• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Thinking of Starting Pampered Chef

In summary, Stacy is considering starting a Pampered Chef business part-time to earn extra money. She has been a host before and loves the products. Her two questions are if she needs to buy the starter kit and if she needs a consultant to start, as she doesn't know anyone in her area who currently sells. The answers are yes, she does need to purchase the $90 starter kit, which includes products, paperwork, and supplies for her first few shows. She can also sign up with the home office and be connected with a director. Other consultants would be happy to help her get started and she can attend monthly meetings with a hospitality director in her area. It is also mentioned that now is a good time to start as she can
Stacys
Hi! I'm new here and thinking of starting PC. I've been a host several times and love the products. I am looking at doing it on a Part-Time basis. I mainly just want to earn some extra money. My question is two parts. Do you have to buy the starter kit?? I already have about 80% of what is in it with a couple of exceptions. And, do you have to have a consultant to start? I don'
t know anyone who is currently selling in my area.

Any help you all could give me would be wonderful.

Thanks
Stacy

Ok so first, here are your answers. yes you have to buy the starter kit, it is $90 + tax. It comes with a lot of products, and it also has all of the paperwork and supplies that you will need for your first few shows. You can always use the extra products as door prizes or give aways. Second, you could actually sign up with the home office and they will conect you with a director. And, I'm sure you will get dozens for posts on here from all of us that would love to sign you up and help you get started. (I would love to do this for you too!) Then we would put you in contact with a hospitality director in your area so you could go to monthly meetings and such.
I hope that answered your questions. Let me know if I can help!

Hi Stacy,
I sent you some more details in a private message, but yes, you do need to purchase the starter kit. I, too, had a lot of duplicates but I am now using them for raffle prizes and hostess gifts. I'd be happy to help answer any further questions you have. Please feel free to send me a private message or email. Good luck to you!!

Stacys said:
Hi! I'm new here and thinking of starting PC. I've been a host several times and love the products. I am looking at doing it on a Part-Time basis. I mainly just want to earn some extra money. My question is two parts. Do you have to buy the starter kit?? I already have about 80% of what is in it with a couple of exceptions. And, do you have to have a consultant to start? I don'
t know anyone who is currently selling in my area.

Any help you all could give me would be wonderful.

Thanks
Stacy

HI Stacy,

I think its great that your looking at getting into the Pampered Chef. Its a great business to be in. I actually work the business part time due to my husband being active duty military, having a 1 year old very active son, and my dh trying to go to school fulltime..so that doens't leave alot of room for me to work the job full time but I love the extra cash I make and its extra play money for the family. As for having to buy the kit yes you do, its $90 and even though you say you have 80% of the products its nice not to have to take things out of your kitchen so that you can do a show, even though I always take tons out of my kitchen...lol You do have to have a consultant to start and I would be more than happy to help you out there if you would like. I'll drop you a pm with my email address and phone number and if you have anymore questions I would be more than happy to talk more about the business with you.

Dawn

Stacy:

This is definitely the place to come to get answers to your questions about PC! You've already received some responses regarding the starter kit and I'd just like to add that I keep a separate kit just for shows, so that I don't need to pull things out of my kitchen cabinet to take to shows. After several years in the business, I've "trained" my family and there are definitely some pieces they can't do without when I'm away doing a show! ;) The starter kit also includes excellent training resources, which will help you with your first few shows.

This is an excellent time to begin the Pampered Chef, since you have the opportunity to earn the brand new 12" Executive Cookware Skillet when you sign in February, plus all consultants will be working to earn the cookware between now and the end of May!

Please feel free to email me or send a PM, as I'd love to help you get started in the business, since you are currently not working with someone else.

Best regards,

Mary

Stacy,

Although you have a number of the products, there is a huge additional benefit to you having to buy the starter kit... you won't have to go digging through your cabinets looking for your tools! :) You will probably be able to keep your kit separate and ready to go whenever you have a show.

We use my PC tools everyday at home, and I don't know how many times I have left something small at home because it was in the dishwasher... or how many times my husband has been frustrated that I have the garlic press with me when he is cooking dinner! ( I really should buy him another one!)

As for signing up, you can either contact PC and request a consultant to sign under, or you can choose someone here as well. Many of the consultants have their consultant number listed - and that really is all the information you need.

Good luck on your decision and we look forward to hearing from you when you've signed your agreement!

Thank you all!!Thanks so much for all of your advice and incouraging words. I live in central VA. Amelia county actually. I've had some not so positive encouragement from my DH. He said to try it, but he thinks I'll run out of contacts quickly. I thought about that myself, however, you all have such great ideas for increasing bookings. I guess my first step now is to find 6 bookings. I thought the first show would be my own, but how does that work? I know I don't get commission for it, but I do get host credit correct?

