• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Thinking About Starting Pampered Chef

In summary, Emma wants to know where she can find information about selling home parties. She has not found what she is looking for on the website and does not want to be pressured into doing so. She is interested in learning more information and wants to know where she can find it.
EmmaLeeM
Hi... I am very interested in selling at home parties. I have worked in Sales before but now that I am a stay at home mom I think this may work better for me. I have not been able to find the info I am looking for on the web-site and I DON'T want someone calling to pressure me into it. I just want some info. Where should I call to get this???

Thanks,
Emma

Hi,

Have you gone to the main website and looked under the 'Come Join Us' link? It has an area where you can request some info...if you have done that and it didn't help you, you can try posting your questions here...hope that helps!
-h

Welcome, and you have come to the right place, if you have a question it will be answered here. There are lots and lots of documents on how and why to start your PC business. They are all over the board or under files. I will see if I can find something that might help real quick. Any questions specifically you have just ask it doesn't usually take too long to get them answered.

You have questions......we have answers......Fire Away!!!!

We are all here to help you with whatever questions you might have. Look over the posts in this site and you will get many of your questions answered and if you can't find them then ask away! You can look in the consultant directory for a consultant near your home if you like or you can contact any one of us for more information privately via email or private message. Read the posts and choose someone that speaks to you! We do not have to live near you in order to be an effective coach! But we DO have to live in the same country (for you to join our team)! :p

You can also go to the PC website and ask for information. They will connect you with a director in your area who can answer your questions too. Tell her/him that you only want information at this point and they should respect that. If you don't like the way they handle things you do not have to join their team. You can keep looking.

I went into this business knowing that I could speak from the heart about PC and I am blessed every day in my business! You can be too!

Good luck to you!

Wow, Jennifer!! Those are just about as perfect list of links as anyone could ask for!!

Emma, check out those 4 links and if you still have questions. Shoot them out here and we will be happy to answer! We all have different PC stories, no matter what country we are in!! We don't answer your questions to tack on another member of our team. We do answer them because most of us care about your personal success!! As one of those flyers says, "you are in business for yourself not by yourself!" We love hearing the success stories as they happen!! We just want to encourage you to make the change in your life that we have made. We also know the added benefits to our own life and want to see you reach your goals!!

Absolutely, feel free to contact anyone whose writing on this site touches you! We are all very welcoming and helpful people!!!

Welcome to CS!I like you, had a million ??? before starting TPC! I got all my answers right here from this site! I was first contacted by a local director but built more rapport with someone here who answered all of my conerns and inquiries. Everyone is soo helpful and you will love it!

Fell free to post any questions or concerns you have. We are all here to help in any way! Good luck with your decision. If you choose the Pampered Chef I am sure you will love it! :)

Emma,
This is SUCH a great company and as you can see, we all love it. Sure there are ups and downs and nobody will lie to you about that. Depending on what "apron" you want (hobbyist, part time, catalog shows only, etc), you build your business how YOU want to! We're all in business FOR ourselves, but not BY ourselves. This site is a great example of this!!! Everyone is so willing to share ideas, feedback, personal experiences that it's so wonderful! A combination of contact with your director, other trainings and this site will give you what you need!!!

Let us know what you are curious about! :D

Questions...Can anyone tell me about the hostess program? What do they receive and so forth... And the obvious how do you book your shows. I am fairly new in my town and have talked to a few people, I think I could get 3 shows with no problem but if I wanted to do 6 in my first month how would I go about this? Is there a lead sharing program? can you have someone else do a show for you if you have a cancelation? can you get your $90 Starter kit free with so many sales in the first month? Who gets the leads from the internet of call center? Returns? Are they deducted from my commission? are they taken off of my total sales for the month?

Thanks- Now you can see why I drive my huband NUTS!

Emma

Those are all great questions. I will do my best to answer them and everyone else can chime in and help.

Hostess program: Your hostess will receive FREE merchandise based on her product sales. A cooking show hostess will receive 15-215 in free merchandise and a catalog show hostess will receive 0-200 in free merchandise. Hostesses also receive up to 4 half price items and a discount of 15-30% on anything else she wants. There is also a host special she can purchase at 60% off. After her show she will receive a 10% discount on all orders for 1 year. If her friend books from her show, she may purchase the host special at the show of her friend.

Leads sharing: I have received leads from my up-line. Any leads coming through emails/calls to the Home Office will be given to directors.

Returns: Returns are taken care of by home office. Returns are not deducted from your commission nor are they deducted from the host's incentives.

Kit: You can receive a kit credit if you hold a show and use part of your free product value to purchase your kit. I don't know all the detail on that. Maybe someone else will help us in that area.

This is a great site to get tons of information and help. Feel free to ask away. Are you working with a consultant? If not let me know. I would love to have you on my team.

