• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is it time to switch direct sales companies?

In summary, the author is at a crossroads. Their business has always been up and down, but is mostly due to their lack of effort at times. They are OK with that, but hate having to bug their family and friends about having parties and events. They are also at a crossroads with their son. They have been told by their director that they can no longer bring their son to the monthly meetings. However, the author is still allowed to bring their son to the Wildtree rep's monthly meetings which are more family-friendly. The author is frustrated because they are not allowed to do more than one business at a time and their directors have high school and college-aged kids and have forgotten what this can be like.
lt1jane
Gold Member
I'm at a crossroads. My business has always been up and down. I know most of that is due to my (lack) of effort at times. I am OK with that. I hate to bug family and friends about having parties and such.

This fall has been hard. I usually do vendor events to keep my business afloat. The ones this fall have been a bust. It's hard for me to remain active every other month and maintain career sales.

Another issue is I have not been attending my monthly meetings. I have the time available. The issue is my son. He is 6 and while he is semi-independent he still needs supervision. I had been bringing him to the meetings, setting him up with a laptop, DVD player, and headphones and he is generally content in the corner and will usually not interrupt. I have been told by my director I can no longer do this. I feel he is too young to be left to his own devices to sit in the library not in the meeting room. My husband works 3rd shift and is sleeping in the evening before he goes to work. He cannot be trusted to come home from work in the morning and go to bed so he can stay awake while I am at a meeting in the evening.

This has me furious. (It's been over three months since I was told to leave him at home and I have attended a meeting) It's hard to recruit for a "family friendly" business when we are told to leave our kids at home. This is not a "family friendly" attitude in my opinion. I have no problems hiring a babysitter for a party. I am earning money during that time. I don't earn a lot from this and refuse to hire a sitter for an event when I have no income potential. It's frustrating because my directors have high-school and college age kids and were once in my shoes. They have forgotten what this can be like. Not everyone has reliable childcare in their spouses. They don't want me to bring my child because other moms in the group will want to bring thier kids too.

I was at yet another rotten vendor event yesterday and was talking to the Wildtree rep. I love their products. Personally, I HATE our pantry line. The sauces are ridiciously expensive and the rubs have a lot of salt and preservatives. I love being able to read their labels and understand what every ingredient is. Also, I feel that TS and WT do a better job in the pantry line because that is all they do. Their prices reflect that philosophy. In a perfect world, PC would buy out Wildtree and get rid of their pantry line.

Because our pantry line is ever-growing, I feel it would be a conflict of interest to sell both. Also, I feel it's silly to do more than one business at a time. You split your time and both businesses suffer. You need to concentrate on one to be the most successful.

I was talking to the Wildtree rep about my issues with meetings. Kids are WELCOME at her monthly meetings. They just set up a second room and have someone watch them. (What a concept!) Even the PTA at my son's school encourages kids playing in the corner. It gets more parents involved and to the meetings.

I understand that some meetings are not good ones to bring kids to. (Ususally every January when they announce the trip, we combine with several other clusters and the meeting is huge, I leave my son at home for these.) Do all clusters ban kids? Am I being unreasonable? Wildtree is very tempting right now. I love their products as much as I love our kitchen products.

All the Director's I know ban children at the meetings. It's work and the concept is that we don't take our children with us to work. It can be too much of a distraction to have them there. Heck I prefer to have child-free shows for that same reason. Everyone can concentrate easier without distractions. I know some clusters have a "6 months or younger" exception for the breastfeeding mothers. But yes, no kids is a pretty common rule for business meetings. I saw someone bringing kids to Spring Launch & wondered if PC would actually let the kids in the room. I didn't see them later, so I'm guessing she was turned away or had someone meeting her there to pick them up. As you know, I've been playing the single Mommy role for 20 months now. 8 more to go & I'm soooo ready for hubby to be back in the same country where he can help again.Just a suggestion, sit your hubby down & have a talk. He's a parent, not a babysitter. He's 50% responsible for the childcare too. He's not doing you a favor, he's doing his job as a parent. I spent years doing night shift & 18 months of that time was with 3 nephews in the house. When one of them got sick, I stayed up all day & took care of them while they were home from school/daycare. Then I'd sleep at nap time & again when relief walked in the door after 5PM. It's not easy sleeping when the rest of the world is awake, but it's doable. He just needs to realize his responsibility as a parent and adjust his schedule accordingly to help you with the parental duties. You don't expect him to take your son to work with him. He needs to have the same respect for you and when you need to go to work. My Hubby's good about being the Daddy when I'm at shows or meetings and about helping with the cooking/cleaning when he's home. But I did have to have a sit down pow wow with him over the times when I'm home but need to be in the office making calls and such. He wasn't keeping the kids from coming into the office. Once I explained to him that this is my "office time" and that he gets to leave the house for his "office time" without having to take the kids with him & have them as a distraction, he got it. That's my 2 cents, for what it's worth. ;)

I am not sure about the kids at meetings I have been doing this for 7 yrs and have been to 3 meetings. I am also at a stand still I just moved and trying to decide if I want to keep this up. My DH really wants me to so we can save for my surgery next yr but a I am just not feeling it right now. I do have a show at the end of the month so we shall seee how that goes. But I think if your son isnt running arou d being loud and obnoxios I dont see anything wrong with taking him but that is my opinion.

As a director, and a mom of older kids (teens and young adults), I will say I agree with your director. Although your son may be well behaved and independent enough to entertain himself this will definitely NOT be the case for all kids. And, I agree that if you let one mom bring her kids, you have to let them all. Personally, my house is not set up for kids. We have no toys, nice furniture, expensive electronics, etc. Even our basement is for teens and up. The two hours once a month you invest in your business to train, learn, encourage, and be recognized is invaluable. It is not fair to the other moms who do arrange for child care on meeting night to have you there with your son. And it is a distraction, whether you think it is or not. And, PC IS family friendly even when kids aren't allowed at team meetings. They are not required, just encouraged. You have every form/type of training available to you at your fingertips via consultant's corner training center. You have your director available to you to answer questions or help you any time you need it. And, you have the home office available to do the same. Have you considered asking your director if she can include you in her meetings via skipe or some other technical way? Have you considered calling the people that do go to the meetings and asking them what 1 thing did they take away from the meeting that they found helpful, encouraging, informative, etc.? Then you could connect with your director and ask her if she can expand on this area or that idea - something you would have liked to hear more about.

Regardless of whether you can attend meetings, you business's success or failure is based on the time, effort, and commitment you put into it. Making customer care calls, reaching out in new ways to generate new business, host coaching for maximum success, promoting yourself & your business, etc. So whether you stay or take on another d.s. company, the formula will be the same: you will get out of it what you put into it.

Had to come back & say that there was also a time that Hubby expected me to be the one to find childcare for our dates. I set him straight on that one too. LOL

I would ask clustermates with kids if you can share childcare costs if that is your only option. I am childless and really don't care for kids at meetings unless they are babies. Even then, they tend to be a major distraction. Just be glad you have meetings. My director (AD) quit having meetings a couple of years ago because of low attendance. Now most go to our ED meetings since they are not too far for them. For me, my regular meeting was 2 hours away and the ED meeting is 6 hours away.

lt1jane said:
.... I have been told by my director I can no longer do this....
....This has me furious. (It's been over three months since I was told to leave him at home and I have attended a meeting)

Have you talked to her about this and told her you're furious? Do you know why the policy was changed?

If it was someone else complaining about your son, she might not be able to give you a good reason, though, since I would expect her to keep the complainer's identity private.

When I did go to cluster meetings, my director had kids that age herself, so the meetings were family friendly in that way. Nobody else brought their kids but hers were well-behaved & didn't interrupt. I suppose if I'd wanted to bring my son, I could have.

Not sure that would be a good idea if they were toddlers, though. They have the attentions span of a ....toddler. :rolleyes:
Maybe someone else in your group wanted to bring a toddler and said "But Jane gets to bring her son!"

While online training is there, it lacks the element of face-to-face excitement that happens when a group of consultants get together. That can really fire up your business!

Anyway...if it's time for a change, it's time for a change. Agree with you on the pantry stuff. I do like some of it, but if I wasn't a consultant, I would not be buying it. And it's about time they started putting dates on the jars, although I think they are only on the sauces, right?

I can't entirely way in kids situation as I have none, don't want them and would find them distracting. I think it's more of a frustration because it was something you had done and suddenly asked to stop and see that frustration. I stopped going regularly to our meetings because they were changing and lack of attendance, they just weren't giving me the motivation I depended on to keep my business active.

As far as leaving PC behind that's a decision you have to make on your own. I've just recently joined The Traveling Vineyard because I was not feeling PC myself. But this is a decision I did not take lightly and really considered it all. I've thought about joining this company for about a year before finally making the decision to do so.

I talked to my director in past and then as I was realizing getting out of my slump just wasn't something I was motivated to do with PC. I talked to my TTV consultant before making up my mind too. We met and I asked all my questions did my research and make my decision that way. I intend to focus on TTV, but realize I have 6 months to truly leave PC as was pointed out here! :). So if it doesn't work out I always have the option to come back. And since I've submitted this month, I also have the option of trying to at least submit $150 worth of orders every other month to not lose my career sales.

So my suggestion is to consider all your options. Maybe schedule a meeting the the rep of company you are considering to really understand what's expected and if it is something you want to do. Good luck in your decision.

I agree with what has been said so I won't repeat all that but I do want to point out that the meeting IS income producing. The training you get is what inspires you to do your business better. You don't get a paycheck that night but you do get higher paychecks because of it. ...If you apply what you learn of course.**you is meant as universal you not as a personal statement

Obviously you have to do what is right for you...that said, and I don't know what your director's reason was for saying "no children allowed". Being a director, I have told my team members to bring their children, usually no one takes me up on it, they simply do not come. I do know that those that don't come almost NEVER do as well as those that do come to my meetings. Also, we have one husband (yes, husband) that loves children and actually enjoys babysitting. Is there any way you could talk to your director and see if maybe one person could come and perhaps do childcare for yourself and maybe even others on your team? The husband that comes to our meetings is disappointed when no children come. In the summer, he and my hubby take the kids outside and they all have a good time. I hate to say it, but if it means larger attendance, then the kiddos are welcome. We just work it out beforehand...Skype could be another alternative for you. I do know other directors that use it frequently at their meetings and I myself have a team member that has health problems and cannot drive to ours. We do things with skype and on the phone a lot.Think about why you signed as a consultant and if you still love it, the company, your customers, etc. Do you still have a passion for it??? I think this will tell you your answer.

Could you Skype into her meetings from home?

My director has never allowed kids at meetings either, unless they were nursing infants. In the 8 years I've been going to meetings, I think that has only happened once or twice. We currently have our meetings in her home and even her children aren't allowed to be in the same area as the meeting. Their dad either takes them somewhere or they are in their rooms doing things while the meeting is going on.

I have small children (5 & 3) and I would not want to bring them to a meeting as they would be a distraction.

My director was really understanding. I started the business with an 18 mo old. During the summer months her meetings conflicted with my husband's schedule and she let me bring my daughter. Her teenage daughter would watch her and I'd pay her $5-$10 depending on if my husband was able to come and get her before the meeting was over or if she was there the whole time. The daughter tried to give me the money back but I felt like it was worth it.Then when the baby was born I bought her for the first 5 months because of bf-ing and my husband's schedule. I left the older girl with a friend or my husband. Now we are having our holiday party which was decided to be consultants only and my daughter has an event that my husband is taking her to. I told my director I couldn't come because the baby wasn't welcome at the other event so I'd be home with her. She told me to bring her. Love my director. She started her business when her daughter was young so she knows how it can be. That said I don't typically pay a sitter for shows. I either trade favors with a friend or make sure my husband is free. Heck I even brought the baby with me to a show. She was only 4 weeks old and I didn't want to do a cooking show but the host really wanted the specials for that month so we agreed that I could bring a helper and the baby. Show went great and the person who booked off of her show wanted me to bring the baby to her show (I didn't and I think she was disappointed). :)So no idea about the other stuff but some people do allow kids. I would look into trading favors or like others said get your husband on board so he could watch your son.

hi I have 3 kids under the age of 6. and my youngest is 15months old. i sold pc before this when i had one and had the 2nd kid than too but when we got pregnent with the 3rd kid i had to take a brake from it and i can say i really did miss pc. so i came back into it again and i leave my kids with a sitter when i have shows and being me and my hubby made a plan we r on the same page. i say talk it with your hubby andmake a plan and remember that its your night out and his time with the kids and its just once a month or very other what ever works.

Jane, sorry you're thinking about leaving PC. I know it can be tough to keep up the enthusiasm when things are slow. I sell PC as just an extra 'fun' thing to do and make some $ while I'm doing it (I work during the day). However, things were REALLY slow for me early summer & I lost all my career sales (not that they were all that high). But that turned out OK for me because it took any 'pressure' off me to push PC, especially when I don't really have the time to do that. I thought about leaving then, but decided to keep it going as it fits my schedule; since there's no career sales to worry about, it's really for fun & extra $ to set aside for college books, driver's ed, dance...etc,etc,etc. But, wouldn't you know it - my fall has been really good, so my career sales would have been nice to have! Oh, well...
As to the meeting situation, I love going to our meetings. We have a nice group (not large, maybe 6-8 at the most) and I always feel enthused after it. My kids are teens & college, but there is someone who brings her daughter occasionally and our director is OK with that. She'd rather have her consultant attend and be part of our meetings for the long term effect of staying active and therefore increased shows/sales. Other members have small children also, but they don't bring them. Is there any chance a teen/tween in your area could come with you as a mother's helper (less $ to be paid than for a sitter)? My daughter does this for a neighbor's book club meeting and it works out well. You mentioned the director having a library and they could be there while you're in the meeting room. If other members wanted to bring a child, they could pay your helper also. Your director may be OK with something like that.
Good luck with your decision. And, THANK YOU for your brochures and flyers - I love the gift ones you've put together and always use them. They've been a big help.

Hi Jane,

I really hope you reconsider leaving PC. I always enjoy your comments and have learned from you even though we have never even met!

I often miss my meetings because my husband is a police officer and his shift changes weekly. If he is on nights on a particular meeting night, I stay home with kids. They are probably old enough to be home by themselves but I have a hard time with leaving them. My job as mom comes first so I understand.

We only have meetings once a month. Do you have someone who could hang out and play with your son during that time? I would hate to see you leave - I have now been doing this for about a year and a half and the last few months have been really slow for me too. I finally decided it was make it or break it time. Put your chin up and stick with it - I would miss you! :)

Aw, Jane, I'm sorry you're feeling this way. Sometimes slumps happen, both with the business and our feelings towards it. I was contemplating letting my business just die out and not really pursue things, but then business picked up on it's own and I'm keeping pretty steady now. I think things just wear on us sometimes and we need to just take a breath and relax.First off, I'd let your director know how you are feeling. Perhaps she will allow you to bring your son (since he behaves so well) if she realizes that you really need the meetings in person to help you bring back your excitement. If you really feel the meetings are what you need to get your fire back, try to talk to your husband. Could your husband alter his sleep schedule for the one night a month? Could he sleep earlier and then be able to wake up and be up for those couple hours before needing to go to work? One thought I had, but this might sound bad of me, but if your son is well behaved and is good about minding the rules of the house...I'd be tempted to leave him home w/ your husband, even if he's sleeping. He'd be there in case there was an emergency. If he'd be content watching a movie and have things he could do independently, and was fed before your left and you set out a snack or whatever for him for later if he wanted it, it could be a possible option. Have your husband sleep near him, or leave his door open so he could be alerted if there was a problem. But...some people will probably disagree with me. I think it just depends on the child and how responsible they are and like I said, there is an adult in the house in case there were to be an emergency.On a side note...not everyone likes pantry products, whether it's PC, TS, or WT. I've tried several WT things and wasn't really that pleased with them. But that's just me. I like that PC offers a great product line and that the pantry items are just one of the collections we carry. I'm glad it's not all we sell.I'll be sad if you leave PC. You are always so helpful and have great ideas!

babywings76 said:
Could your husband alter his sleep schedule for the one night a month? Could he sleep earlier and then be able to wake up and be up for those couple hours before needing to go to work? One thought I had, but this might sound bad of me, but if your son is well behaved and is good about minding the rules of the house...I'd be tempted to leave him home w/ your husband, even if he's sleeping. He'd be there in case there was an emergency. If he'd be content watching a movie and have things he could do independently, and was fed before your left and you set out a snack or whatever for him for later if he wanted it, it could be a possible option. Have your husband sleep near him, or leave his door open so he could be alerted if there was a problem. But...some people will probably disagree with me. I think it just depends on the child and how responsible they are and like I said, there is an adult in the house in case there were to be an emergency.

Thanks Amanda for the encouragement.

Two days a week I have to work later than the after care program is open at school. I must depend on my husband to get up, pick up Matt, and bring him home. I get home about 2 hours later. He does sleep on the sofa while Matt watches TV or plays on the computer. There is more to this than I want to elaborate online. Bottom line, I cannot trust my husband to stay awake or sober when needed. It's my son's safety I worry about and is the most important to me. He doesn't understand emergencies and I don't know that he would wake Dad in a real emergency because he's gotten yelled at too many times when Dad decided he didn't need to be woken upl

We've had many discussions about getting woken up from a nap when I am at home. My response is the same. We have a two story house with the bedrooms on the 2nd floor. If you want a nap and don't want to be disturbed, use the SLEEPING area of the house not the LIVING area when others are normally awake. Telephones are kept on the 1st floor for the same reason. He doesn't get it. There are times I think he thinks the world revolves around him. Yes, my 40 year-old husband acts more like a child than my 6 year-old son does.

I feel if I let PC go, I'm quitting, and I don't like to quit. The WT products I love and use are not ones that we carry. I jumped into PC on a whim and have enjoyed it. I just need to take some time to decide what is best for me and my family.

Perhaps you could swap babysitting with a friend. She babysits your son while you're at your meetings and you babysit for her when she needs a few hours.

lt1jane said:
Thanks Amanda for the encouragement.

Two days a week I have to work later than the after care program is open at school. I must depend on my husband to get up, pick up Matt, and bring him home. I get home about 2 hours later. He does sleep on the sofa while Matt watches TV or plays on the computer. There is more to this than I want to elaborate online. Bottom line, I cannot trust my husband to stay awake or sober when needed. It's my son's safety I worry about and is the most important to me. He doesn't understand emergencies and I don't know that he would wake Dad in a real emergency because he's gotten yelled at too many times when Dad decided he didn't need to be woken upl

We've had many discussions about getting woken up from a nap when I am at home. My response is the same. We have a two story house with the bedrooms on the 2nd floor. If you want a nap and don't want to be disturbed, use the SLEEPING area of the house not the LIVING area when others are normally awake. Telephones are kept on the 1st floor for the same reason. He doesn't get it. There are times I think he thinks the world revolves around him. Yes, my 40 year-old husband acts more like a child than my 6 year-old son does.

