• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Host's Enthusiasm: Tips for a Successful Show with the Reluctant Host

In summary, Becky is a reluctant host, but she is willing to help out her friend. She is grateful for the opportunity to do the show, but she wants her host to have a good time and not feel pressured to buy anything. She encourages her host to have more people in attendance to help reduce the "buying pressure." She suggests turning the host specials into a fundraiser for the church.
beckysuem
I have a person who is hosting a show next month for me. I just moved into the area and met her at church and she agreed to do a show for me to help me out. She isn't really thrilled about doing the party, in fact, her first question was "Do you have a minimum amount of guests that have to be there?" :) (Not that she has been complaining about it, I just can tell she isn't excited at all) I'm very thankful that she is willing to have a show for me, but I want her to have a good time and enjoy it, too. I've tried to emphasize the rewards, but she really isn't super interested in the benefits of hosting. I'm pretty sure she is only going to send out a few invites. Any thoughts about how to get her excited?

If she is doing this to help you out, and that is her motivation, then that's how I'd coach her.

Let her know how much you appreciate her inviting friends and family, and how excited you are to meet new people and gain some new contacts. Ask her if she can help by having at least 10 new contacts there for you to meet.

I was a very reluctant host. ONLY having the show to help out my friend who was starting her business. I ended up signing at my show. :) So you just never know.

Thanks for sharing that Becky!
I just had a conversation with my director about this topic... we need to find out what the "WHY" is for our host. We usually focus so much on the host benefits, but that's definitely not the main reason for some people.The other thing I'd emphasize is that your host will not want her friends to feel pressured to buy anything, or buy more than their budget allows. The best way to make sure they don't feel 'buying pressure' is to have more people in attendance.

Also if she doesn't want the free product suggest that she donate it somewhere or turn it into a mystery host show and draw a name for the free product!

I agree with cincychef. Since you met her at church, maybe she would like to donate the rewards to the church. That would be an excellent reason for her to reach out to more people as she would be able to shower a local cause with some great items. Or, maybe an organization with an auction coming up where they could pick items to turn around and auction off. Just a couple of thoughts.

If you are going to go toward her donating the host specials, how about turning it into a fundraiser for the church, and invite the congregation to attend. that relieves her of the burden, and she gets credit for helping the church out.

What is "The Very Reluctant Host"?

"The Very Reluctant Host" is a cookbook and entertaining guide that is specifically designed for those who are new to hosting or feel intimidated by hosting events. It provides easy-to-follow recipes and tips to help make hosting less stressful and more enjoyable.

Can I use my own cookware and kitchen tools with the recipes in "The Very Reluctant Host"?

Absolutely! The recipes in "The Very Reluctant Host" are designed to be flexible and adaptable to different cookware and kitchen tools. We want you to feel comfortable using the equipment you already have.

Are the recipes in "The Very Reluctant Host" beginner-friendly?

Yes, the recipes in "The Very Reluctant Host" are specifically created for those who are new to hosting or cooking. They are easy to follow and use simple ingredients, making it less intimidating for beginners.

Can I still use "The Very Reluctant Host" if I have dietary restrictions?

Of course! "The Very Reluctant Host" includes a variety of recipes that cater to different dietary restrictions such as vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, and dairy-free. We want everyone to be able to enjoy hosting and cooking, regardless of their dietary needs.

Is "The Very Reluctant Host" only for large gatherings?

No, "The Very Reluctant Host" includes recipes and tips for hosting events of all sizes, from intimate dinner parties to larger gatherings. We believe that everyone can be a great host, no matter the size of the event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Suzyengl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • lesliec