• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

theWebsite ~ Not Safe for Credit Cards?

In what emails does Pampered Chef transmit the complete credit card info? I think I'd...like to receive a notification in an email when someone inputs the info on my website.In summary
its_me_susan
I just got the following message (via my website) from a friend who IS computer savvy ~ does anyone have an intelligent response (I am new to PC and their websites):

This is not a secured web page. Any credit card information that is typed into this page is NOT encrypted as it is transmitted over the web. It can be intercepted or misdirected to anyone, and if someone follows the advise in your e-mail - THEIR CREDIT CARD INFO MAY BE USED BY ANY UNAUTHORIZED PERSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A web site must be secured by an SSL key for encryptions purposes for any sensitive transmitted data. PLEASE revise your e-mail so that people only call you from a land line, not a cell phone or mail you in order to pass you their credit card information

The Best Place...to ask about this would be the Home Office to get the correct information, and answer to this question. Please let us know what they say.

Ruth Mescher
Independent Kitchen Consultant
The Pampered Chef

Susan, After I Wrotemy first response to you, I went to my personal website, and went in like I was a customer placing an order. Well, when it got to the page for finalizing the order, there was a padlock icon which shows that it is a secure website, so I don't think the customers have anything to worry about when they place an order. A company with the integrity of The Pampered Chef would not let their customers place orders on an unsecured site.

Ruth Mescher
The Pampered Chef

cookerup said:
my first response to you, I went to my personal website, and went in like I was a customer placing an order. Well, when it got to the page for finalizing the order, there was a padlock icon which shows that it is a secure website, so I don't think the customers have anything to worry about when they place an order. A company with the integrity of The Pampered Chef would not let their customers place orders on an unsecured site.

Ruth Mescher
The Pampered Chef

Ruth that's what I thought! Thank you. I did send a copy of my question to the home office so I can show this friend (who can be rather stubborn about what she "knows"). I'm going to call her though. Did you happen to click on the padlock? where was it?

No I Didn't Click on it,but it was located with the little icons down along the bottom of the screen.
I'd like to know what Home Office tells you on that too, Susan.

You never know what questions etc, customers are going to come up with.

Ruth Mescher
The Pampered Chef
(Manning, IA)

totally safe...The actual way to see if a website is secure (and this is good info for anybody who does online shopping) is to look at the web address. Before you do any online shopping you should really check this. On the page you enter your credit card info it changes from http: to https: (which means secure). Our websites DO change to https: once you reach the credit card info page... It is completely safe for our customers and us.

I am sorry butI also work full time as a computer programer in Wisconsin. It would be absolute suicide for The Pampered Chef NOT to have secured those sites with encryption. There is no doubt about that. You've heard of the companies that accidentally gave out customer info? Millions of dollars were lost by those careless mistakes.
Assure your friend that the sites are secure. And as was pointed out, the padlock and the web address line will tell that tale.

Anser to the secure credit card questionHi all-
I contacted the home office and was told that all orders placed via our websites are secure. It seemed unlikely that a company like The Pampered Chef would risk the credit card numbers of customers but it's good to hear it for sure!

Aimee Wells said:
Hi all-
I contacted the home office and was told that all orders placed via our websites are secure. It seemed unlikely that a company like The Pampered Chef would risk the credit card numbers of customers but it's good to hear it for sure!

Right what my friend was warning againg was receiving credit card information from others by email ~ that is NOT safe, PC agreed with that. Too bad they don't provide a safe email for us to use. :p

Whenever I've receieved an email notice that a credit card order has been input on my site only the last 4 numbers of the credit card show and I have to go into my website to get the complete info. In what emails does Pampered Chef transmit the complete credit card info? I think I'd have to tell my friend that she is trying to smear a reputable companies name and to drop the topic. :rolleyes:

I just went back and read your OP and it sounds like her concern--from the last sentence of her email to you--is with an email that you sent? Am I reading that correctly? Because, yes, she's absolutely right that it's a BAD IDEA to email your credit card number to somebody. Calling to get the number is a better solution in that case but as she said, remember to use a land line not a cell phone.

Customers private to your privateI have a lady who will order via an e-mail instead of going to the web site. She blatantly puts in her CC number. That is where they are not secure!
I bet that is where your friend is talking about.
Anywhere within the two sites, our websites or the home offices, these are encrypted. And yes the CC number is never fully disclosed on the e-mail notification tot he host of a show nor int eh copy we get. We have tog o the website to get it then key it into the PP program.

Email OptionOne option for people who don't want to send their credit card number over the SECURED PC website but are willing to send it through an UNSECURED email is to put the number in a word document and password protect the document. Attach the document to an email then send a second email with the password to the document. I think this would just be more work but it's a heck of a lot more secure than sending their cc number through email! :)

Pampered Sofia said:
One option for people who don't want to send their credit card number over the SECURED PC website but are willing to send it through an UNSECURED email is to put the number in a word document and password protect the document. Attach the document to an email then send a second email with the password to the document. I think this would just be more work but it's a heck of a lot more secure than sending their cc number through email! :)

Oh wow that is a brilliant idea! Is it easy to password documents?

How to Password Protect Documents:D Absolutely!
Once you have your document ready to save go to file and click on Save As... From there click on the drop down menu Tools and click on Security Options. Here you will be able to type in a password to open and click ok, then you will prompted to retype your password for verification then click ok again. From here you go back to the save screen where you can edit the name of the document and choose where to have it saved, when finished click Save. That's it! Don't forget to send the password in a separate email though! If you send it in the same email it kind of defeats the purpose:)

Pampered Sofia said:
:D Absolutely!
Once you have your document ready to save go to file and click on Save As... From there click on the drop down menu Tools and click on Security Options. Here you will be able to type in a password to open and click ok, then you will prompted to retype your password for verification then click ok again. From here you go back to the save screen where you can edit the name of the document and choose where to have it saved, when finished click Save. That's it! Don't forget to send the password in a separate email though! If you send it in the same email it kind of defeats the purpose:)

very cool ~ thank you!

What is the "Website ~ Not Safe for Credit Cards"?

The "Website ~ Not Safe for Credit Cards" is a section of the Pampered Chef website that is not secure for entering credit card information. This means that any credit card information entered on this section of the website can potentially be accessed by unauthorized individuals.

Why is the "Website ~ Not Safe for Credit Cards" not secure?

The "Website ~ Not Safe for Credit Cards" is not secure because it does not have the proper encryption and security measures in place to protect sensitive information, such as credit card numbers, from being intercepted by hackers or other malicious individuals.

Can I still place an order on the "Website ~ Not Safe for Credit Cards"?

Yes, you can still place an order on the "Website ~ Not Safe for Credit Cards". However, we recommend using an alternative payment method, such as PayPal or a check, to ensure the security of your personal and financial information.

How do I know if I am on the "Website ~ Not Safe for Credit Cards"?

The "Website ~ Not Safe for Credit Cards" will typically have a warning or disclaimer on the page stating that it is not secure for entering credit card information. Additionally, you can check the URL of the page - if it starts with "http" instead of "https", it is not secure.

What should I do if I have already entered my credit card information on the "Website ~ Not Safe for Credit Cards"?

If you have already entered your credit card information on the "Website ~ Not Safe for Credit Cards", we recommend monitoring your credit card statements closely for any suspicious activity. You may also want to contact your credit card company to report the potential security breach and take necessary precautions to protect your personal and financial information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
mikecooks
  • ChefTS
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
pamperedgirl3
  • PamperedchefDaly