• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Thinking of Doing a Mystery Host Show-Need Advice

In summary, to be eligible to win the $250 gift certificate, you must gather at least 250 points by selling products during the 12 days of the show.
babywings76
Gold Member
I've never done one of these before but I've read lots of threads over the past couple years about them and I've always wanted to try one. I'm thinking of trying to gather a few orders just to submit a show to be active this month. (I have 2 shows for Feb and 3 for March, but I hate to be inactive this month.) I don't need the host rewards and I figure this might be a little carrot that some of my contacts might want to go for and just may go ahead and order things.

I had in mind to promote the guest special and then say that anyone who places an order will be entered in to a drawing for the host rewards. But I can't decide how I would break things down in P3. Can I only do this with local contacts? If someone lives out of state, then how do I figure out the shipping situation.

I posted on here exactly how I do my MHS. I offer it to every one on my contact list except hosts who have done a recent show. I don't do out of state. Each participant is in essence doing a catalog show and I put them all together and do a drawing for the host benefits which for a $1000 show are 10 benefits for 10 participants. If it turns out to be less than 10 participants, I do another drawing till all host rewards are gone.

Attachments

• $1000 Mystery Host Show initial email Spring & Summer.doc
    25.5 KB · Views: 898
Hi Carolynn,I am confused. How are you offering 30% off as well? I am a brand new consultant and I have been reading on how to jump start my business. This won't work for me seeing as January is over, but I would love to add this to my database for upcoming events.

I like the idea of the $1000 mystery host show, but I'm thinking that since this is such short notice, I'm really only wanting to get one show submitted. If it's high enough to split into 2 shows, fantastic. But I just want to dangle a carrot so that I can get people to place orders. My question is mostly about the logistics of how to split the benefits in the least confusing way-and if it's possible to include people who live far away from me.

I do 3 gift bags. One with the 60% off item, one with the free product, and one with a free cooking show. I do a Sips and Dips show and play several games for people to earn tickets. Then they put their tickets in the bag of the item they want to win and I have a drawing. I get bookings because people win the free cooking show (I buy ingredients), someone wins the 60% off item, and then another wins the free product and I keep the 1/2 off item for myself. For my out of town (online guests) they get 1 ticket for every $40 they spend and they get to choose which bag they want to put their ticket in. I have all my outside orders submitted the day before the show to be included in the drawing. It has worked well for me, well I have done it 2xs and had decent shows with them, over $500.

janesgalley said:
Hi Carolynn,

I am confused. How are you offering 30% off as well? I am a brand new consultant and I have been reading on how to jump start my business. This won't work for me seeing as January is over, but I would love to add this to my database for upcoming events.

$800 - $1000 shows get 30% off anything after the other host benefits, so after their free and discounted products they get 30% off. Make sense? These shows work well once you have quite a few hosts/guests to offer it to. I usually have repeat participants, too. They like not having to clean their homes to have a party! :D

I am doing a 12 Days of Football for Feb double points:Now that football is almost over and the Steelers and Packers are going to the Super Bowl, I am going to hold a 12 Days of Football Mystery Show.Im looking for 10 people to gather at least $100 in orders. You can each pick the Team you would like to represent. Please send me your top 3 choices in case your first choice is already taken. I will create a group on Facebook so that we will be able to keep up with who is on top.We will go on a point system:Every dollar sold will count as 1 point each
each February booking will be 25 points
each March booking will be 15 points
each person you refer that joins my team will be 50 pointsWinners will receive:1st Place $100 in product & 10% off of all orders for 1 year
2nd Place $65 in product
3rd Place $50 in product
4th place 60% off 1 item from a list I will provide
5th Place 60% off 1 item from a list I will provide
6th Place 50% off any 1 item in the catalog
7th Place 50% off any 1 item in the catalog
8th Place 50% off any 1 item in the catalog
9th Place 50% off any 1 item in the catalog
10th Place 30% off any1 item in the catalogThe winning items are contingent on 10 people gathering at least $100 in orders. If anyone gets less then I will adjust it accordingly.This Christmas Club that I did the Past November was very successful and I hope this to be as well.Please email me your address and I will send you 2 catalogs and 10 order forms as well as the February Guest Special.I will also set each of you up online so that you can gather orders from people who are not local to you.I need to know by Monday the 31st who would like to participate and the 12 days will go from February 1st through Feb 12th.

Babywing, I would love to email you my Mystery Host Invitation! I just did a MHS this month and it went over great, I had 14 people! What I did was I gave tickets away for various things. And drew two names and made one a host and one a co-host. I did have to deliver the products myself because a lot of the people at my show did not know each other. As far as out-of-state people and outside orders, they got entered into their own drawing (they could not win the MHS unless then had come to the show). I raffled off Flexible Cutting Mats for them. My email is [email protected] if you would like a copy of the invite-it explains all!

I did 3 Mystery Host show in February and hosted a "Last Call ~ See What's New" Stop & Shop at my home and ended the month over $4K (New Orleans is calling. . .). I love all the ideas on this thread! I'll be making some adjustments to my Mystery Host shows and doing them more often. Everyone said they wanted to do it again!

Attachments

• Mystry Host Catalog Show.doc
    34.5 KB · Views: 466

1. How does a Mystery Host Show work?

A Mystery Host Show is a fun and unique way to host a Pampered Chef party. The host invites guests to shop from the Pampered Chef catalog or website and each purchase earns them a chance to win the host rewards. At the end of the show, one guest is randomly selected to receive all the host rewards earned from the party.

2. What are the benefits of hosting a Mystery Host Show?

Hosting a Mystery Host Show is a great way to earn free and discounted Pampered Chef products. As the host, you also get to enjoy the perks of being a host, such as the opportunity to try new products and earn host-exclusive rewards. Additionally, since the host rewards are randomly given to a guest, there is no pressure on the host to meet a certain sales goal.

3. How can I promote my Mystery Host Show?

We recommend promoting your Mystery Host Show through social media, text messages, and word of mouth. You can also create a Facebook event and invite your friends and family to join. Don't forget to mention the exciting opportunity to win all the host rewards!

4. Can I still earn host rewards if I am not selected as the Mystery Host?

Yes, as the host, you will still earn rewards based on the total sales from your party. The host rewards will be in addition to the rewards earned by the Mystery Host winner.

5. How will the Mystery Host winner receive their rewards?

The Mystery Host winner will receive their rewards through the host's party order. Once the winner is selected, their rewards will be added to the host's order and shipped directly to them. The host can then distribute the rewards to the winner in-person or arrange for them to be shipped directly to them.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Roadtripray
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • amgreen66
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • MaryannNic