• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Navigating A New Life & Pampered Chef: Starting a Business 500 Miles From Home

In summary, the conversation discusses the topic of starting a Pampered Chef (PC) business in a new location while also adjusting to a new life. The speaker shares their own experience of starting PC while moving to a foreign country and the challenges they faced. They also suggest reaching out to the current PC representative in the area for support and networking opportunities. Other speakers also share their experiences of starting PC in a new location and offer advice on how to build a customer base and find potential hosts. The conversation ends with a discussion about the perceived saturation of the market and the potential for success in a new area.
SallyChef
This summer my family and I are relocating, and since I really want to work from home, at least until my kids are older, I'm thinking about PC.
I like to cook, love to bake, and the kitchen is my favorite room in the house. I love entertaining, having dinner parties, and throwing events, so I think this could be right up my alley. I went to one party, as an older teen, and remember enjoying it even then.

So here are a few ?'s I have.

I will be starting out in an area 500 miles from where I am now, where I know nobody at all. Has anyone dealt with this - starting your business while starting a new life?
I don't think the area is saturated, but I found one other PC rep in my (relatively small in population) town. Is it going to be considered encroaching if all of a sudden I show up as a PC rep, too? Should I introduce myself to the woman (I have her email address). I know I'm as entitled as anyone to do this, but I'd like to follow the proper etiquette if there is any.

Thanks and I look forward to chatting with you all! :)

Moved to another country!!Sally,

It seems a little frightening to start a new business while starting a new life, but lots of us have done it! I had a full time day job while living in Colorado and doing PC on the side. My husband got orders to Germany(he is military) right after our wedding. So I quit my day job, packed up everything I owned, and we were off to a foreign country!! I have done just fine adjusting to the culture as well as adjusting to full time PC while becoming a housewife!!

The other rep in the area might be a good source of support for you. You may need your current upline to set you up with a hospitality director in your new area so that you can attend cluster meetings. I have never spoken to my director, or been to a cluster meeting. This site gives me all the motivation and support I need! You will find lots of great ideas for starting your business in a new area here. You can also get a website to serve your friends and family back home. Even from 500 miles away!! I do it from more than 5000 miles!!!

Glad to meet you, welcome to the board, and we look forward to chatting with you again soon!!

There are a lot of us that started PC while just starting out in a new city/state! I found it a little rocky at first, but it forced me to step outside of my comfort zone and meet people! I always thought that I was timid, but when I stepped out it easier than I thought it would be! I became actively involved in my childrens PTO at school and that opened the door to a lot of potential hosts/fundraisers! I also found that local churches have bizarres that you can get involved with easily! Even going to the post office to set up my mail, I have found leads!

One of the beauties of PC is that everyone eats! So our products benefit everyone!! If you would like to talk more about this...this loop is awesome, but you can also email me at [email protected]

Hope this helps!
Nancy

I also moved my business not knowing anybody. It is not easy but what I did was I asked a girl in my church to host a party and then I got a few more leads off of that show but what really helped was finding a fair in my area, it sounds like you are a very outgoing person so you probably wont have any problems at all, I know my town is small I have no clue how many people are here but when I first moved here I heard there werent many PC consultants now I believe that there are probably 4-5 but I have never met them so I dont think you will be encrouching on her space, but it might be nice for you to meet a fellow PC consultant in your new area. HTH

My director has relocated her business at least 4 times! She builds a new business every time and now has hosts and downline all over the country!

Don't worry about "saturating an area". A formula I heard was: take the # of people in the town (say 10,000). Divide that by 2 - # of adults in households (5,000). Then divide that by 2 - # who will DO a show (2,500). How many shows can YOU do in a year? So how many consultants can your town handle? And remember that your shows are NOT all IN the town and neither are theirs! There is plenty of room for all of us to succeed!!

Good luck in your business!!

1. What is the process for starting a Pampered Chef business 500 miles from home?

The first step is to reach out to a local Pampered Chef consultant in your area and express your interest in starting a business. They will guide you through the process of signing up and becoming a consultant. You can then attend training sessions and workshops to learn about the products and how to run your business successfully.

2. Do I need to have any prior experience or knowledge in cooking or sales to become a Pampered Chef consultant?

No, you do not need any prior experience or knowledge in cooking or sales to become a Pampered Chef consultant. Our training programs and workshops will provide you with all the necessary skills and knowledge to run a successful business.

3. How can I manage my Pampered Chef business while living 500 miles from home?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of online tools and resources to help our consultants manage their businesses remotely. You can host virtual parties, communicate with customers through social media, and even attend training sessions and workshops online.

4. What kind of support and resources does Pampered Chef provide for new consultants?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you will have access to a supportive community of fellow consultants and leaders who are always willing to provide guidance and support. We also offer training programs, workshops, and online resources to help you succeed in your business.

5. Can I still earn income from my Pampered Chef business while living 500 miles from home?

Yes, you can earn income from your Pampered Chef business no matter where you live. With virtual parties and online sales, you can reach customers from all over the country and continue to grow your business and earn income while living 500 miles from home.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ShelbyMichalek
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pamperedpartridge
  • Bexamo
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
chefann
  • AlowayFamily