• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

This Has Never Happened to Me Before, Advice, Please

In summary, the conversation discusses a woman who initially showed interest in hosting a show in November, but then became unresponsive to calls and emails. In December, she contacted the speaker again to host a catalog show in January and a cooking show in February. However, she continued to be difficult to contact and eventually cancelled the show last minute, causing the speaker to waste time and effort. The speaker questions whether they should continue to try and work with this woman or not. Others in the conversation suggest not bothering to contact her again due to her rudeness and lack of communication.
byrd1956
Gold Member
Sorry, this seems a little long....I met a woman at an event in Oct. She was interested in hosting a show in Nov, but no matter how often I called or e-mailed she did not call back. Eventually I actually talked to her and she said she was too busy at this time. In Dec. she e-mailed me wanting to do a catalog show in Jan. and a cooking show in Feb. I mailed her a catty host packet and we actually were able to talk a number of times, but as I was trying to close at the end of the month she would not call back and there were no online orders. Although I offered to call or e-mail friends and family early on she never took me up on it. At the end of Jan. she e-mailed me saying she was not able to get orders for her catalog show cause of moving, but she was going to have her cooking show on Feb. 25. From then on I called or e-mailed 1 or 2 times a week, sometimes actually speaking with her, but she would not get her guest list to me. Last week I finally received an e-mail telling me she did not need me to send invitations, because she was doing it word of mouth. I also could not get her to committ to a specific recipe. This week I called and e-mailed several times. I know I should have just told her I was not going to show today, but I was thinking positive, so last night I left the message telling when I would be there. The drive was around 30 min. to an area that made me a little nervous. Her boyfriend answered the door and was surprised I was there. He said he didn't know where she was and that she had talked about having a party was a couple months ago. He told me to call her and see what was going on. I got to leave another message; told her where I was and that I was going home and if she wanted to reschedule to call or e-mail me. The day was not a complete waste I was close to where my son lives, so I called him and we went out to eat. Now, do I ever call this woman back or do I just keep her on the mailings and wait to see if she ever contacts me again?

Personally I wouldn't bother working with her again. She was rude to you and didn't have the decency to just cancel the show and not waste your time. There are plenty
of good people out there who wouldn't treat someone this way. Just my opinion!

I wouldn't bother trying to contact her. Some people just can't tell you when they arent going to do what they say they would. Bless and release. I had almost the exact same situation. She had a cooking show scheduled in Jan but changed it to a catalog show as she had orders and scheduled a cooking show in Feb. We set up a time for me to call her the next day but I was never able to connect after many calls and emails. Finally we did talk about a week ago and all was good, excited, etc. Then again no further answers to my attempts to contact. The show was Friday at 6:30. At 5:45 she left a cryptic email that said she didn't think she could do the party because she had issues at work. I replied and called saying that it sounded like she couldn't do the party but to please clarify. She finally replied that she was just getting out of work and couldn't do it. So those people you told me were coming weren't? She says she has orders and will give them to me on Monday. We'll see...I think it was totally rude to not bother to tell me until the very last minute as I was just about to go out the door. She is busy. I get that. But so am I. I could have made other plans if she had been honest with me. Urrrgggg.

Robyn, I think I'd leave her on the list for newsletters & not attempt to book her again.There are very few circumstances (like in a car accident & unconscious) that would make me understanding enough to re-book her. Not having guests at the house & a boyfriend who knows nothing about a party doesn't sound like a valid excuse in my opinion. ;)

Take the high road and bow out gracefully... "I'm so sorry we crossed wires on this, I was there for your show Saturday evening but something must have happened. I do hope you are OK. Please contact me after your move and let me know what kind of service I can provide in the future. Take care." (Bless and release!)

Bless and release! I would keep her on your newsletter list, but I would not put the effort into trying to contact her again.

RUN dont walk away form this one! She totally blew you off...just do as Scott says and dont bother to contact her again!

The one Host that did that to me has never spoken to me again, and we work in the same building...

I would leave her on the newsletter list also. I personally would not book a cooking show date again with her unless I received a guest list from her to mail invites out myself. I would keep her as a catalog show host contact, that way your booking dates are not wasted and the catalog show is on her time, not yours.

I appreciate all the feedback. Have not contacted her, but will eventually, probably will use Scott's words as my own. This world has all kinds.....I guess we are lucky. If everyone was like me, they'd drive me crazy!

That happened top me about three years ago. I too was 30 minutes away and this lady TOLD ME when and where and that SHE would invite everyone so I did not have to worry about that. I contact her a couple of times, including two days before. I even got the recipe she wanted, went shopping as I always do. Showed up at her house when I told her I would be there. 24 degrees outside, icy as it had snowed all day, her boyfriend answers the door half stoned or drunk and the kitchen is filthy. He had no idea where she was or how to contact her. I get a call the next day, Saturday a.m. an she blasts me immediately that I had the wrong date and that it was for next week. Now, I know I get confused but not when it is going to cost me money and time. I told her that it could not be for next week as I knew about 4 months ago I had a wedding that weekend and I needed to leave Friday night after work. She swore at me and hung up. Now, here is the kicker. This lady was a referral from another of my good hosts. She had sent me the invite as I had asked her too because I had not gotten any info. It perfectly stated that the date I showed up, was the date on the invite. The funny thing was that I never heard of anyone else showing up that night but my past host could not make it anyway so... I just sucked it up and I did one more thing. I decided to remove her from my e-mail list, my P3 contacts and that was that. My choice though. That is something you must decide.

Anyone swears at me they would immediately be removed from all contact lists as well. Some things are just not tolerated by myself, no matter the circumstances.

Yep definitely. She was a sailor when it came to a bad mouth. And yes, that was the major motivation for never doing business with her ever again in any way shape or form. She had the gall to e-mail me with an order for about $25 about 6 months later and told me she was not going to pay S&H. I deleted it and never heard from her again.
My advice, remove her. If she needs something, let her come to you and then you can decide what to do at that point. However, I would decline any booking from her. To unstable and you need yeses, not "I flaked but figured you don't need the money anyway" attitudes.

1. What is "This Has Never Happened to Me Before, Advice, Please"?

"This Has Never Happened to Me Before, Advice, Please" is a popular cookbook from Pampered Chef that features unique and creative recipes for various occasions. It also includes helpful tips and tricks for cooking and entertaining.

2. Who is the author of "This Has Never Happened to Me Before, Advice, Please"?

The author of "This Has Never Happened to Me Before, Advice, Please" is Pampered Chef's executive chef, Sandy Wolner. She has over 25 years of experience in the food industry and has created delicious and easy-to-follow recipes for this cookbook.

3. Are the recipes in "This Has Never Happened to Me Before, Advice, Please" difficult to make?

No, the recipes in "This Has Never Happened to Me Before, Advice, Please" are designed to be easy and approachable for all levels of cooking experience. The cookbook also includes step-by-step instructions and helpful tips to ensure success in the kitchen.

4. Can I find ingredients for the recipes in "This Has Never Happened to Me Before, Advice, Please" at my local grocery store?

Yes, most of the ingredients used in the recipes can be found at your local grocery store. However, some specialty items may need to be purchased at a specialty store or online. The cookbook also includes tips for substitutions if needed.

5. Is "This Has Never Happened to Me Before, Advice, Please" only for experienced cooks?

No, "This Has Never Happened to Me Before, Advice, Please" is suitable for all levels of cooking experience. The cookbook is designed to be user-friendly and includes helpful tips for beginners. Experienced cooks can also find unique and creative recipes to try.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
byrd1956
Replies
Views
milkangel
  • pckellyd
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire