• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Thinking About Joining -- Are There Too Many Consultants

In summary, the market is not saturated. There are many consultants out there, but if you put the effort into doing a good job and being consistant, you should be able to get bookings.
SusanK
I have never been a consultant before and am concerned about getting bookings -- There seem to be a lot of consultants out there and I do want to have the opportunity to grow -- I don't have a lot of friends who share my interest in cooking. Is the market saturated?

SusanK said:
I have never been a consultant before and am concerned about getting bookings -- There seem to be a lot of consultants out there and I do want to have the opportunity to grow -- I don't have a lot of friends who share my interest in cooking. Is the market saturated?

The national average says that a community can handle 2 Directors for every bank in an area. Considering that a Director has a minimum of 5 Consultants under her I would say that the market is definetely not saturated. I have been a Consultant for almost two years in the same area and I am always running in to people that have never even heard of The Pampered Chef. As far as not having alot of friends who share your interest in cooking: the beauty of this company is that even if yo don't like to cook (or don't have time) all of our products are designed to get you into the kitchen with ease and out of the kitchen with ease. After all, we all have to eat!

I hope I have answered your questions! If you are looking to join, I would be happy to sign you.

Sherri

SusanK said:

I agree, I come into contact with many people who have never heard of/been to a party before. I encourage you to try it out, I'm sure it would work for you! Feel free to email me with any questions you have! [email protected]

SusanK said:

Susan,
I live in a small town and there are many consultants in our area. The great thing about Pampered Chef is that I have never run into the problem of bookings. There are TONS of people who LOVE Pampered Chef and just don't know anyone who sells it. We have a household name. Pampered Chef is one of America's most beloved companies and it shows in people who attend our shows and want to purchase products.

Having said that, if you don't ask people at your shows if they would like to have a show or you don't make an effort to do a good job being a consultant, then you might have a hard time getting bookings. As with any job, you do have to put some effort into doing a good job. Bookings will not usually jump into your lap. It is important to stay consistant in your show schedule so you do your best presentation. I find that if I take time off, my next show I'm a little off....ok, I'm a little off MOST of the time! :p

Are you currently working with a consultant? If so, you should talk with her about your concerns. If you are not working with anyone and would like some additional questions answered, please feel free to contact me or post your questions here. We are all willing to do our best to answer any questions. :)

Joining Pampered ChefI am working with someone and will give her a call tonight. Does creativity help -- I have quite a few ideas for shows. I love to cook, so I was thinking about doing a Christmas dessert show, a pie show, and I love to make Baklava - which is not that hard, although it looks it -- so I thought I might be able to teach the people at the party how to make that and maybe another dish (using the products, of course). I am assuming you don't have to use all Pampered Chef recipes - although they are great. Thanks for your help.

Creativity helps a lot, but is not a necessity. More important is to have FUN! People want to come and have fun. Doing fun shows is a great way to show your creativity.

No, you don't have to only do Pampered Chef recipes, but it does help. People want to be able to purchase cookbooks with the recipes so they can make the same thing. You'd be surprised at how many different recipes there are for you to choose from.

Call your consultant tonight and ask her your questions. CONGRATS and WELCOME!

apamperedoneConsider this job. I live in a small town and when I signed on almost 4 years ago I never realized a director lived just 5 minutes from me. This shows you that the job market isn't saturated. If you would like to call me please do so. My cell number is 330 692 2002. I love having out of state recruits too! It makes networking more fun!! :)

Susan:

It is so worth giving this a try! And as Ginger says, remember to have fun! I take my business very seriously, but I make sure not to take MYSELF seriously at my shows. And as far as your concern about too many consultants, consider this fact:

Last year, 750,000 Cooking Shows were held in the United States (a total of 900,000 shows, including catalog shows). The population of the state of California is 33,000,000! We haven't even begun to scratch the surface!! Business is everywhere!

Looking forward to having you on board!

Mary

What is the process for becoming a Pampered Chef consultant?

To become a Pampered Chef consultant, you will need to find a current consultant to sponsor you. Once you have a sponsor, you will need to purchase a starter kit and complete your consultant agreement. Your sponsor will then help you get started with training and building your business.

How many consultants are currently working for Pampered Chef?

As of 2021, there are over 40,000 active consultants working for Pampered Chef in the United States and Canada. Our consultant base continues to grow each year, but we strive to maintain a healthy ratio of consultants to customers to ensure everyone has a successful business.

Will there be too much competition if I join as a consultant?

While there may be other consultants in your area, we believe that there is enough demand for our products and enough potential customers for everyone to have a successful business. Plus, our products are constantly evolving and we offer exclusive products that are only available to consultants, giving you a unique edge in the market.

What kind of support can I expect as a new consultant?

As a new consultant, you will have access to training materials, online resources, and a supportive community of fellow consultants. Your sponsor will also be there to guide you through the process and offer advice and support. Additionally, our home office team is always available to answer any questions you may have.

What are the benefits of joining Pampered Chef as a consultant?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you have the opportunity to earn income, build your own business, and be a part of a supportive community. You also have access to exclusive products, discounts, and rewards. Plus, you have the flexibility to work on your own schedule and be your own boss.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Chef Bobby
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
mjbroncobabe
  • ejleinenbach