• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Things That Make You Scratch Your Head & Wonder ...

his last name.I've had a few guests give me 2 different last names when they booked a show with me, most recently last Fall when my host was using one last name until about half-way through host coaching. She was a contact from a bridal fair a couple of years ago. She told me during coaching that they were going to Vegas to get married about 2 weeks before her show. They already had a kid or two together. They got married but weren't having a reception until 2 months after the show. They had the Vegas wedding so they could get health insurance. This is not the first couple/hosts who have had kids together before getting married.
Sheila
Gold Member
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/418404_3217551882889_1389121744_4060304_932852837_n.jpg

Is she just THAT ditzy? Or does she change her name so often that she can't keep up with the current last name? LOL

Did she just get married?? Maybe she goes by her maiden name in work and her married name the rest of the time?? Ha!! Who knows!

Or just got divorced? Or isn't sure what name is on her credit card? Or what name she last gave to the police? Or what her screen name is on match.com?

I know, right? Who knows what the heck was going on inside her head. She didn't volunteer a story to me & I didn't ask!!! LOL

I had a guest who booked a show. She started corresponding with me via email, and one day, I noticed that an email I received from her had a different last name.

I really wasn't sure how to approach the issue - I emailed her back, and just asked her politely which name she would prefer that I use. She called me, laughing and apologizing....she's a Doctor, and she uses her maiden name professionally (since that was her name when she started her career) but uses her married name for everything else, because they have a young son, and she doesn't want it to be confusing for him. She had happened to send me an email from work, and just automatically used her professional name instead of her personal name. She is NOT ditzy at all - just a busy Mom trying to keep up!

I've had several guests give me two different last names and even a host tell me they weren't sure which last name to give me for their friend. Mostly it's because they recently married or divorced and slipped up or they hadn't changed the name on their credit card yet or they use their maiden name professionally. I use it as an opportunity to start a conversation. They are always happy to talk about themselves and it builds a relationship.

My most recent instance of this was last Fall. My host was using one last name until about half-way through host coaching. She was a contact from a bridal fair a couple of years ago. She told me during coaching that they were going to Vegas to get married about 2 weeks before her show. They already had a kid or two together. They got married but weren't having a reception until 2 months after the show. They had the Vegas wedding so they could get health insurance. This is not the first couple/hosts who have had kids together before getting married. I'm an old fuddy duddy so still find this strange. One kid, OK, I can get it. But 2 or more? I do think I've gotten good at not saying "husband" about the man in the house until I'm sure they're married whether there are kids or not, or to assume because a woman has kids with her at a show that she's married.

My PayPal account is still has my last name as ex-hubby's. But I explain to people that the account is VERY old & please address the item to "DACEY" and not "HYDE" as current hubby doesn't like to see ex-hubby's name on my mail.

So I can understand having 2 names on written correspondence. But I don't think I've ever written SHEILA HYDE, then scratched out the HYDE and written DACEY. Wait ... Nope, don't think I ever did that with my maiden name either. :veryfunny:

I did it all the time when I was first married. I'm not ditzy. But I didn't get married until I was almost 35, and I'd been signing a different name for much longer.

I STILL catch myself doing it occasionally when I have to initial something. I spent years in a job where I had to initial things countless times every day, and it's ingrained in me to whip off that set of initials when I have to initial something even now. I always have to make a conscious decision to use the right set of initials.

That's hilarious Becky!I got married the first time at 18. I was so ecstatic that I didn't have any problems. Divorced 5.5 years later & HE talked me into not changing my name back to my maiden name, convinced that I'd probably meet someone else & get married again in the next couple of years. The city where we were living EVERYONE only knew his last name, not my maiden name, so he justified that it would be easier to just not confuse them. I ended up continuing to use his name for 12 more years! In retrospect, I should have changed it back! LOL

My husband gets a miffed look on his face when I sign the wrong initials...:)

He'll say "And how long have we been married?"

Tell him "apparently not long enough!" LOL

Ok, she's not hispanic, but those of us who do a lot of shows in the Hispanic community, sheesh their last name depends on what day it is most of the time, LOL

Nanisu said:
Ok, she's not hispanic, but those of us who do a lot of shows in the Hispanic community, sheesh their last name depends on what day it is most of the time, LOL

Ha ha ha ha ha.:veryfunny:

I studied French so knew nothing about Spanish/Hispanic names. One of the interpreters had to tell me that most women with a Spanish name have Maria as their first name. And here we were doing nametags based on passport info for a group of 15 people and most of the women had Maria on their nametag though they went by their other name. Nice people from other countries didn't tell us that we screwed up.

Working in a school district, we sometimes want to hand out awards to families where everyone has the same last name. We would be handing out very few awards!! No judgement, however, I am divorced but just chose to keep my married name.

What is "Things That Make You Scratch Your Head & Wonder ..."?

"Things That Make You Scratch Your Head & Wonder ..." is a phrase commonly used to describe confusing or puzzling situations or phenomena. It can refer to a wide range of topics, from everyday occurrences to deeper philosophical concepts.

Why do people scratch their head and wonder?

People may scratch their head and wonder in response to things that are unexpected, confusing, or difficult to understand. It is a natural reaction to encountering something that challenges our understanding of the world.

What are some examples of things that make people scratch their head and wonder?

Examples of things that make people scratch their head and wonder can include paradoxes, mysteries, unexplained phenomena, and contradictory information. It can also refer to situations where our expectations do not align with reality, causing confusion or surprise.

Is it beneficial to scratch your head and wonder?

Scratching your head and wondering can be beneficial as it can lead to critical thinking and problem-solving. It allows us to question and explore the world around us, leading to new discoveries and insights. However, it is important to balance this with seeking out reliable information and avoiding falling into the trap of overthinking or rumination.

How can I stop scratching my head and wondering?

While scratching your head and wondering can be a useful thought process, it is important to know when to stop and seek out answers or solutions. To reduce the need to constantly scratch your head and wonder, try to stay informed and educated, think critically, and seek out reliable sources of information. Additionally, it can be helpful to practice mindfulness and focus on the present moment rather than getting lost in thoughts and speculation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • ShelbyMichalek
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
byrd1956
Replies