• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Thinking of Referring a Customer for a Pampered Chef Party? Good or Bad Idea?

In summary, the conversation revolves around a consultant who is expecting a baby and is considering limiting her party options to catalog shows only. She is discussing the possibility of referring a potential customer to another consultant if she is not able to do a cooking show. Other consultants offer suggestions such as offering a catalog show now and a cooking show later, or even offering the customer the opportunity to become a consultant. One consultant shares a successful experience of sending a "party in a box" for a catalog show.
vtolin
I have someone who's interested in a PC party this month but I've cut back to catalog shows only as I'm getting closer to my Due date and starting to be restricted on activites. I'm seeing if she's interested in a catalog show. If not I do know another consultant that lives in her town...not sure if she does the cooking shows or not still (it's been a while). I was considering offering her to contact this other person to help her get a party. Although it won't help me I was thinking it might be a nice customer service.

Your thoughts? Good/Bad??

Re: Advice??Maybe see if she would like to do a catalog show now and then a kitchen show with you in a month or so after you have your baby. That way she could book off herself and get a double host benefit. Plus if she books in March then she would also hit up the new catalog, an even better reason to get together!

Re: Advice??If she doesn't want to do a catalog show, then I think it's fantastic customer service for you to suggest another consultant. You're looking out for her needs and not only trying to maintain your business.

Re: Advice??I agree with Kristen, offer the Catalog Show now & the Cooking Show with you later, but make sure she knows WHY you are not currently doing Cooking Shows. If she's adamant that she wants a Cooking Show now, tell her that you are happy to refer her to the other consultant (or call corporate for someone in the area). Pleasing the customer is always my first priority too. I had someone who apparently didn't want to wait for me to recover from my c-section and ended up going with the referral of one of her other friends. It turned out to be a HORRIBLE decision! The host now has cookware & knives with lifetime warranties all ordered under a strangers name. Yup, the consultant put the entire show in with this Host's benefits under a stranger's name. Then came back 6 weeks later (when host was asking for her discount number) and put someone else's show in under this host's name. Corporate's computer notes are CRAZY on these two shows. We have no idea how many other shows were done incorrectly. It took months to try & get it all semi straight & it will forever be a headache to any of the hosts who go to report a warranty issue. Had I offered another consultant referral, all of that could have been alleviated. :( I didn't think she was THAT set on having a Cooking Show during my c-section recovery and she ended up regretting going through another consultant.

Re: Advice??re: Shelia's postWOW...

Re: Advice??Yikes Shelia!!!Thanks for the ideas ladies!!! We'll see what she wants to do!

Re: Advice??Another option yet is to offer her the opportunity of becoming a consultant and doing her own cooking show!! THEN you would have a new team member and she could help you out while your recovering from having your baby!!

YIKES SHIELA!!!!

Re: Advice??I had a great customer who moved to another state and she wanted to do a big fundraiser cooking show and obviously I couldn't do it so I offered her a "cooking show party in a box" and I sent her all the fixn's for a catalog show and some doorprizes and a fun PC game (nothing fancy, I just made up a simple party game) and told her she was "Consultant for a Day" (and sent her a tiara) and that would make a surprise call in during her show and give one of her guests a prize (that she had because it was in the box) if she had something crazy in her purse (aka Let's make a deal).

Worked great! And she signed up as a consultant:)

Party in a Box...fun!

Re: Advice??Okay.... so what did you put in your party in a box? That sounds like a really fun way to advertise a catalog party!

Re: Advice??
ChefKelebel said:
I had a great customer who moved to another state and she wanted to do a big fundraiser cooking show and obviously I couldn't do it so I offered her a "cooking show party in a box" and I sent her all the fixn's for a catalog show and some doorprizes and a fun PC game (nothing fancy, I just made up a simple party game) and told her she was "Consultant for a Day" (and sent her a tiara) and that would make a surprise call in during her show and give one of her guests a prize (that she had because it was in the box) if she had something crazy in her purse (aka Let's make a deal).

Worked great! And she signed up as a consultant:)

Party in a Box...fun!

Now THAT sounds like a BLAST!!

Re: Advice??I added my "two cents" on another thread with more details about this idea. I don't know how to link this to the other thread, but it's in the bookings section:) Hope it helps. I added my cover letter with the details.

Re: Advice??
ChefKelebel said:
I added my "two cents" on another thread with more details about this idea. I don't know how to link this to the other thread, but it's in the bookings section:) Hope it helps. I added my cover letter with the details.

Here is the link to her post in the other thread.
http://www.chefsuccess.com/f2/show-box-66492/#post782165

Re: Advice??:blushing:Thanks Bobbi

Re: Advice??You have a very clever idea with a show in a box!! AND I LOVE IT!!

1. Is it worth referring a customer for a Pampered Chef party?

Absolutely! Not only will you be helping your friend or family member discover high-quality kitchen products, but you will also earn host rewards for referring them. Plus, hosting a party is a fun and easy way to earn free products and discounts.

2. How does the referral process work?

To refer a customer for a party, simply provide their contact information to your Pampered Chef consultant. They will reach out to the customer and help them plan and host their party. You can also host a party yourself and invite your referred customer as a guest.

3. What are the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef party?

Hosting a party is a great way to earn free products, exclusive discounts, and special offers. You will also have the opportunity to try out new products and recipes, while having a fun and memorable experience with your friends and family.

4. Will my referred customer be pressured to buy products?

No, Pampered Chef parties are meant to be fun and relaxed gatherings where guests can learn about and try out our products. Your referred customer will not be pressured to make any purchases, but they may choose to do so if they find products they love.

5. Can I refer multiple customers for parties?

Yes, you can refer as many customers as you'd like for Pampered Chef parties. The more customers you refer, the more host rewards you can earn. Just make sure to provide each customer's contact information to your consultant so they can follow up and help them plan their parties.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • Kimberlymmj
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
  • SherryLynn