• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is There a Solution to Prevent Boil Overs in Pots?

In summary, the boil control was a retired item and didn't actually do anything to prevent boil over. The best solution is to boil water on HIGH and then add your pasta.
pampermeann
I have a customer who is looking for a thing to put in a pot to prevent water from boiling over. Anyone know if we still have this or where I can find one?

Thanks.

It was sold a few years back - we don't have them anymore but maybe someone here has one they will part with..

thanks for such a quick reply. At least I can let my customer know it is no longer available but I'm looking to find one.

The Boil COntrol. I do hope they come back with that sooner than later... That is the one retired item most people want back. Wish I could help...I have been on the search for them too!

There was a thread a while back in which someone posted a practically identical item they found from some other housewares company.

Until you find one try this: rub butter along the top edge of your pan/pot. The butter is supposed to stop the boil over. By the way, the boil control was made out of metal, which is probably why they discontinued it. Metal and non stick pans don't mix well and they were probably replacing a lot of our cookware because of this.

Just so you know, the boil control didn't actually keep anything from boiling over. It just made lots of noise when the pan contents began to boil so YOU didn't let it boil over.

I have 2 boil controls. One is in the package, and one I did use once....but would be willing to part with both. PM or email me if you are interested.

raebates said:
Just so you know, the boil control didn't actually keep anything from boiling over. It just made lots of noise when the pan contents began to boil so YOU didn't let it boil over.

REALLY? Hum....I sure didn't know this tidbit! I remember selling these too. They were a "Hot" item back then. Pun intended. :p

I just read somewhere that to prevent boil-evers put a metal spoon in your pot?
I've never tried it but thought I'd share.

I just talked to a friend of mine about it. Hers is metal and she figured that when the water boils the cold metal brings down the temperature so that it won't boil over.
I also had many people, when I first started, ask about this and they said it was red and plastic. They absolutly loved it. So every time I get and inquiry about it, I email HO about it.

My solution? I always have boiled the water on HIGH and then added my pasta. It quickly started to boil again then I place the heat on medium. It seems to keep the simmer temp better and my pasta cooks perfectly every time. This method is perfect for both electric and gas stoves.

thanks to you all for the quick answers.

1. How does the "Thing to Prevent Boil Over" work?

The "Thing to Prevent Boil Over" is designed to fit on top of a pot or pan, creating a seal that prevents steam and liquids from boiling over. It works by trapping the steam inside the pot, allowing it to escape slowly without causing a mess on your stovetop.

2. Can the "Thing to Prevent Boil Over" be used on all types of cookware?

Yes, the "Thing to Prevent Boil Over" is made of heat-resistant silicone and can be used on all types of cookware including stainless steel, non-stick, and ceramic.

3. How do I clean the "Thing to Prevent Boil Over"?

The "Thing to Prevent Boil Over" is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. You can also hand wash it with warm soapy water and let it air dry.

4. Will the "Thing to Prevent Boil Over" fit on all pot and pan sizes?

The "Thing to Prevent Boil Over" comes in two different sizes, small and large, to fit a variety of pot and pan sizes. The small size fits pots and pans with a diameter of 6-8 inches, while the large size fits pots and pans with a diameter of 8-12 inches.

5. How durable is the "Thing to Prevent Boil Over"?

The "Thing to Prevent Boil Over" is made of high-quality, heat-resistant silicone that is built to last. It can withstand temperatures up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit, making it a durable and long-lasting kitchen tool.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• valleygirl2
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Maryannbaird
  • easytoprepare
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
minirottie
  • wadesgirl