• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

No Rooms Available? Discover Our Tips for Finding Accommodation!

In summary, there seems to be a shortage of hotel rooms for Wave 3 of the conference due to the Gay Olympics taking place at the same time. However, it is believed that more rooms will become available soon. Some members are skeptical and believe there may be a software glitch causing the shortage. Those who already have rooms are advised to hold onto them, while others are advised to book rooms at other hotels. In addition, there is some playful banter among members about the "Cheffer" nickname and a potential merchandise idea.
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
How can this be?!?

What???

No rooms in all of the hotels???

My director told me that the Gay Olympics or something was going on the same time that conference was so it might be harder to get a hotel.

The hotels have rooms outside of the PC block of rooms. There's something fishy going on, IMHO. I have no idea what, but this just doesn't sound right.

(And no, I am not accusing anyone of anything, I'm just skeptical.)

So are all the events in 1 hotel?? If so - which one. I am going to try and book a hotel nearby since these are full. I stayed at the Congress Plaza the last time I was in Chicago and it was nice. It is closer to the Field Museum, but it is still on Michigan Ave.

From what I understand, the Gay Games are going on during Wave 3 of conference. There are 50,000 people estimated to be a part of this (those in the games and spectators). That's what I understand to be the reason behind the room shortage for wave 3. If you can find rooms anywhere else and they're reasonable for that conference, I would say to book them. I'm sure PC is working on getting more hotels added. Hopefully this will all get worked out!

Hang tight for a bitUm, Becky...this is, ah, well, er, the Wave 2 forum. ;-)

I've been traveling for business for a long, long time and I used to live for a week at a time in downtown Chicago. Just between us...consultants...I think there's a glich in the reservations software someplace. I predict that sometime, in the next 24-28 hours, there will be an enormous block of rooms that mysteriously appear as available.

Maybe I'll just auction mine on ebay and commute each day. :D

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Um, Becky...this is, ah, well, er, the Wave 2 forum. ;-)
:D
I know, I know, I know.:) I'm speculating that there may be some "pre-partiers" as part of these Gay Games and since the end of your wave happens on a weekend, I'm sure people are coming in for the weekend before the games.

I guess I need to go back to the Wave 1 forum where I belong.:eek: AND where I'll be finding out about products and announcements FIRST!!:eek: Not to rub it in....:D

pamperedbecky said:
I guess I need to go back to the Wave 1 forum where I belong.:eek: AND where I'll be finding out about products and announcements FIRST!!:eek: Not to rub it in....:D
:p :p :p :p :p :p :p

Now Becky, that is just NOT NICE

:p :p :p :p

We will have more fun, so there!

:p :p :p :p

Okay, well I think that KG could be right, and I am somewhat skeptical too...this all doesn't make sense. And, if there are not enough hotel rooms then PC needs to jump on the band-wagon and get it fixed.

Thankfully, I have my room already...gotta love my director!

soonerchef said:
We will have more fun, so there!
Ater having me around for three days, you might change your mind on that one.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Ater having me around for three days, you might change your mind on that one.

True, but I have a feeling that I will see you coming from a mile away and I can just run away screaming "The Kitchen Guy is coming, The Kitchen Guy is coming....RUN!!!!" Now, wouldn't that be fun?

conference 3Ok so who here is slated for conf 3? If I get to go (fingers crossed) I will be going with my director (met her once in 3 years) and some others in the group (never met them!) It might be nice to hook up with others I have see here..

Thanks!

soonerchef said:
True, but I have a feeling that I will see you coming from a mile away and I can just run away screaming "The Kitchen Guy is coming, The Kitchen Guy is coming....RUN!!!!" Now, wouldn't that be fun?
Careful - you could end up spending the weekend in the Cook County Jail for starting a stampede.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Careful - you could end up spending the weekend in the Cook County Jail for starting a stampede.

Lucky for me that only us "cheffers" know who you are!

;) ;)

soonerchef said:
Lucky for me that only us "cheffers" know who you are!

;) ;)
I have visions of VIP selling a hat with the "Wouldn't You Like To Be A Cheffer, Too?" phrase embroidered on the back with TPC logo on the front. Then we'll know we've made it.

Song for recruiting?I'm a Cheffer
He's are Cheffers
She's are Cheffers
We love all Cheffers
Wouldnt you like to be a Cheffer too? lol

ok that was bad LOL

We're all Cheffers!It's catching on, isn't it?

LolI hope so.. I think its a great idea!!

Can anyone on here tap dance???

I can put on tap shoes and dance, don't know if one would call it "tap dancing"! Did take tap (at Erin's School of Dance if you are familiar with it Shannon) when I was younger but I have forgotten it all.

LOL.... and what his CAR looks like :)LOL.... and what his CAR looks like :)

1. What do I do if there are no rooms available at my preferred hotel?

If there are no rooms available at your preferred hotel, there are a few options you can consider. First, check if there are any other hotels in the area that have availability. You can also try adjusting your travel dates or being flexible with the type of room you book. Another option is to look into alternative accommodations such as vacation rentals or bed and breakfasts.

2. How far in advance should I book my hotel room?

We recommend booking your hotel room at least several weeks in advance, especially if you are planning to travel during peak season or to a popular destination. This will give you a better chance of securing a room at your desired hotel and potentially getting a better rate.

3. Can I book a hotel room without a credit card?

Many hotels require a credit card to secure a reservation, but some may allow you to book without one. However, you may be required to pay a deposit or provide a cash payment upon check-in. It is always best to check with the hotel directly to see what their policies are.

4. What if I need to cancel my hotel reservation?

If you need to cancel your hotel reservation, you should do so as soon as possible. Most hotels have a cancellation policy that allows you to cancel without penalty within a certain timeframe, typically 24-48 hours before your scheduled arrival. If you cancel after this timeframe, you may be charged a cancellation fee.

5. Can I make special requests for my hotel room?

Yes, you can make special requests for your hotel room, such as a specific floor or view, extra pillows or towels, or a room with a mini-fridge or microwave. It is best to make these requests at the time of booking or at least a few days before your arrival to ensure that the hotel can accommodate your request.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lt1jane
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Kitchen2u
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies