• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I host a party for my Louisville friends or have them come to me?

a few friends and come on over for a day or so. Have a show and give them a gift certificate to use at your place. If they choose not to come that's okay. You can still enjoy your new business!
Terrygyrl
I'm a newbie (this is my first SS month) and I sent out a mass email to everyone I could think of letting them know that I'm selling PC. I have two friends who live about 100 miles away in Louisville that I really hoped would want to do a Catalog or Cooking show for me. Well, before I had a chance to follow up with a phone call one of them called me! I was very excited until she said that they wanted to come to MY house for a party. I told them that I could drive up there (deduct my mileage) and they could invite their friends/co-workers. My friend seemed insistant on coming here though. I'm not sure what to do. I could host a show and invite a few people but then my Louisville friends would have to pay extra to have it directly shipped right? Or I guess I could just have a show with the two of them which would give me good practice. One of them spends money like crazy so there is a good chance with just the two of them it would qualify as a show. OR I could have a show, invite local people and then drive their stuff up to them later? What would you guys do?

Newbie TooI'm having my first party at my house this weekend. This is also my SS1. My director said it is a great way to start your business. Good luck to you!

I had 2 grand openings!Well actually 3. 2 GO's and 1 Mommy and Me. They all had friends and family attending to see my new business. I made the two GO's Mystery Host shows so one of the guest got the host rewards. Ask all that you know to help you out (High light the host rewards program) and you might be surprised at the response! I asked everyone and got 13 bookings from them!

Good luck to both of you and Congrats! TPC is the best to work with!

Terrygyrl said:
I'm a newbie (this is my first SS month) and I sent out a mass email to everyone I could think of letting them know that I'm selling PC. I have two friends who live about 100 miles away in Louisville that I really hoped would want to do a Catalog or Cooking show for me. Well, before I had a chance to follow up with a phone call one of them called me! I was very excited until she said that they wanted to come to MY house for a party. I told them that I could drive up there (deduct my mileage) and they could invite their friends/co-workers. My friend seemed insistant on coming here though. I'm not sure what to do. I could host a show and invite a few people but then my Louisville friends would have to pay extra to have it directly shipped right? Or I guess I could just have a show with the two of them which would give me good practice. One of them spends money like crazy so there is a good chance with just the two of them it would qualify as a show. OR I could have a show, invite local people and then drive their stuff up to them later? What would you guys do?

In my 1st Super Starter Month I had what I called a "Practice Kitchen Show" this was a way for me to invite everyone I know to come and support me in my new business venture. I then did a drawing at the end of the show for everyone that ordered and someone became the hostess of that show. Just an idea.

April

You could host your own show and invite them to come along. Invite all of your friends, family and neighbors and anyone else you can think of then have them book a show of their own! That is when you can go to Louisville to do their shows! Let them know that this would be a great opportunity for you if it is something that you want to do. This would give you a whole new branch of customers if you want to go that far. I live 150 miles away from Louisville and drive there 4-5 times a year to do shows. I do lot of catalog/online shows there too. My customers there are pretty loyal and I love them down there. They call me all the time and they use my website regularly to place orders. I even have a Consultant on my TEAM from there. Just goes to show business is everywhere. ;)

Melinda-- If your friends want to visit you that's great. Encourage them to gather orders from "home" and bring the orders with them. If they are coming at the same time make them co-hosts. But for practice I would, while they were there, host a party with the neighbors and new friends you've made. That way no one has to pay direct shipping costs and you get to have a practice show at the same time.

The reason I would co-host would be to have a larger show (because catalog parties usually have lower sales). Of course if they come to you with $300 or more in orders a piece then it is a moot point. If they both have a substantial amount of orders then with the party at your house you'll have 3 parties in 1!! How cool is that?

Last edited:
Yes go for itI agree with everything Chef Kearns said. Treat this just like any other show, have them get outside orders before the show and again after the show and ask Everyone.

I did my first party at my home and it was a huge success. I received 6 bookings and 900 in sales. I called it my coming out party. It was well worth it! I reccomend this for all new recruits!
Amanda :D

Have the show at your house!I always encourge people to use my house when I ask them to book a show and they say they don't have anywhere to have the show because their house is to small. I just tell them to invite all their friends and family to my house. That way you get the booking and they get the hostess ben. and have the oppertunity for future bookings.
I do make sure the host arrives early so they are there when the guests start coming. Plus you don't have to lug your stuff, your stuff is already in your kitchen. Not to mention clean up is eaiser to.
I find offering up my house helps my biz. Go for it!

What is "theParty Is Coming to Me"?

"theParty Is Coming to Me" is a unique and convenient way to host a Pampered Chef party. Instead of having to clean and prepare your home for a party, you can have a Pampered Chef consultant bring the party to you and your guests can shop and enjoy delicious food demonstrations in the comfort of your own home.

How do I book a "theParty Is Coming to Me"?

Booking a "theParty Is Coming to Me" is easy! You can contact your Pampered Chef consultant or visit our website to find a consultant near you. They will work with you to choose a date and time that works for you and your guests.

What is the benefit of hosting a "theParty Is Coming to Me"?

Hosting a "theParty Is Coming to Me" offers many benefits. You can earn free and discounted products based on the sales from your party. Plus, you don't have to worry about cleaning or preparing your home for the party, making it a stress-free and enjoyable experience.

Can I still earn host rewards with a "theParty Is Coming to Me"?

Yes, you can still earn host rewards with a "theParty Is Coming to Me". Your Pampered Chef consultant will work with you to set up a personalized host rewards program based on the sales from your party. You can earn free and discounted products, as well as exclusive host-only items.

Can I invite guests who live outside of my area to a "theParty Is Coming to Me"?

Yes, you can invite guests from anywhere to a "theParty Is Coming to Me". Your consultant can set up a virtual party for guests who are unable to attend in person. This allows everyone to join in on the fun and shop for Pampered Chef products no matter where they are located.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Roadtripray
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • lesliec
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies