1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: This made me giggle....

1. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

....actually, it made me laugh every time I thought of it for a couple hours. As we were eating dinner tonight, DH was telling me that next week is Employee Appreciation Week at his work. So I asked him what he was doing for the guys that work for him. He said that at the last team leaders meeting, they had counted what they had in Petty Cash, and decided to just have the Team Leaders each give their team cash. A big whoppin' $5 in cash each!
    To me, that is just hilarious! I cannot imagine having my boss come to me and say "I really appreciate all of your hard work this past year - here's five bucks...don't spend it all in one place." [​IMG]

So, after I picked myself up off the floor, I suggested that we take the money, and go buy some really good ingredients, and I'd help him make big plates of cookies for all the guys that work for him. I'm sure that would be something that would be more appreciated than being handed a $5 bill! He agreed with me. So DH and I are going to bake cookies this weekend.

May 7, 2009
  2. WLMcCoy

WLMcCoy Advanced Member

haha.. I have to agree w/ you!! I'm sure the guys would appreciate cookies than $5.. Five bucks is almost a slap in the face.. hehe.. Way to save the day!! :)

May 7, 2009
  3. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

It's a good thing for him that he has you to help him appreciate his employees.

May 7, 2009
  4. Jolie_Paradoxe

Jolie_Paradoxe Senior Member Gold Member

That is cute..he's so lucky he's got a gal who knows all about yummy recipes! I love that he's helping you make them too! Way to save the day....I think the $5 would have made me angry.....but goodies for the tummy are always welcomed!

5. TeresaG

TeresaG Member

I'm sure they will appreciate the cookies alot more than the money.

May 8, 2009
  6. Crystal Patton

Crystal Patton Advanced Member

I have to share a similar story:

For my DH one year ann. with his company he was handed a 5X7 size white box by the receptionist. No comment, other than this is for you. She had picked up out of a stack of about 30 of them on her desk. He wandered outside and opened it. Inside was a plaque with "Thanks for your dedication Tom Patton" on it. Cute, BUT also inside it was a letter to his supervisor outlining how this was suppose to be presented, with fan fair and apreciation(sp?). It was signed Joe Shmoe author of the book 'How to motivate your employees with carrots'. He really felt valued - riiight. It found itself with 30 others in the dupster.

Go with the cookies, it shows them you took time and effort, not unlike what they do every day.

PS - Shortly after DH put a new sticker on his hard hat: "If you want loyalty get a dog, I'm here for the money." LOL

7. gailz2

gailz2 Senior Member Gold Member

Ummmm. White Chocolate Macadamia Nut.

May 8, 2009
  8. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

If it was more than $5, I would say he should give them them money. But I would take cookies over the $5 any day and feel appreciated.

My hubby's company gives these gift certificates to a resturant. However, we would much rather have the money. To use the gift we have to pay almost the same out of our pocket to hire a babysitter, and then find a night we can go out. What a pain. I have two of them just sitting here.

Have something to add?