• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Employee Appreciation Week: A $5 Gift That Made Us Giggle and Bake Cookies

In summary, DH's company provides gift certificates to a restaurant, but we would rather have the money. We have to pay almost the same amount out of our pocket to use the gift certificate, and then find a night we can go out.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
....actually, it made me laugh every time I thought of it for a couple hours. As we were eating dinner tonight, DH was telling me that next week is Employee Appreciation Week at his work. So I asked him what he was doing for the guys that work for him. He said that at the last team leaders meeting, they had counted what they had in Petty Cash, and decided to just have the Team Leaders each give their team cash. A big whoppin' $5 in cash each!
To me, that is just hilarious! I cannot imagine having my boss come to me and say "I really appreciate all of your hard work this past year - here's five bucks...don't spend it all in one place."
A_laughing_matter.gif

So, after I picked myself up off the floor, I suggested that we take the money, and go buy some really good ingredients, and I'd help him make big plates of cookies for all the guys that work for him. I'm sure that would be something that would be more appreciated than being handed a $5 bill! He agreed with me. So DH and I are going to bake cookies this weekend.

haha.. I have to agree w/ you!! I'm sure the guys would appreciate cookies than $5.. Five bucks is almost a slap in the face.. hehe.. Way to save the day!! :)

It's a good thing for him that he has you to help him appreciate his employees.

That is cute..he's so lucky he's got a gal who knows all about yummy recipes! I love that he's helping you make them too! Way to save the day....I think the $5 would have made me angry.....but goodies for the tummy are always welcomed!

I'm sure they will appreciate the cookies alot more than the money.

I have to share a similar story:

For my DH one year ann. with his company he was handed a 5X7 size white box by the receptionist. No comment, other than this is for you. She had picked up out of a stack of about 30 of them on her desk. He wandered outside and opened it. Inside was a plaque with "Thanks for your dedication Tom Patton" on it. Cute, BUT also inside it was a letter to his supervisor outlining how this was suppose to be presented, with fan fair and apreciation(sp?). It was signed Joe Shmoe author of the book 'How to motivate your employees with carrots'. He really felt valued - riiight. It found itself with 30 others in the dupster.

Go with the cookies, it shows them you took time and effort, not unlike what they do every day.

PS - Shortly after DH put a new sticker on his hard hat: "If you want loyalty get a dog, I'm here for the money." LOL

Ummmm. White Chocolate Macadamia Nut.

If it was more than $5, I would say he should give them them money. But I would take cookies over the $5 any day and feel appreciated.

My hubby's company gives these gift certificates to a resturant. However, we would much rather have the money. To use the gift we have to pay almost the same out of our pocket to hire a babysitter, and then find a night we can go out. What a pain. I have two of them just sitting here.

What is "This Made Me Giggle...."?

"This Made Me Giggle...." is a collection of humorous kitchen and cooking related products offered by Pampered Chef. These products are designed to add a touch of fun and laughter to your cooking experience.

Can I purchase "This Made Me Giggle...." items outside of a Pampered Chef party?

Yes, you can purchase "This Made Me Giggle...." products through a Pampered Chef consultant or directly on our website. You do not need to attend a party to make a purchase.

Are the "This Made Me Giggle...." products dishwasher safe?

Yes, all of our "This Made Me Giggle...." products are dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand-washing to prolong the life of the product.

Are there any special offers or discounts for "This Made Me Giggle...." products?

Yes, we frequently offer promotions and discounts on our "This Made Me Giggle...." products. Check our website or contact your Pampered Chef consultant for current offers.

Do you offer personalized "This Made Me Giggle...." items?

Unfortunately, we do not offer personalized "This Made Me Giggle...." items at this time. However, we are always looking for new and creative ideas, so please feel free to share your suggestions with us!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
friday
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
heather223
  • colegrovet
  • General Chat
Replies