I feel if I let PC go, I'm quitting, and I don't like to quit. The WT products I love and use are not ones that we carry. I jumped into PC on a whim and have enjoyed it. I just need to take some time to decide what is best for me and my family.

Oh, okay. I understand what you mean. That would be really difficult and definitely not a good idea then. Well, I guess I'd talk to my director and see if Skype could work or see about trading babysitting with a friend. Is there anyone else in the group with kids? Maybe you could take turns attending every other month and babysitting?

And remember, as I mentioned to another gal in the same "should-I-shouldn't-I" situation, you have 6 months of inactive-status before you are no longer a consultant officially. Just let it go for awhile and see what happens, what you miss, try out the other business, whatever you are thinking. Worse case scenario- you pick back up before losing status completely, OR you re-sign later if you've gone past 6-months...hopefully they'll keep the $25 re-sign thing around awhile. :) I completely understand though. Sometimes the juice isn't worth the squeeze, especially if it creates more hardship. Right now, I'm at a crossroad too. I'm busy with so many other things, a "job" is just not feasible, including PC. I'm tempted to relax awhile and maybe start back up in a few months. So I get it.Good luck!!

From my personal experience, the food products with WT may be great, and I would suggest being a customer of their products. However, the quality and the name of The Pampered Chef goes so much farther. I have dabbled in food products before and I must tell you that TPC just works so much better for me. Have a talk with hubby for your meeting nights and re-energize yourself at a meeting. It's kinda like "church". You get your "recharge" to do the job and tips/training to do it well.

Jane,So sorry that you are going through this and thinking about leaving PC. I have to say that since I started in April my business has been up and down (more down :( ) but I can always depend on you, Amanda and Sheila to always snap me out of it. Since Sandy I've lost all my shows and no one is responding to my calls/emails. So once again I'm thinking about leaving but you said something in your post above about quitting not an option. This is why I'm going to do my best and get back on track.I can understand your reason but what I really wanted to say is that you will be missed if you decide to leave. You've help out so many in here (I am one) and I just wanted to say THANK YOU!!! I truly do hope this all works out for you. XOXO

Even though my kids were older when I started doing PC, I know where you're coming from. Lots of men are pretty self centered and not that supportive of the wife's activities. Does your director make herself available for one on one support time with you? Would that be an option? Like make a coffee date and you son could come along with a book or legos, etc.
Only you can decide to stay with PC or not; but taking a bread isn't such a bad idea. Especially over the holidays. I've lost my career sales twice and one I got over that I just quit worrying about it. So I make 2% less in commission .... I still have more money than I would have had with no sales at all.
I too would really miss your comments, flyers etc. if you drop out. Should have thanked you more often. So, thanks now and just go with your gut! Good luck to you whatever you decide.

OK Jane I hope you are ready for this. QUIT!!!
I know that sounds harsh but if that is what your gut tells you to do, then do it.
Here is the bottom line though. I may be wrong but I don't think so. It sounds like your business is NOT the problem. It sounds more like "home" and inner doubt and turmoil is the issue. Until you can deal with the issue(s) at home and with yourself, you will not have much luck any where you go. Sorry if that sounds nasty but... When you do not get support from home it is very hard to make things work. God knows I have that issue. And it is very detrimental. You stop believing in yourself and then too you said it your self. Husband, world revolves around him, sober. I figured out why I am having issues with my business and yes, it is totally me and outside issues NOT my PC business. So I am cruising through with one show per two months so as to not loose my career sales again. In the mean time, I am working on me. Some where along the line, I will get back to me and be able to get my bearings and business back. I just need to make sure that I direct my attention to the person who needs it most, ME!