Shawnna Nixon
[email protected]

EmmaLeeM said:
Can anyone tell me about the hostess program? What do they receive and so forth... And the obvious how do you book your shows. I am fairly new in my town and have talked to a few people, I think I could get 3 shows with no problem but if I wanted to do 6 in my first month how would I go about this? Is there a lead sharing program? can you have someone else do a show for you if you have a cancelation? can you get your $90 Starter kit free with so many sales in the first month? Who gets the leads from the internet of call center? Returns? Are they deducted from my commission? are they taken off of my total sales for the month?

Thanks- Now you can see why I drive my huband NUTS!

Emma

Emma:

1. Our host program is second to none! On average (based on a $500 show), hosts earn about $90 in FREE product that they get to choose. This, of course, can potentially go up, if they have a really successful show! Hosts also can earn up to 4 half-price items (again, they choose!!) and a up to a 30% discount on any purchases made once they've used up all of their free and half-price items. On top of that, there is a monthly Host Benefit Item, which is like getting an extra 1/2 price item (only better!) and they are entitled to take that Benefit on any show booked from theirs for the next 6 months! And finally, we offer a PHD (our hosts are very smart ;) ), which entitles them to a 10% discount on ALL of their PC purchases for the next year!!

2. As for getting bookings, it sounds like for a new person in town, you're on your way. Keep talking to everyone you know and ask for referrals!! I moved to a new state and moved my business with me 3 years ago and I found that setting up a table at fairs and festivals helped bring in leads. If you have school age children, invite the moms of their classmates to a show you host at your home. It's a great way to get to know more people in your area and to let them know that you are a PC consultant. Book shows also count, so if you have family and friends who live away from you, ask them to host book shows for you! Home Office leads are passed on to Directors and above only, so it's a great incentive to promote as quickly as possible! :D

3. If you are unable to do a show, and you can't reschedule with your host, another consultant in your area could be found to fill in for you, but in most cases, the sales and leads resulting from that show go to the consultant who actually presents the show.

4. As long as a whole order is not returned to Home Office, returns are not deducted from your commission. PC will pick up any returns within 30 days of a show shipment at their expense, so it's important to tell your hosts to distribute their orders quickly so that any problems can be resolved right away.

5. You could host a show with another consultant to get a credit on your Starter Kit (either a $20 or $40 discount). The consultant would receive the commissions on the show and would normally pass on all the bookings to you to get you going. You sound like you are ready to hit the ground running, so I would advise you to order your kit and let your commissions pay for it, and I would imagin that would happen by the time you've completed your first or second show!

Let us know how else we can help!

Mary

On the starter kit, you can get it for $90, $70 or $50 depending on whether or not you choose to have a show and use your free merchandise credit for the kit. The kit includes about $350 worth of tools. Don't worry about it if you already have lots of the stuff. I have found that I enjoy not having to pack up my entire kitchen to go to a show.

If you have 3 shows, ask your hosts to invite people that you don't already know. And ask each guest to bring a friend. This will get you into a wide variety of groups of people. If the bookings start to dry up over time, come here and ask for suggestions! I have seen the Book to Look idea, several Theme show ideas, all of these are great suggestions!!

I think your question about returns is about a full refund return, as opposed to exchanges or damage returns. I have never had this happen to me as the products are truly amazing, but I assume they will recoup those monies from your commision and total sales for the month. Otherwise, every consultant would have thousands at every show just to get the incentives only to return the products!!

As other questions come up feel free to post away!!

1. How do I become a Pampered Chef consultant?

To become a Pampered Chef consultant, simply visit our website and click on the "Join" button. From there, you can select a starter kit and complete the enrollment process. You will then have access to all of our resources and training materials to help you get started.

2. How much does it cost to start a Pampered Chef business?

The cost to start a Pampered Chef business varies depending on the starter kit you choose. Our starter kits range from $99 to $259, and they all come with a variety of products and business supplies to help you get started.

3. Do I need to have any cooking experience to be a Pampered Chef consultant?

No, you do not need to have any cooking experience to become a Pampered Chef consultant. Our training materials and resources will provide you with all the knowledge and skills you need to succeed in your business.

4. How do I earn money as a Pampered Chef consultant?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you can earn money through direct sales, online sales, and hosting cooking parties. You will earn a commission on all products sold and have the opportunity to earn bonuses and incentives based on your sales and team performance.

5. Is there a minimum sales requirement to stay active as a Pampered Chef consultant?

There is no minimum sales requirement to stay active as a Pampered Chef consultant. However, to remain an active consultant and continue to receive benefits and support, we recommend having at least $150 in sales every three months.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• almondfarm
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Stacys
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
pamperedbecky
  • PCWOOL