• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rant They Copied Our Food Chopper!!

Foods.The feed back I have read on the slap chop is that it mushes things not chops things read this in Readers Digest.Not in stores - 10 year warranty! Opens like a butterfly for easy cleaning! HUM??? You know a ton of people will buy it. Especially at fairs. I will say this, there were some neat ideas there! I mean food wise!
emiscookin
Ok, if you haven't seen this on TV check it out

YouTube - Slap Chop Commercial

"You're gonna like my nuts." LOL!!!!!! :D

Anyway, the product is advertised by the one and only Shamwow guy. I really think that guy is annoying and if you click on some more videos off to the side you will see a lot of them that are HILARIOUS that are making fun of him! :D But beside that...HELLO they freaking copied our Food Chopper!! :grumpy:

I thought our Food Chopper was "exclusively ours." Doesn't PC have a patent on it?

I'm sure some of you are wondering why I am getting so mad about it when other companies copy PC products too but...I've never seen anything else come close to our Food Chopper...until this!!

If anyone mentions the "Slap Chop" to me I am going to say, "Look, you can't trust everything you see on TV. They can edit the video to make it look like what they want you to see. Also, how good of quality is the Slap Chop? Our Food Chopper comes with a 5 year warranty and is cheaper than the Slap Chop, but better quality!! Here, you can try the Food Chopper right here!"

Anyway, I just hate seeing other companies copy PC products because...I want people to come to US for our quality products and not think, "Oh, I don't have to find a PC consultant and pay shipping for the product I can just buy the copy here." That makes us lose sales imo.

Wait. Our Food Chopper does cost more. But hey, you've heard the famous, and TRUE, saying: "You get what you pay for."

Sorry about that. :p

Geez! Looks like there are other posts on here about this. SORRY!! :( I really need to look stuff up first before I post it!

Having seen the slap chop in person - I can tell you that there is no comparison.

I've had guests tell me they bought it and that it does not chop well. The guests have come to PC specifically to play with our food chopper. Ours wins hands down. Plus, PC has been in the biz for 30 years....will the slap chop company be around when the customer tries to do an adjustment?

After purchasing a "Crap Chop" and finding out it didn't work worth beans (worth 'beans' I said!!!!!) I was complaining about it in a supermarket and this woman - a total stranger - came up and said: "I have a food chopper I'll bet you'll like. I'll lend it to you for 24 hours, but if you like it, you have to promise to buy it from me."I liked it. I bought it. And that woman turned into my recruiter. LOL If it weren't for the "Crap Chop," I wouldn't be a PC Consultant.

RMDave said:
After purchasing a "Crap Chop" and finding out it didn't work worth beans (worth 'beans' I said!!!!!) I was complaining about it in a supermarket and this woman - a total stranger - came up and said: "I have a food chopper I'll bet you'll like. I'll lend it to you for 24 hours, but if you like it, you have to promise to buy it from me."

I liked it. I bought it. And that woman turned into my recruiter. LOL

If it weren't for the "Crap Chop," I wouldn't be a PC Consultant.

That is the BEST story! Thanks Dave! I'm going to share your story with anyone who mentions that "other" chopper!

RMDave said:
After purchasing a "Crap Chop" and finding out it didn't work worth beans (worth 'beans' I said!!!!!) I was complaining about it in a supermarket and this woman - a total stranger - came up and said: "I have a food chopper I'll bet you'll like. I'll lend it to you for 24 hours, but if you like it, you have to promise to buy it from me."

I liked it. I bought it. And that woman turned into my recruiter. LOL

If it weren't for the "Crap Chop," I wouldn't be a PC Consultant.

Awesome story! That is great. =)

The feed back I have read on the slap chop is that it mushes things not chops things read this in Readers Digest.

Not in stores - 10 year warranty! Opens like a butterfly for easy cleaning! HUM??? You know a ton of people will buy it. Especially at fairs. I will say this, there were some neat ideas there! I mean food wise!

pampered1224 said:
Not in stores - 10 year warranty! Opens like a butterfly for easy cleaning! HUM??? You know a ton of people will buy it. Especially at fairs. I will say this, there were some neat ideas there! I mean food wise!

Actually, it is sold in Walgreens and Bed, Bath & Beyonds.

oy

I'm so glad that the "crap chop" helped you to find PC!!!!

I'm not understanding how they "copied" our food chopper. There are tons of choppers out on the market, and many of them open up like ours do. I was in Kohl's today and saw 4-5 different kinds of choppers.

Most be an old commercial then. It says Not in stores; 10 year warranty and BEWARE OF IMPOSTORS or some such thing! Yeah, beware of them! They will be much better! and yeah, even Tupperware had one. So there are a ton of them out there. I did not one thing about the slap chop. The hinges look really flimsy and so did the clear sleeve. I also noted even he had trouble putting on the blade guard!

