1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Theme Show Extravaganza

1. Thank you

Thanks for all the Theme Show info. I really appreciate. It will add some fresh ideas for my parties.
    Kathy

Mar 11, 2006
  2. I must say if you haven't done an Amazing Race show you need to try to do one soon. Especially if you are in experiencing a slump in your business. A director in my cluster started doing the Amazing Race shows and always has a full calendar. I did my first show this month and got two cooking shows as well as two catalog shows. There were only 4 people at the show!!!

New consultants can do this because I used the new Mini Caprese and Strawberry Amaretto Pastries which use super starter items. If you have the spring products you may want to take the balloon whisk and encourage the host to buy whipping cream.

All I can say is it will be very hard for me to go back to doing regula demos.

td

3. I agree. I did my first amazing race show yesterday and it was a blast. I got two bookings for other race shows next month. And it was super easy. The guests end up doing all the work. My presentation and the two recipes were completed in an hour max. Everyone had alot of fun. Just don't forget the first step of having everyone wash their hands before they start. :D

Mar 19, 2006
  4. Harrle

Harrle Member

Amazing Race Show

I will be hosting my first AR show next month - I can't wait!! Any other suggestions other than washing hands first? The host has done three other shows for me so I am looking forward to a new kind of show for her!!

Thanks for EVERYONE'S input on this thread! Deb thank you for putting all of the theme show info together - I think there was another thread where everyone kept requesting info with out reading the entire thread and it turned out the gal couldn't even send the info any more!! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

Leea:cool:

Mar 19, 2006
  5. Wendyss

Wendyss Member Gold Member

Survivor help

Ok, I am having my very first show on Wed. and could use a little more input from all of you. I love to cook but am not very creative. I have only attended "regular" shows myself. The host wants a different show - something like Survivor. I had thought that I could divide the group up into 2 teams and have one group make apple cranberry twist and another pepperoni pizza twist. Now I need help with more details as to how to pull this off and how to talk about the products at the same time. Like how to they get the tools they need keeping in mind I have mainly SS products. Do I give them the whole recipe up front? etc. Feel free to respond to this message or email me or I would love to talk to a real person (I have unlimited long distance) so you could send me your phone number. I really want this to be a good kickoff party in the hopes of filling my April calendar (SS month 1).

Mar 19, 2006
  6. Cards do the trick...

Wendy, it's easier if you put steps on laminated postcards. Including detours etc. Remember the SB has SS recipes. Use the SS recipes to do your show. If you have seasoned PC guests you can rest assure they will find the product they need. I set up the show placing the ingredients on the tables and mix matching the products needed. This created a detour for the teams. I hope this is helpful information.:eek:

7. Chef Kearns

Chef Kearns Legacy Member Gold Member

How do you create the detours? Can you list a few examples? Also, there is another "stopper" during the Amazing Race is it a pit stop? What do you do for those? I watch the show, but am having a hard time transfering the idea to PC. Thanks.

Mar 19, 2006
  8. Wendyss.. here's an example of what you could write on your recipe cards you are giving to your guests at the show. I do not email the recipe to the Host, I simply provide a list of ingredients for the Host to purchase.
    ....................................................................................................
    Using SMOOTH EDGE CAN OPENER, open can of chicken & water chestnuts. Place chicken in SMALL COLANDER BOWL to strain completely and add to CLASSIC BATTER BOWL. Use the same colander & strain water chestnuts & add to PREP BOWL, set aside.

DETOUR-Tell EVERYONE “ this batter bowl is the work horse in the kitchen, it can even go in the OVEN!”
    .....................................................................................................

Does this make sense to you?

9. chefmeg

chefmeg Senior Member Gold Member

Stephanie, I use the postcard invitations and a Word mail merge document to print my Hosts invitations. I have been doing this for 18 months now and have not had a single cancellation. I feel that it is my job to make sure my Hosts show is a success and the only way to do that is to get the people there...so, rather than get back a pack of 30 invites, knowing she only sent out 10, I do it myself-takes 5 minutes tops and write off the postage as a deduction! I have to give credit to the mail merge deal to my computer guru hubby-could never do half of this without him!