I just wish I could find someone locally to just talk to. Does anyone know someone in Amelia or Powhatan VA?

You can do your first show yourself, you would just enter it in the computer as your being the host. Then you would make commision on it. A lot of consultants do that, it is a good way to introduce your business to your friends, family and comunity. If you would like to find someone in your area to talk to you can go on the PC web site and go to "Come Join Us" there is a pull down that says "request information". Home office will then pass your information on to a director in your area.
Good Luck!

Stacy,

A couple of things...

1.) You can host your first show yourself. You would be the consultant (and thus collect commission on the show) but you would also be the host. That way you earn the host benefits and you would be able to use those benefits for free and discounted products!

2.) As for your DH, my mother-in-law was not supportive of my business when I first started. Lots of negative comments, including comments about not being able to find bookings. Considering bookings are the lifeline of our business and we all have enough concerns about that ourselves, the last thing I needed was her making comments. I would tell him that this is something that is very important to you and you would like to take a chance at it. Tell him that you also are concerned about the bookings, but you need him to support you whole heartedly during this startup. My mother-in-law is now my biggest fan... she has hosted two shows for me. One was $2063 and one was $1800+! I'm sure you will do fine in this business... and once you are out of your immediate circle of friends and family, I think it is easier to get bookings. Just tell him that you need his support... 100%.

I hope that helps. We are all here to encourage you. And I am sure that as your business grows, his support will as well. And then you can tell him "I told you so!" ;)

Last of all, I unfortunately do not know anyone in Virginia to hook you up with. You could always contact home office to have them assign someone to you. If you just want to "bounce ideas and questions off the wall", feel free to e-mail me. I would be more than happy to answer any questions... including your husbands. Come to think of it... my husband would probably also be willing to answer your hubby's questions... get the husband's opinion and all! Then you will be set when you are ready to sign the contract - with whoever you decide to sign with.

One of the nice things about this company is that regardless of where your director/recruiter is located, the home office will set you up with a hospitality director... someone local you can attend meetings with and even do training with. It's nice, because then you have the support of two people... your recruiter/director and your hospitality director.

Can't wait to hear when you sign your contract! I'll be watching the board.

Last edited:
Found someone closeHi again everyone. I took your advice and contacted HO. They connected me with someone close to where I work. Seems there is no-one in my county that sells actively. I have my first new consultant orintation class on Monday.

I want to thank all of you for your help and well wishes. I look forward to joining this great organization. I will keep you posted on how things go!

Thanks Again for everything!!!!

Congratulations!! You are making such a great decision to give this a try! I'm very excited for you. :) As for not having a ton of support from those close to you, I have a feeling that over time when your DH sees how much you enjoy it (and chances are-the money it starts bringing in) he'll likely change his tune. I was lucky because my husband is the one who gave me the final push to give this a try. He said it's worth a try because the starter kit is a VERY little investment and if I didn't like it, I could stop. Plus he figured I'd never know how much I'd like it unless I tried. He NEVER expected it would turn into what it has. I never expected it either. Not to sound cheesy, but it's changed my life and has added so much to it...lots more than just a good paycheck.

Good luck to you! Enjoy your meeting on Monday! Your head will be spinning, but you'll have the support hear to try to sort through everything! If you have any questions, just let me know and I'd be happy to answer them! :D

Congratulations!!!

GOOD FOR YOU! You're joining an awesome company and I'm glad you found someone close!

Welcome!I am a newbie too! I just got my consultant number today. We can do this!!!

Congratulations, Stacy, and welcome aboard! Best of luck to you in your new business...be sure to let us know how you're doing!

Mary H.

Welcome Stacy!

You have picked a great company! We all wish you the best in your business!!

WelcomeWelcome Stacy to the best support area online and to PC! Wish you lots of success and wow to go in an area that consultants are scarce--hope you get the word out! I am sure there are tons of desperate people looking for a consultant!

Hello folks, I think that this is the forum that I need to start with, I've got LOTS of questions!!

Hi Dawn, your post caught my eye, my husband is also on active duty so I think you’ll understand where I’m coming from with my questions!

I got on this site this afternoon, looking for advice (both the good and the bad) about starting to sell PC. I have been to lots of parties over the past 14 or so years, have always loved the product line, and use a good bit of it every day—my biggest fear is of the time commitment. I work full time, have 2 girls (4th and 6th grade) plus church and sports and school activities for them.
I went to a party last night, and the consultant said something that has stayed with me all night—that the products sell themselves, that the PC is really the facilitator for the hostess to have a GOOD party so that she will sell alot of things. She (the PC) made the party a lot of fun, and I’ve definitely got that bubbly talk-to-everybody personality. I’m not the least bit afraid of getting in front of a group of people and doing a demonstration, so I think I would do well at this, plus I would have a blast getting together with new people. Sooooooo---how much behind-the-scene prep work does this endeavor REALLY take??