There's a similar thread on here from a while ago about this...I had never seen one in person until about a month ago. One of my hosts had one...I had her get it out so I could inspect it...she didn't really like it, but her husband was the one who wanted it. We had a "chop off" right there! Guess which chopper was the winner! :)

I am not too worried about that stupid chopper...the minute customers use ours, they know how good it is, plus all the testimonials I always have those who are at my shows give...

Funny, at Christmas, we do a gift exchange game with family (you know where you pick a gift & the next person picks or takes yours?) We threw in a twist where you could put it back & steal a gift if you didn't like what you opened. My husband got the Slap Chop! I said, "hell no! you put that back!" And he ended up exchanging it ... but it was pretty funny. I think the guy that brought it ended up going home with it. :)

leftymac said:
I'm not understanding how they "copied" our food chopper. There are tons of choppers out on the market, and many of them open up like ours do. I was in Kohl's today and saw 4-5 different kinds of choppers.

Ok, I guess "copied" was the wrong word. I never had seen anything else like our food chopper until this. I guess I don't get out much. :p

cookingwithdot said:
Funny, at Christmas, we do a gift exchange game with family (you know where you pick a gift & the next person picks or takes yours?) We threw in a twist where you could put it back & steal a gift if you didn't like what you opened. My husband got the Slap Chop! I said, "hell no! you put that back!" And he ended up exchanging it ... but it was pretty funny. I think the guy that brought it ended up going home with it. :)

LOL!! :D That gave me a good laugh!

The Crap Chop is smaller ... and does not chop as well ... AND the shipping alone is ridiculous!I LOOOOOVE Dave's story!I tell people that there are other choppers on the market, but ours is unique. I had a cruddy one, gave it to a friend, and said friend has since purchased one from me.

I had a host who was also a Tupperware Consultant who said she booked her show to get our chopper. She told me that she sold her Tupperware Chopper to someone because she didn't care for it and thought ours was better. The person she slod it to was standing right there and teased her about selling her the "inferior" one. lol

Great story Dave.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To stir the pot more....Avon has also tried mimicking some of our products too....course our material and quality is so much better. And for the record, I love Avon...just wish they didn't try to get into our kitchen.

Check out:

http://shop.avon.com/shop/product.a...id=&level2_id=&pdept_id=&dept_id=&pf_id=38553

http://shop.avon.com/shop/product.aspx?pf_id=39023

http://shop.avon.com/shop/product.aspx?pf_id=36081

Well even PartyLite got into the act with I think it is Three Sisters! Except they look more like Tastefully Simple. Especially the prices! Oh and my friend who used to do PartyLite got some of there stuff and he thought the packages were a lot smaller than he thought they would be for the price. The stuff he ordered he did say was OK taste wise but he would not go out of his way to order more. That of course was the day he put in an order for 6 of our Smokey BBQ rub! And I love that story to Dave and I am so glad you decided to join!

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
Great story Dave.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To stir the pot more....Avon has also tried mimicking some of our products too....course our material and quality is so much better. And for the record, I love Avon...just wish they didn't try to get into our kitchen.

Check out:

Avon Shop - Products

Avon Shop - Products

Avon Shop - Products

Avon has (or had) a food chopper too. I saw it in their outlet book last week and it was marked "sold out". I don't know if that means it's no longer in the regular book though.

What is the "They Copied Our Food Chopper!!" product?

The "They Copied Our Food Chopper!!" is a product developed by Pampered Chef that allows you to easily chop, dice, and mince a variety of foods with its sharp blades and easy-to-use design.

How is the "They Copied Our Food Chopper!!" different from other food choppers on the market?

Unlike other food choppers, the "They Copied Our Food Chopper!!" is made with high-quality materials and features a unique design that allows for efficient and precise chopping. It also comes with a lifetime guarantee, ensuring its durability and longevity.

What makes the "They Copied Our Food Chopper!!" a must-have kitchen tool?

The "They Copied Our Food Chopper!!" is a versatile and time-saving kitchen tool that can be used for a variety of food preparation tasks. It is perfect for busy individuals who want to quickly and easily chop their ingredients without sacrificing quality.

Can the "They Copied Our Food Chopper!!" be used for all types of food?

Yes, the "They Copied Our Food Chopper!!" can be used to chop a wide range of foods, including vegetables, fruits, nuts, and even cooked meats. Its sharp blades and easy-to-use design make it suitable for almost any type of food you want to chop.

Is the "They Copied Our Food Chopper!!" dishwasher safe?

Yes, the "They Copied Our Food Chopper!!" is dishwasher safe, making it easy to clean and maintain. However, we recommend hand-washing it for best results and to prolong its lifespan.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• vanscootin
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224
Replies