Thanks for the outside perspective. At the moment, I am focusing on keeping career sales and not much else. I'm trying to decide if I want to go to Spring Launch at this point. I know I should put more effort into my business and that falls squarely on me. Not sure which direction I will go in the end, but at the moment I am sticking with PC and not doing more than thinking about WT and looking at their website for info. I have NOT talked to a recruiter and don't plan to any time soon. I need to look at my priorities before I do anything rash.

Right now, I am enjoying my Kindergarten age son and thankful he is safe and the light of my life. I can't imagine anyone having to go through that tragedy. This tragedy has hit the closest to home for me. The most important thing to me is my family. That has always been the case and always will be.

You can always put Calamine lotion on that rash.Whatever you do, don't leave CS. We'd miss you too much!

OK so I saw you at Feast. You had a smile on your face. It means you did decide to keep it alive for the time being and it is a bright spot for you. I know how difficult it can be to juggle all the crap. I have been at this for 11 years now and it would be like cutting off a leg to stop. (I know about that too as I almost lost one!) But it was like this, I had to decide what the priority was and focus on that. It turned out my focus was NOT my PC business, nor my job. It turned out that it had to be me! That is why I asked if it was everything you mentioned or rather what you did NOT mention. It is one thing to get hundreds of nos when asking for PC parties. It is another to ADD all the nos when you are job hunting. All the sudden you simply put all of them together and really begin to wonder what the heck is wrong with me? The ego gets smaller and smaller and eventually stops lifting you up. PC has always lifted me up. So no, that was not a "give it up" thing for me. I am hoping it is not for you either but maybe it can become a hub from which to work from. I hate my job schedule and I can not seem to find others that have weeknights free to do parties. I do catalog parties to stay alive. When I get done with assignment, I will very much work on getting something where I have my weekends free again. If not, it will put a heck of dent in my HWC work! Anyway I was happy to see you! And that smile!

I have to admit that if nothing else, I wanted to see the new stuff and I wanted the "free" stoneware we would get. I usually leave launches a bit underwhelmed by the new offerings. Not so this time around. I think they did a good job of finding new items at reasonable prices that people will want to buy. I wasn't excited about every product, but I like most of it. I have a co-worker who wants an MFP so we are nailing down a March date. She also likes some of the new stuff as do some other co-workers. I'll let it plug along for a while. At this point I am just taking a break and maintaining career sales.

It was good to see you though and to meed Beth. We need to have everyone eat lunch together at the next one. (If there are any more...)

What are some signs that it might be time to leave my job?

There are several signs that might indicate it's time to consider leaving your job. These can include feeling unfulfilled or unsatisfied in your role, consistently experiencing conflicts with your coworkers or superiors, lack of career growth opportunities, and feeling undervalued or underpaid.

How do I know if I'm ready to take the leap and leave my job?

Making the decision to leave a job can be challenging, but there are a few key factors to consider. Ask yourself if you have a solid plan for your next steps, if you have the financial stability to support yourself during a job search, and if you have a clear understanding of why you want to leave your current job.

What should I do before quitting my job?

Before quitting your job, it's important to have a plan in place. This can include updating your resume and LinkedIn profile, networking and reaching out to potential job opportunities, and saving up a financial buffer for when you're in between jobs. It's also important to have a conversation with your superiors about your decision to leave and to give sufficient notice.

How can I leave my job on good terms?

Leaving a job can be a delicate situation, but there are ways to ensure you leave on good terms. Be professional and respectful in all interactions with your coworkers and superiors, offer to help with the transition process, and express gratitude for the opportunities and experiences you had at the company. It's also important to give proper notice and follow any company policies for resigning.

What if I have second thoughts about leaving my job?

It's normal to have doubts or second thoughts when considering leaving a job. If this happens, take some time to reflect on your decision and consider the reasons why you wanted to leave in the first place. You can also discuss your concerns with a trusted friend or mentor for their perspective and advice. Ultimately, the decision to leave or stay is up to you and what you feel is best for your career and personal growth.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
scottcooks
Replies
Views
beckyjsmith
Replies
Views