• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Thinking of Quitting Pampered Chef

In summary, Jess's day was good when she saw her first commission check, but when she found out insurance was taken out on the house she is working on, she emailed her director to ask what it was for. Her director told her that if something happens while Jess is there, PC will cover the cost of any damages. Jess has a full time job and is trying to balance that with attending training and going to shows with her director. She has asked this question before and doesn't know how to go about switching directors, but if she can't find a way to balance her job and her training, she might want to consider quitting.
PamperedJess
Hello Guys

I have had a good/bad day. I looked at my first commission check online today. When I saw insurance taken out I just emailed my director and asked what it was. She told me that if something happens to someones house while your there it covers things like that. I have a very full time job and I do PC because I love the products not for the money. She told me if I haven't read the guidelines book from PC then I need to do so. We have had problems since I started PC. She doesn't understand that I have a full time job that's my priority (which I've tried to explain to her) but she insist that I go to training or take off work early to go to a show with her. I've asked this question before but don't know how to go about doing it. I would like to switch Directors because I just can't deal with my current director because she makes me feel terrible. If anyone knows how to go about doing this please let me know.

Thanks Jess

To my knowledge, the only way a Director will change is if SHE quits, then you transfer to HER director. Or if you're inactive for over a year and start up again (and order a new kit) then you can work under a new director. I'm assuming she's your regular director, not a hospitality director. Is she located close to you? The only suggestion was if she's far and maybe there's a hospitality director in your area, you can hook up with her and maybe click better.

I definitely encourage you to stick with it!! You have this site and all kinds of supportive people to stand behind you. This is where you can get your support and guidance if she's not really hearing what you're saying about PC's priority in your life.

As for the $2 deduction for liability insurance coverage.....yeah, there are those little "fine print" things that were part of your consultant agreement that you may not have really noticed. But there are minor things like that. It might be a good idea to go back and read it (you can still access it online after a certain amount of time I believe) just so nothing like this sneaks up on you again and leads to more disappointment for you. I try to point all those little things out to prospective consultants, but I definitely don't remember every little thing.

The funny thing is I've known someone who's had to use this perk we have because she damaged some furniture in someone's home. It's much better to have PC foot the bill than to have us responsible for it! :) I'm all for having that coverage incase I burn someone's kitchen down so I don't get sued for hundreds of thousands of dollars or whatever. But that's just me. :)

Good luck to you! I hope you stick with it because it can be really rewarding to you despite the tension with your director.

Don't Give Up!!!If you are doing this for the love of the products and for the great people that you meet, don't let someone else bring you down!!!
I am right there with you in regards to a full time job. My office hours are crazy and I'm on call 24 hrs a day 7 days a week (I am in Maritime shipping, so our vessels are any where in the world at all hours...) and I work with all men who are workaholics, so I actually feel guilty leaving the office at 7:00pm even though I started work at 7:30 am...., luckily for me, I am able to do PC by utilizing my time management skills that I haven't had to use since I was in college!!
Although nothing takes the place of your director, try contacting your upline and see if you could attend their training, as your are unable to attend your Directors (this way times, dates maybe different and you can attend), if nothing else, this website, consultant's corner, the audio and videos you get from PC and other PC group websites (yahoo groups) are great sources of information and motivation. As it is YOUR business, run it the way YOU need to, that is why PC says it is flexible...work what you can into your schedule, if you can't attend your meetings, ask your director for her NOTES or her AGENDA so you know what went on.
I wouldn't want you quit because someones made you feel bad about the business...better yet, BUILD your OWN team and be a kick-a** director!!!!
Hope everything goes how you want it too..don't forget that YOU are the ONLY ONE who can make this business FIT YOUR schedule and make it WORK for YOUR NEEDS!!!
Cheers,
Angela

Jess,
We're all here for you! If things aren't going well with your director, and you don't feel comfortable calling or talking to her, feel free to ask us anything! We're here to help! You're in business for yourself, but definitely not by yourself!

Training is important...I learn so much from every bit of information I hear! But meetings aren't the only way to get training. Like it was mentioned, tele-talk classes, our training library of tapes, cd's and videos, and this site are all great ways to build your business!

You started this business for a reason--don't let other people push their goals on you. Make your own goals, and look here for help to reach them.

I wish you the best, and hope you stick with it!

I'm with AngelaI'm not terribly happy with some of the people I'm having to work with either and I just don't even know what to do with these people's attitudes. Some people are so uptight! So like Angela said I've just decided that I'm going to stick in there, try to recruit people I do like and then be as helpful and gracious a director as I can be. How is your business going otherwise? Are you happy with it?

