• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you tried the new Microplane and Chef's Tongs from Pampered Chef?

I like them both! I like the microplane because it is so fast and easy to use and it doesn't take up a lot of counter space. I also like that it is easy to clean.The Chef's Tongs worked great with the recipe they came with. The Asian Meatballs with Rice. Yummy! I need to go use that Microplane.
kimcooks4u
Gold Member
:) I LOVE them!!! has anyone cooked with their new products yet? I used these two products tonight and I must say... I did not expect the Microplane to handle that smoothly!! Am I posting this in the right section?

Well you have me excited. I've been so busy this week with running around with my girls and the hubby out of town I haven't had time to use them. I hope I can soon. I may have to invite the neighbors over for a tasting. My husband left town again tonight and not sure what day he'll be back either thursday or friday. Any great tips to go with them? :D

The Chef's Tongs worked great with the recipe they came with. The Asian Meatballs with Rice. Yummy! I need to go use that Microplane.

I used the microplane last night to shred romano cheese. It shreds fast and the cheese was so light and fluffy. It also shreds right down to nothing! I used the tongs to flip meatballs that were cooking in the lg. skillet.

The tongs are very nice but I think my surprising favorite is the citrus juicer! I thought I would not like it that much but I have used to at least once a day since I got my box. Anyone else try it yet? Ok, the stripped simple additions is my absolute favorite, I cannot wait to get more of that!!!!

Can't WAIT !You guys are KILLING me !~ I can't wait to get all of the new tools, and I am SO debating on what to do. I didn't earn any of the levels, but with 8-9 shows this month, I am banking on a nice early Sept paycheck ! I can't decide if I want to use my one order for a package that I can afford now, or wait til I can go whole hog and get Package A !! :confused: I can't WAIT to start using the tools !
I re-did my dining room at home in May - and I must have been PSYCHIC ! My colors are a deep rust and yellow - very "Tuscan" (or so I thought !) Turns out, they're very Pampered Chef -- the new pieces will be a perfect match ! I already told my husband that I want a plate rail to display a row of SA striped plates ! :p
I can't choose a favorite, I saw everything at my July hospitality meeting - I LOVE THEM ALL !! :D

I too didn't earn much in June. I did submit 2 shows before the 15th so I got the small package and so far these are great new items! I saw them at conference and couldn't wait to get them. I am waiting until end of Aug for hubby's bonus check so that I can get the rest of the new things. My favorite thing that I got so far is the celebrate plate!(Probably because I have young children) I will definitely be buying one for myself to keep. i am glad to hear about the microplane though since I was a bit concerned about it.

Hi everyone!
I have received alot of the new products, but haven't yet used them...you all have inspired me to get them "out of the box"...haha. I'm not sure about some of them, and how to use them, as I'm honestly not a very good cook. Thank goodness you don't have to be with this business!

I'm not sure where the Microplane and Citrus Press will come into play in my kitchen. Those are the two I am most concerned about. Since I don't have the Juicer, can I use this citrus press instead, or should I continue doing it by hand?

What about the microplane? I never use nutmeg, ginger, lemon in my cooking unless the recipe specifies it, and I don't have many of those. I can find the use for the cheese, but I need help with suggestions for the others.

Thanks in advance for your help!

chefbilyeu said:
I'm not sure where the Microplane and Citrus Press will come into play in my kitchen. Those are the two I am most concerned about. Since I don't have the Juicer, can I use this citrus press instead, or should I continue doing it by hand?

What about the microplane? I never use nutmeg, ginger, lemon in my cooking unless the recipe specifies it, and I don't have many of those. I can find the use for the cheese, but I need help with suggestions for the others.

I was thinking I would not like the citrus press and microplane, but used them yesterday for the first time and LOVE THEM! It was AWESOME to put my orange in the juicer and have it squeeze in perfectly. It was so easy! I will definitely pull the press out over the juicer.

The microplane was nice to have very fine lemon zest. (Actually I used an orange) It was so easy to use and perfectly fine...didn't need to cut the zest with my scissors.

i was just wondering if the microplaner is bulky my sister is interested in it but the pictures makes it look very bulky, i only recieved the kit for the 2 shows hosted

Too many great new toysI only got the small package too but I LOVE all of it.
I got the box and had to go home and get it. I have
already got 4 orders for the simple additions bowls/sets.
Everyone who sees it wants it. My husband likes the new
cookbook. We already made the pasta roll-ups and they are
great. I can't wait to get another set of the new stuff. I am
going to order it soon.

1. What is a Microplane and how is it used?

A Microplane is a type of kitchen grater that is used to finely grate or zest ingredients such as cheese, citrus fruits, and spices. It features sharp, small blades that produce thin, delicate shavings, making it perfect for adding flavor and texture to dishes.

2. Can the Microplane be used for other purposes besides grating?

Yes, the Microplane can also be used for finely grating or shredding ingredients like garlic, ginger, and chocolate. It can also be used to create small decorative toppings for desserts or cocktails.

3. What are the benefits of using Chef's Tongs?

Chef's Tongs are versatile kitchen tools that can be used for flipping, turning, and gripping food while cooking. They also have a locking mechanism, making them convenient for storage and transportation. The silicone tips provide a non-slip grip and are heat-resistant, making them safe to use with hot foods.

4. Can Chef's Tongs be used on non-stick cookware?

Yes, our Chef's Tongs are coated with silicone, making them safe to use on non-stick cookware without scratching or damaging the surface.

5. Are the Microplane and Chef's Tongs dishwasher safe?

Yes, both the Microplane and Chef's Tongs are dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand washing them to prolong their lifespan and prevent any potential damage from harsh dishwashing detergents.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Cook1
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • ChefPeg
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • Judy David