Mar 29, 2006
  10. its_me_susan

its_me_susan Senior Member

What's the mail merge thing?

Mar 30, 2006
  11. PampMomof3

PampMomof3 Legend Member Gold Member

Bump! Let's talk more about Amazing Race Shows! I'm really thinking about doing it at my show on Saturday!:)

Apr 18, 2006
  12. ayalaa

ayalaa Member

Anyone done a Price I$ Right Show before?

Apr 24, 2006
  13. Harrle

Harrle Member

I have tried mail merge several times - I used to know how to do it with Windows 98... now that I have updated my MS Office - I just can't figure it out:( If you have any tips I would love to hear them!

Thanks,
    Leea:cool:

Apr 29, 2006
  14. GourmetGirl

GourmetGirl Senior Member Silver Member

Some more theme shows...

So I spent some time this afternoon working on some theme show flyers... I'm sure I've seen all of these ideas posted here before, but just wanted to add some of my work to this incredible site! Enjoy!

Attached Files:

May 1, 2006
  15. ChefJesssica

ChefJesssica Member

GourmetGirl,

Thanks for sharing! These flyers are awesome!

16. Trish1953

Trish1953 Member Silver Member

When you do the 5 ingredients or less show, what do you make? Thanks. Trish

May 2, 2006
  17. GourmetGirl

GourmetGirl Senior Member Silver Member

My favorite recipe with 5 or less ingredients is as follows:

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    1 c. catalina dressing
    1 small can whole cranberry dressing
    1/2 envelope lipton onion soup mix

In a 9"x13" baker put chicken breasts. Cover with catalina dressing on both sides. Pour cranberry dressing on top of chicken breasts. Sprinkle soup mix over chicken. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.

This is also really good with other dressings/marinades, such as an apple mint glaze (makes it taste very holiday-ish). I would do this recipe in a tv style where i already have one prepared that comes out of the oven maybe 20 minutes after you're done with the demo (so to talk about collections, bookings binder, etc). Then you can take the extra one home and have dinner for your own family for the next night!

You could also do a google search for recipes with 5 ingredients or less

May 2, 2006
  18. chefkeri

chefkeri Member

This is the best! You all are amazing. Hey, does anyone have a flyer that just advertises that you have a Theme Show binder & ask for details? Thanks!

Jun 3, 2006
  19. kat29

kat29 Member

Basic Theme Show Flyer--

I have this Basic Theme Show Flyer. Tells the host that she can do a theme show and what kind there are you can pretty much change it to the way you want since it is in word. Hope that helps some chefkeri...

Attached Files:

Jun 16, 2006
  20. dannyzmom

dannyzmom Legend Member Gold Member

What recipes do you offer with/for wach of these themes?

Jun 16, 2006
  21. dannyzmom

dannyzmom Legend Member Gold Member

What tools does this recipe show besides the cookware?

Jun 16, 2006
  22. Thank you all for all your tips and show theme ideas! I can't wait to try some of them out with my hosts! I hope to start getting more bookings with these ideas!

Jul 10, 2006
  23. Veevahchef

Veevahchef Director Silver Member

I made that 5 ingredient chicken recipe for dinner the other night...... It was FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jul 10, 2006
  24. pamperedgirl3

pamperedgirl3 Senior Member

Amazing Race--need ideas to promote

How do you talk these up at shows or to hosts? I keep trying to get a host to choose this option, but so far none have! I would LOVE to start doing these instead of the regular shows. I put it as a show option on my website and I have it as a show option on a folder I pass around.

Also, for those of you who have theme show or booking binders, what all goes in them? Just a sheet for each theme you offer? Do you pass it around or keep it with you for taking orders? I have a folder with flyers for the services I offer (wedding, fundraisers), upcoming specials, one sheet with some different recipes for shows (this is where I have the Amazing Race info), and the open shows dates for the next two months with a pencil. I try to pass this around at my shows-when I remember!

25. pamperedgirl3

pamperedgirl3 Senior Member

by the way-THANK YOU to those of you who have attached your flyers. What a help!!

26. kat29

kat29 Member

Jul 12, 2006
  27. mommyhugz1978

mommyhugz1978 Legacy Member Gold Member

Those are awsome... thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!

28. Hi All,

I have recently come up with a Show/Open House idea and I wanted to run it by all of you. I am calling it a Mystery Gift Party/Open House. Has anybody ever heard of this type of show?

I am going to be displaying my NEW collection of items as well and our favorites and others, pretty much as many as I can fit! :) And I am going to give people the opportunity to "earn" tickets for this party. By bringing a friend, or by bringing their favorite PC recipe with them, or even by booking show. The tickets will be collected, and of course you don't have to be present to win, but at the end of the event I will talley up everyones orders. At that point I will start drawing tickets for the Hostess Benefits that have been earned for the Party/Open House. So one ticket could get a 1/2 priced item. While 10 tickets could get 30% off. And finally the free product value will be divided as well, so three people might get $30.00 in free product.

I hope I am explaining this right. Bascially I am wondering if anyone has hearsd of this type of show in the past. I know that the Myserty Hostess idea is popular, but I wanted to put a spin on it.

Let me know your thoughts and any ideas you have on how I people can "earn" more tickets and such. I haven't finalized this yet but I am hoping too! :)

Thanks!

Aug 28, 2006
  29. cmdtrgd

cmdtrgd Legacy Member Gold Member

Kristen,

I like your enthusiasm, but I'm not sure how this is different from a Mystery Host party. Many consultants split the benefits and give out tickets for stuff like: RSVP, bookings, bringing a friend, bringing an outside order, etc. Maybe I'm just too tired to see...

Aug 28, 2006
  30. SuzyP

SuzyP Guest

Here's how I've done it:
    •Earn One ticket by placing an order.
    •Earn One ticket for each $50 in products ordered!
    •Earn Two tickets for each friend or outside order you bring!
    •Earn Three tickets for booking a Show! (list months)
    •Earn Five tickets when you sign up to become a Pampered Chef Consultant & order your Starter Kit! (only $90 for over $350 worth of products/supplies)

Sep 14, 2006
  32. thechefofnorthbend

thechefofnorthbend Veteran Member

I saw, a few posts back, about the superbowl. Here are a few of the flyers i have come up with that are football, sports related, I guess. Hope you can use them! :)

Attached Files:

33. its_me_susan

its_me_susan Senior Member

ooops never mind

Jan 19, 2007
  34. PChef_ang

PChef_ang Member Gold Member

Thanks!!!

Thank you sooooo much for sharing!!! You guys rock!!!!:D

Feb 24, 2007
  35. Here are some more invites/flyers!

Here are some invites/flyers that I have used and really work well.

Attached Files:

Mar 31, 2007
  36. pcheftammy

pcheftammy Member

Here are a few I made.

Attached Files:

Apr 6, 2007
  37. abrahamlaur

abrahamlaur Advanced Member

is there someone that can convert those to word so I can change the info? those look great tammy, by the way! i really want to use the vegas night and the margaritaville one :) LOVE THEM!

Apr 22, 2007
  38. pcheftammy

pcheftammy Member

Here is the game for the Vegas Night theme. I had to retype it, so bare with me!

Attached Files:

Apr 23, 2007
  39. abrahamlaur

abrahamlaur Advanced Member

thanks alot tammy, i printed it out for my show this friday! i think they will like it! do you know if it will work with a no demo show?

Apr 23, 2007
  40. Thanks to everyone that posted the invites!!!

Jun 10, 2007
Have something to add?