I talked to my Director last night and asked her for a different directors email and name or some other consultants in the area that I could talk to. I told her that I think that we have a communication problem and that someone else might be better suited to help me out. She responded to me by saying that she didn't know of another director and didn't know of any consultants in the area. Is there a way I can find this info? :mad:

Hi sorry to hear about your problems with your director. I have find the info I think you need it is in the Kitchen consultant eligibility part of our handbook I am reading from something dated effective 3/02 so it may have changed by now so you may want to verify with home office. It states to transfer to another cluster the following guidelines apply if you wish to transfer from one cluster to another: You must terminate your Kitchen Consultant Agreement, or be on inactive status, from The Pampered Chef for one year...Any recruits you have will be reassigned to your recruiter...You must sign a new Kitchen Consultant Agreement and purchase a new kit. Please call home office and make sure these are still the requirements. I would suggest telling home office what she is doing and stay under her so it does not cost you anything. She is trying to help you but obiviously has really bad management skills to say the least. It is not required for you to attend any meetings and you do not even have to talk to her if you do not want to but I would try to see if you can work out something with her and let her know how you feel and that you are thinking about quitting because of her! She should back off then. Look on the positive side at least she is trying to give you support and not making you do everything on your on she just needs to understand that you are a hobbiest not looking to do this part-time or full-time and that is your choice not hers! Good luck and don't give up!
Oh ask home office who your upline is and if you can do a hospitality with another director. Good luck...Michelle

Thanks so much for the info Michelle I appreciate it.

Jess,
What area are you in? Maybe there is someone on here that lives near you. Check the consultant directory to find out, or post your location, and hopefully someone is nearby.

I would call the home office and find out who your upline director is (your director's director). I would give that director a call, and let him/her know what your situation is. That director can always find you the information you need also.

Best of luck...we're still here if you need us!

Hello

I'm close to Baltimore MD. I just started PC about 2 months ago and it's a slow start but it's what I can handle with my full time job. I really love the products and I'm not going to let one person stop me from doing what I love to do...you know.

PamperedJess said:
I talked to my Director last night and asked her for a different directors email and name or some other consultants in the area that I could talk to. I told her that I think that we have a communication problem and that someone else might be better suited to help me out. She responded to me by saying that she didn't know of another director and didn't know of any consultants in the area. Is there a way I can find this info? :mad:

I am sorry you are having a hard time. My director has a hard time with her director. Her way around it was to go to her UPLINE and talk to her about it. The result was to go to her UPLINE's meetings instead of her director's meetings.

Another way around this is to look for a hospitality director. The problem with this is your director would have to send your info to the hospitality director. She might not be willing to do that.

I suggest calling your upline director (her name is listed on your paystub) and ask for her guidance.

As a bonus, we are all here to answer your questions and concerns. Instead of calling your director for questions, post them here. We are all happy to help out.

Jess,
Go to the side bar on the left of this site, and plug in MD for your state under the Consultant Search (last name not needed). There are 4 registered consultants from Maryland. Maybe one of them can help! If you can't get a hold of your upline, you can always try one of them--just email them and find out where their meetings are if they are close to you!

Just an option...

chefbilyeu said:
Jess,
Go to the side bar on the left of this site, and plug in MD for your state under the Consultant Search (last name not needed).

I was just thinking it would be nice to be able to do a search for different levels of consultants...Consultant, Future Director, Director, Advanced Director, etc.

Pamperedjess;

Who is your recruiter?? Maybe you could just go through that person, instead of dealing with your director one-to-one.
I really hope you choose to continue. If you made the decision to join PC it was because it was something YOU wanted for yourself--it would be a serious shame if you felt you had to give it up because of someone else. If worst comes to worst, the truth is, you don't need this woman (your director). You are in business for yourself--she is NOT your boss!!
Good luck--I hope you do whatever makes you the happiest :)
D.C.

When I signed up I just went to the PC webpage to find someone. My director or maybe it's my recruiters name is Connie Pierce. She is very much into PC but I just can't be that committed because I have other priorities. I don't want anyone to think that I'm bad mouthing her but some people just don't "click" and we are two of those people.

I’m Giving Up

I don’t like where I am in my PC career.

I’m giving up watching television three nights a week. I am holding kitchens shows instead.

I’m giving up procrastination - it’s robbing me of my time. I know that what I have tomorrow, depends on what I do today!

I’m giving up making excuses. I am turning those excuses into reasons to succeed.

I’m giving up one Monday night a month. I am attending my cluster meeting and using the education and motivation I receive to build my business. (If my cluster meetings are too far, I will spend that time listening to training tapes or tele-class recordings)

I’m giving up listening to and hanging with negative people - they only bring me down. I am calling my positive sister consultants and my director--they lift me up!

I’m giving up blaming others for where I am or am not in my PC Career. I am taking responsibility for my activity (or inactivity). I am responsible for my own success.

I’m giving up keeping this career just for me. I am sharing the Pampered Chef opportunity with people everywhere!

I’m giving up reading the newspaper. I am reading motivational, informational and inspirational books instead.

I’m giving up my coffee time after dinner. I am using this time to book shows and make customer care calls.

I’m giving up on giving up! I know that quitters never win and winners never quit!

I AM A WINNER!!!!

(received from Missy at conference workshop & liked it)

Last edited:
I'm sorry if this is negative to some people but I just needed some questions answered and everyone seems so nice :(

You're not being negative at all. These are sincere concerns that you have about your business. Remember what I wrote you before, It is YOUR business, not your directors or anyone elses. Don't give up and do what YOU want to make your business however successful YOU want it to be. And pay close attention to the 6th paragraph in the poem (aside from your director ;) ). We are the positive people that can be here for you. We are here to help you at your time of need and at the "time" that's convenient for you when clusters are not. Post, email, or contact any of us. We're here to help!!

Thanks so much for the support guys....I do have a question though....The person who recruited me....does she get credit or any sort of incentive when I sell something?

PamperedJess said:
The person who recruited me....does she get credit or any sort of incentive when I sell something?

It depends if the person who recruited you is a Future Director or Director. You don't get overrides on your consultants sales until you promote to Future Director (1%) or Director (3%).

Hang In JessI haven't officially signed on as a KC, but I have been trying to get a lot of resources from this site (which I have and everyone has been soooooooooo wonderful!). I have read and followed your plight Jess and my heart goes out to you.

I would think PC would not want to loose a KC over something as this. It is not uncommon for their to be personality differences in companies between workers, so it is bound to happen here as well.

There has been great advice posted here to your thread. I suggest you seriously look at your options. You got into this business for a reason....we don't want to loose you!

Jess,

Try to hang in there. Follow the great advice you've gotten here and go with your heart. You can get training away from that director. She may be wonderful but if there's a personality issue between two people, or whatever, something should be resolved.

Did I read that you were a Home Office lead? I would think that HO would take that into consideration if you sent them a letter stating how you feel. I suggest that if you do that, you stay as positive as you can about the business and your desires. The policy states that you stay with the person you signed with unless you have been away for over a year. I personally don't know anyone who has gotten around that but it wouldn't hurt to nicely state your case. If they won't reassign you at least they should help you to find a different meeting. I wish you lived closer to me, you could come to mine. I love having the room filled and I'm as glad to have a hospitality consultant as my own recruit!

PS: I LOVE "rwesterpchef"'s I GIVE UP post! It's great advice!

Hi Jess,
I'm sorry to hear you are having problems with your director. I live in Maine and my upline director is great to our whole cluster. She has a sister in Baltimore area that is a consultant she may even be a director now! I would be happy to find out where she is and to see if you can join their group. E-mail me if you are interested in the info.
Candy McIntyre
Maine Consultant
[email protected]

im in MD tooI live in Southern MD and the person I am looking to work under seems to be great. Im still deciding if I wil sign up or not, Im really nervous if I do it I want it to be succesful.

Good luck, your director seems very difficult I would call HO and tell them what is going on, there must be some type of support you can get there...

thinkingpc said:
I live in Southern MD and the person I am looking to work under seems to be great. Im still deciding if I wil sign up or not, Im really nervous if I do it I want it to be succesful.

Good luck, your director seems very difficult I would call HO and tell them what is going on, there must be some type of support you can get there...

Can we help you with some of your reservations?

This really is a no fail business to start. You said that you wanted to be successful if you did it. If you sign up, compete your 4 shows, get the new roating pack and all of your investment plus more back in you commission check.... I would say that was a great success even if you decide not to continue!

After determining what your idea of success is and having a plan you will get there. It may take a couple of months to happen consistently but if you have your definition of success written down in a place where you are reminded on a regular basis then it is easier to achieve.

We would love to help you iron out some of the things that are holding you back.

thanksI dont really know what my big hesitation is I guess just being able to be sucessful, Im not a sales person. I have contacted several people and have 3 shows booked one that was from my party and 2 others which I think wil be smaller shows, then I have 2 catalog shows. I have some other maybes. I am of cours also nervous about my first show but I believe my recruiter/director will be doing it with me, is that normal? Im kinda thinking at this point I may as well try it give it my all and try for the 3 months and see how I do. I want to make money at it and earn the free incentives, if Im going to do it.

thanks ....

thinkingpc said:
I dont really know what my big hesitation is I guess just being able to be sucessful, Im not a sales person. I have contacted several people and have 3 shows booked one that was from my party and 2 others which I think wil be smaller shows, then I have 2 catalog shows. I have some other maybes. I am of cours also nervous about my first show but I believe my recruiter/director will be doing it with me, is that normal? Im kinda thinking at this point I may as well try it give it my all and try for the 3 months and see how I do. I want to make money at it and earn the free incentives, if Im going to do it.

thanks ....
Sure, there are directors/recruiters who are there at the first show (sometimes more) with new consultants. It all depends on what you want from him/her and how much guidance you're looking for. It sounds like you're already on the road to getting those first bunch of shows booked! Great job! I'm not a salesperson either and was NEVER interested in something like this because of my shyness and not wanting to step out of my comfort zone. But, I decided to bite the bullet and challenge myself to give it a try. Boy am I glad I did! Over two years later, I'm LOVING it and have discovered skills I didn't know I had. I contribute to the family income, get to have something for myself, get a couple nights out a week to interact with adults, and get the satisfaction watching my business grow! I never would have known the gains I've made from it if I didn't give it a try in the first place. I'd say go for it....you don't have anything to lose! :) Good luck in your decision!

I don't go to first shows of consultants because I think I would make them more nervous. I do invite them to observe mine if they can. I know that if my director had been there I would have been self-conscious. I didn't like role-playing at meetings either. Now that I have my own meetings we don't role play - we practice! ;)

Yeah I am kinda worried about that her being there Ill have to ask her what the plan is for the show and how it would be, bc I too think I would be more nervous and stressed with her watching me. Thanks for your responses and encouragement. I got another show yes tonight we are just firming up the date. So I have 4 shows confirmed and 2 catalog I guess I can go ahead and sign up this weekend. I am still thinking of hosting a mystery show to get things started as well in Sept or I may wait and see how things take off the first couple of parties.

I do work part time currently but I am thinking I may quit that at some point but its a job I would be fool less to walk away from I am an office adminstrator and I work part time about 15-20 hours a week, make good money and bring my daughter with me, there is time for me to prepare and do paperwork there for my PC shows. doing PC would give me more income, get out of the house and talking with adults and I do love the stuff. Im going to go for it. I am sure Ill have more questions.. Im going to start another post on getting started. thanks

Congratulations!! I know you will do great. You already have so much lined up! You will love that you gave it a shot.

If you would be more comfortable not having your recruiter there then feel free to let her know that. Use her and your Director as your main support and then always feel free to come to us. Be sure to remember though to not let Chef Success be a replacement for the relationship that you will build with your Director, just an additional place to go for support.

Let us know when you order your kit. There are also lots of ideas here on what to do while you are waiting for it. Check them out!

my recruiter and director are the same person and the person who did my party 2 weeks ago. I have sent her numerous emails and wanted to get some 3rd party advice and different views etc. I plan on working closely with her and having her help me grow with PC.

thinkingpc said:
my recruiter and director are the same person and the person who did my party 2 weeks ago. I have sent her numerous emails and wanted to get some 3rd party advice and different views etc. I plan on working closely with her and having her help me grow with PC.

Is she replying to your e-mails? Do you feel like you are getting enough support from her? :confused:

yes she replies and gives support just wanted some outside support and other peoples thoughts, ideas, etc.. She has been great. Just want to ask others as well for feedback..

I know how you feel JessJess, I know exactly how you feel. I had been having personality problems with my director and when I went to conference, I ran into her director and we had dinner with a couple of other people and she spent time with me one on one to see how I was doing and I let her know of my concerns and issues and that I didn't know how to get through to my director because nothing I did worked. She asked me how I would feel if she discussed my situation with my director and I told her to go ahead and feel free and since then things have been getting better. It also helped that at conference I ended up in a room where no one was in my cluster and I spent my time networking with them, not just my cluster like the rest of my cluster did and I think that my director got the picture when I just did my own thing. I hope you can find a way to work things out. You just might have to say to her "look, I am in this part time and not to make a career out of this. I am a self motivated person and when I need anything from you I will call you." Sometimes just being blunt about it works and then the person will get the picture. I too would call home office and let them know about your situation, your regional sales support person can be a great asset at a time like this because she should have all the info you need on other directors. I hope this helps you. ;)

Well...OK. This is it in a nut shell. WE DON'T WANT YOU TO LEAVE BECAUSE OF SOMEONE ELSE! All you need to do is remember 2 things:
1) You are your business, you had and have the confidence to do this
2) Believe in yourself and your own decisions.
You know what to do, you know how you want to do it, and you really don't need anyone's help or advice. Trust enough in yourself and you've got it made. But, when you DO need support, you know we are all here and listening.
We will be your director, your sounding board for ideas and especially your friend. Never under estimate the power of fellow consultants!
You do it the way you need to and don't let anyone stand in your way!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• luvmypomeranian
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
mom4angela
  • sailortena
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
GourmetGirl
  • MaggieChef13