my name on Monday alone! ;) As of today, 197 people have opened it a total of 316 times! There have been 72 total clicks on my various links (30 unique clicks) to look at the upcoming specials, the virtual catalogs and even 2 clicks to look at my career landing page! :D

Have you thought about Pampering a Business to get new customers?

hi may i ask where you are doing your news letter? thanks

Sheila said:
Can you find a booth opportunity in your area? That can really help get your name out!Are you doing a newsletter? Keeping your name in front of your customers really helps! I sent mine out on Monday morning to 998 contacts. When I came home from the Cluster Meeting Monday night 152 people had already opened it. That was 152 people who saw my name on Monday alone! ;) As of today, 197 people have opened it a total of 316 times! There have been 72 total clicks on my various links (30 unique clicks) to look at the upcoming specials, the virtual catalogs and even 2 clicks to look at my career landing page! :DHave you thought about Pampering a Business to get new customers?
What do you mean, "various links"? Can you ellaborate more on how you do that? Do you go through pcw or someone like Constantcontact?

For the newsletter questions - use a newsletter service (like tasty tidbits) to create/format your newsletter or create your own. THEN you need an additional service (icontact, constant contact or similar) to send your newsletters to your customers. This is where you will be able to see who clicked on what, etc. The newsletter itself DOES NOT have the tracking ability.

1) Why should I consider doing door-to-door outreach for my Pampered Chef bookings?

Door-to-door outreach can be an effective way to reach potential customers who may not be in your current network. It allows you to directly introduce yourself and your products to individuals who may not have heard of Pampered Chef before, increasing your chances of getting bookings.

2) How do I prepare for door-to-door outreach?

Before starting your outreach, make sure you have a clear understanding of the products and services offered by Pampered Chef. This will help you confidently answer any questions or concerns potential customers may have. Additionally, have marketing materials, such as postcards or invitations, ready to hand out.

3) What should I include in my door-to-door outreach postcard or invitation?

Your postcard or invitation should include your name, contact information, and a brief introduction to Pampered Chef and its products. You can also mention any current promotions or incentives to entice potential customers to book a party with you.

4) How can I make my door-to-door outreach more effective?

Be friendly and approachable when going door-to-door. Introduce yourself and your products with enthusiasm and confidence. Make sure to listen to any questions or concerns potential customers may have and address them respectfully. Also, follow up with potential customers who express interest in booking a party with you.

5) Can door-to-door outreach really help me increase my Pampered Chef bookings?

Yes, door-to-door outreach can be an effective way to reach new customers and increase your bookings. While it may take some time and effort, the personal connection you make with potential customers can be very impactful and lead to successful bookings. Just remember to stay positive and persistent in your outreach efforts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
feather18
Replies
Views
chefheidi2003
  • tpchefrebecca
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
lizcooks4u