• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Things You Experienced Folks Probably Already Knew...

In summary, the show was a success. $660 in sales, 4 bookings and 3 potential bookings, and everyone seemed to have a great time. Mostly friends and family, but still. :) The main points of the summary are that getting products in people's hands is the key to success, using bits of yourself can be a helpful strategy, and mentioning the opportunity can help to generate interest.
makeawhisk
I had my first show on Sunday, which I would say was a success. $660 in sales, 4 bookings and 3 potential bookings, and everyone seemed to have a great time. Mostly friends and family, but still. :) I have a couple of observations, and thought I'd share them here. Maybe you guys already know all of this, but maybe there's an idea or two that someone else can use.

1) Getting products in people's hands is the way to go! The guest that used the MFP bought it. Same goes for the veggie wedger, mandolin, and professional shears.

2) Use bits of yourself. I talked about my first pampered chef show when I was 12, the quikcut paring knife my granny sent me away to college with, stuff like that. Even the friend-of-a-friend folks that I hadn't met seemed to connect. Everyone placed an order.

3) Don't be scared to mention the opportunity. I was more focused on hosting, and thought I knew that nobody in the room was interested--but I went into it anyway, just to practice my "shtick" and two people had questions. Don't have any new recruits yet, but there may be some seeds of interest there after all.

4) Let people sell the products to each other. I played a game with the group where every time I mentioned or we used a PC product, you got a ticket if you already had that thing and could say what you liked about it, and you spoke up first, or if you wanted that thing and could tell people why. Folks were scrambling for tickets, but in a good way, and everyone was excited to talk about the products, even things I would've never thought anyone had! My grandma single-handedly sold 3 food choppers, and we didn't even demo it. She talked about how great it is for chopping pecans, and how easy it is to clean in the dishwasher. It was amazing. Any time I started to sense a gap in the show---while a guest was still slicing potatoes, or other guests were stacking the potato layers for the bacon & blue cheese potato bites---I'd just pick up another item and say, "What about the pizza cutter?" and someone would tell everyone how awesome it is!

Anyway--I had a great time, and am excited to get more shows under my belt (I've got another cooking show this week)! Don't know if any of this helps anyone else, but figured I might as well share.

so cool!! I have my 1st show next month!! can't wait! I hope it turns out as good as yours!

You sound like a seasoned Consultant, already! Keep doing what you are doing, and you will have your first $15,000, in no time. Congratulations, on your first Success! It sounds like you will have many more.

Those are great tips!! I am having my first show next week. I like the idea about the tickets. It would definately help if there were any "nervous gaps" in my show!

Congratulations on a great show! You did a wonderful job and look at your results! WAHOO!!!

Wow, you must've had excellent training and/or you're a natural!! Great show ideas!
Good luck with your future shows!

Way to go!! You do sound like you've been at this a long time! And I like your approach - asking who has it, why they love it, etc.

Don't be afraid to ask about the higher priced products either, like the stainless bowls, or even the easy read measuring cups. I find that people will look at the easy read set and think, "$23 for measuring cups?!" but when others tell them how fabulous they are, go in microwave, cool touch handle, no guessing, easy to use, they buy the heck out of them.

Keep up the great work!

Hi there! It sounds like you had an amazing first show, congratulations! It's always great to hear about successful shows and it seems like you have some great tips to share with others. I completely agree with you about getting products in people's hands - it's a great way for them to see the value and quality of our products. And using personal stories and experiences is a great way to connect with guests and show them how these products have made a difference in your life. I also love your idea of letting guests sell the products to each other - it creates a fun and interactive atmosphere and shows the true power of our products. Best of luck with your future shows, I have no doubt they will be just as successful! Keep up the great work!

1. What are some common kitchen tools that experienced cooks already have?

Some common kitchen tools that experienced cooks may already have include a chef's knife, cutting board, measuring cups and spoons, mixing bowls, and a vegetable peeler.

2. Do experienced cooks typically own a mortar and pestle?

Yes, a mortar and pestle is a common tool for experienced cooks as it can be used for grinding spices, making sauces, and crushing herbs.

3. Are silicone baking mats worth the investment for experienced cooks?

Yes, silicone baking mats are a great investment for experienced cooks as they provide a non-stick surface for baking and can be reused many times, reducing the need for parchment paper or aluminum foil.

4. Is it necessary for experienced cooks to have a cast iron skillet?

A cast iron skillet is not necessary but can be a valuable tool for experienced cooks. It is durable, retains heat well, and can be used for a variety of cooking methods such as searing, frying, and baking.

5. What are some useful gadgets that experienced cooks may not know about?

Some useful gadgets that experienced cooks may not know about include a microplane zester, garlic press, avocado slicer, and a citrus reamer. These tools can make certain tasks in the kitchen easier and more efficient.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• TheFreddiesCook
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • hramsey17
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
jendill
  • Katiek77