• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Recipes Should I Include in My Themed Show Binder?

S
showmehow2
Help!! I'm putting together my theme show binder and am having a problem finding/thinking up recipes for my Desperate Housewives, Jimmy Buffett/Margaritaville and Hawaiin Luau theme shows.

For Desperate Housewives, I've got Lawnboy Lemonade and Apricot-Almond Baked Brie.

For my Hawiian Luau, I've got Luau Lemonade and Hawaiin dip w/fruit kebabs.

For my Buffet/Margaritaville show, I've got Slushie Margaritas & Cheeseburger Stuffed Calzone.

I don't need the actual recipes, just suggestions as to what recipes to offer. Most of the good ideas I have already, I got from this site. I can't begin to thank everyone enough for all the support that they give. I know everyone says it but that's because it's true! Thanks in advance to everyone!! Pam :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's are some...For the Margaritaville, at least.

Cheeseburger Stuffed Calzone

2 packages (11 oz. each) refrigerated French bread dough, divided
6 slices (3/4 oz. each) American pasteurized process cheese food
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup dill pickle slices, diced
3/4 cup ketchup
2 teaspoons yellow mustard
1 garlic clove, pressed
1 pound 95% lean ground beef, cooked, crumbled and drained
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup (1 oz.) grated fresh Parmesan cheese (optional)
Shredded lettuce, tomato slices and dill pickle slices (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 400 F. Unroll one package of the bread dough onto Large Round Stone; roll and stretch to edge of baking stone using Baker's Roller. Cut cheese slices in half and arrange evenly over dough to within 1 inch of edge.
2. Chop onion using Food Chopper. Dice pickles using Utility Knife. In Classis Batter Bowl, combine onion, pickles, ketchup, mustard and garlic pressed with Garlic Press; mix well. Add cooked ground beef; mix well. Spoon meat mixture over cheese; spread evenly. Unroll remaining dough directly over filling by matching top edges of dough and shaping to fit as dough is unrolled. Trim excess dough from corners using Pizza Cutter, forming an even edge. Roll and crimp edges to seal.
3. Drizzle oil over dough; spread evenly. If desired, grate Parmesan cheese over dough using Deluxe Cheese Grater. Using Pizza Cutter, make three crisscross cuts, about 6 inches long, across center of dough to vent. Bake 18-20 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cut into wedges. Serve with toppings, if desired.
Yield: 8 servings

Margarita Slushies

1 can frozen margarita mix or limade
1 can 7-UP
1 bottle Corona (no substitutions)
1 to 1 1/2 cups tequila

Hope this helps,
Sandy

Sounds like you have a great plan for each show! Here are few more suggestions:

Desperate Housewives: Better than Sex cake, Lemon Chicken Stir Fry

Hawaiian: Hawaiian Chicken Stir-Fry, Hawaiian Chicken Wreath, Luau Pizza, Paradise Dessert Pizza

Jimmy Buffet: Cheeseburger Ring, Strawberry Margarita Squares

DH recipe ideasHi Pam, I also just wanted to add an idea for your Desperate Housewives theme. I did one over the summer and I served "Tempting Tapas" from the celebrations recipe collection from last season. They were a big hit! Along with a recipe I found in a magazine called "Wysteria Hysteria". It was 1 liter of 7-up, 1 liter of mountain dew and 1/2 cup vodka. (You can always add more or less vodka :p ) And sliced lemons as a garnish on the glasses. You can never have too many ideas with recipes for theme shows!!

Desperate HousewivesPam, I bought the ALL YOU magazine for September, yesterday. On the second page there is an ad for the Desperate Housewives and it list some of their favorite recipes. This magazine is can be purchased at Wal-Mart.

Thanks!Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who responded so far and keep responding if you've got any ideas! I want to collect about 4 recipes for each show idea. Thanks again to everyone. You guys all have the most wonderful ideas! :rolleyes:

looking fro lawn boylemonade recipe !! I have the others but cannot seem to locat this one !! Iam working on a flyer and a invite and a shopping list, will post them when iam done !! :D

Awesome!This is a theme (Housewives) I never in a million years would have thought of!! I think it would be a hit--please let me know what you come up with!!

Katie Beeman
[email protected]

LemonadeThis is from another thread by scottcooks. I just "named" it Lawnboy Lemonade. Actually, I didn't name it, I got the idea from this site. ;) Here you go.

Fresh Lemonade - sells QSP and USG
3 large or 4 small lemons
1 c sugar
2 qt water

Slice lemons with USG V-shaped blade right into QSP. add 1c sugar, 2 qt water. Plunge until sugar is dissolved. Pour over ice in glasses. You can remake the recipe using the same lemons once, add another 1 C sugar, 2 qt water, plunge about 18-30 times. This recipe does not store more than 2 or 3 hours - you need to pour it out into another container (no lemon rind) to save it overnight. Raspberry Lemonade: crush 2 handfulls of raspberries before plunging - mix as above. Strawberry Lemonade: chop 4-6 strawberries, add before plunging. Float added strawberry slices in individual drings using ESP.

baked brie for desperate housewives partyPam,

What is the recipe for the apricot baked brie?

Amanda

1. What are some good recipe ideas for a Desperate Housewives theme show?

Some good recipe ideas for a Desperate Housewives theme show could include dishes that are elegant and sophisticated, such as a roasted chicken with herbs, a fancy salad with homemade dressing, or a decadent dessert like crème brûlée. You could also incorporate dishes that are commonly featured in the show, such as a classic pot roast or a rich pasta dish.

2. What are some refreshing drinks and appetizers to serve at a Hawaiian Luau theme show?

For drinks, you could offer tropical cocktails like Mai Tais or Pina Coladas, as well as non-alcoholic options like fruit punch or coconut water. As for appetizers, some ideas could include coconut shrimp, pineapple salsa, and teriyaki chicken skewers. And don't forget to serve some fresh tropical fruits like mango, papaya, and pineapple!

3. How can I incorporate Jimmy Buffett/Margaritaville into my theme show menu?

To incorporate the Jimmy Buffett/Margaritaville theme, you could serve frozen margaritas or other tropical cocktails, as well as dishes that are commonly associated with beach vacations, such as fish tacos, shrimp scampi, or grilled pineapple skewers. You could also add some island flair to your dishes by using ingredients like coconut, mango, and lime.

4. Where can I find inspiration for theme show recipes?

Some great places to find inspiration for theme show recipes include cookbooks, food blogs, and recipe websites. You could also search for recipes on social media platforms like Pinterest or Instagram, or even ask friends and family for their favorite dishes that fit the theme. Don't be afraid to get creative and put your own spin on classic recipes!

5. How can I make my theme show menu stand out?

To make your theme show menu stand out, you could incorporate unique or unexpected dishes that fit with the theme, such as a tropical twist on a classic dish or a fusion of different cuisines. You could also add some fun decorations or props to your food display, and consider offering interactive activities like a DIY cocktail bar or a build-your-own taco station. Don't be afraid to have fun and think outside the box!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sarahsellcm
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • bunksc
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
bunksc
  • PCJen