Thanks so very much!!

Hey Nella - before I get into all that, where abouts in Charlotte do you live? I'm in NewBern and I'm asking because I just recruited my niece. She is 27 and has 3 little boys and lives in the Huntersville/Stanley area. She is going to need a cluster group to get involved with out there that won't require her to have to drive too far!

I guess you'd have to define "prep-work" a little better for me to answer that! Are you signing on with the consultant from last night - hopefully she belongs to a cluster with alot of support and training for you. The hardest part prolly for me at the beginning was getting organized. Don't overwhelm yourself at first. Set up an easy filing system that works for you. Watch the training DVD - some of it can be kinda cheesy but it is good advice. Select a couple recipes only at first that you will do at nearly everyshow. The antipasto-veggie pizza in the new Seasons Best that you will get in your kit is an excellent super starter recipe. Practice it at home first on your family. You will only have the superstarter kit at first, but once you start adding products, don't over do it either by taking everysinglething to everyshow! Most of all - relax and have fun. These boards are great and if you want to email me anytime you can. I have alot of files I'd be glad to share.
Best of luck from the other end of the state! Cindy ;)

Hi Nella!
That's so exciting that you're considering giving PC a try! Good for you. And you've come to the right place to get some good input and feedback. Everyone gets into PC for their own reasons but it's such a flexible business that it fits in just about every lifestyle. I have some people on my team who work full time and some who don't. Some only do one show a month and others strive to do about 4 per month. You can make your business what you want, which is the beauty of it. Some end up working toward a goal of becoming a director, but others want to maintain a consistent show schedule and earn products for free and at a discount. THere's no pressue to work your way up at all, which is what I liked about it. I never got into this wanting to be a director, but that goal gradually came up for me as I started really enjoying the business and realizing how many positive changes came out of it for me.

Since you obviously love the products, you'll love the perks of being a consultant! You obviously have a discount that you can always purchase products at (and once a year we all get to earn the new products for free or get 50% off if we choose to purchase them and every year we have a month where we can purchase products for 40% off), but during the first three months you can earn about $1300 products for free! Your biggest problem will be figuring out where to put everything.

Just like my husband said when I contemplated this (and I came from a background of NOT being a bubbly, outgoing person...I hated talking in front of groups and I hated to cook), give it a try and just see if you like it and see if it works into your life the way you'd like it to! You'll never know unless you give it a shot.

My Director has four kids who have TONS of activities and she's had a successful business, earning pretty much every incentive trip every year. A fellow consultant also has four kids (four girls!) and makes her business work. When she has lots of other responsibilities, she chooses not to book as many shows, but when her time frees up a little, she increases the bookings. As for the prep time it takes, do you mean for each show? Or do you mean for the business as a whole? There is work that it takes because I think connecting with customers is important and that leads to further business. We all learn that the phone is our friend for many reasons. Whether it's following up with past show guests who expressed interest in hosting shows in the future or just checking in with customers to see if they are using their products, it takes some involvement than just your time at shows. We'd all love for bookings to fall into our laps, but we often need to do the follow up to make those happen sometimes! Not that it's hard work, but I never want to give someone the false impression that success falls out of the sky. :D

Wow, well this became a longer post than I intended, but I hope you give it some serious thought! If you have any other questions, feel free to post them here or email me if you want. :) Good luck!

1. How much does it cost to start Pampered Chef?

Starting a Pampered Chef business requires an initial investment of $109 for the starter kit, which includes over $450 worth of products, business supplies, and training materials.

2. Can I still work my full-time job while starting my Pampered Chef business?

Yes, many of our consultants have successful Pampered Chef businesses while still maintaining full-time jobs. Our flexible business model allows you to work around your schedule and commitments.

3. Do I need any prior cooking or sales experience to be successful with Pampered Chef?

No, you do not need any prior experience in cooking or sales to be successful with Pampered Chef. We provide comprehensive training and support to help you build your business and succeed.

4. How much can I expect to earn as a Pampered Chef consultant?

Your earnings as a Pampered Chef consultant will vary based on your sales and team building efforts. Our consultants can earn anywhere from a few hundred dollars to a full-time income. The more you put into your business, the more you can potentially earn.

5. What kind of support and resources does Pampered Chef provide for its consultants?

Pampered Chef offers a wide range of support and resources for its consultants, including ongoing training, personalized business coaching, a dedicated consultant website, marketing materials, and access to a community of supportive fellow consultants. We are committed to helping our consultants reach their goals and succeed in their businesses.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Cpfeifer
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
RiverSong
  • almondfarm