• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Earn a Trip to Paris Through Cooking Shows and Business Recruitment?

Awesome!! I know you can do it!

Go Lori! I'm buying you a margarita at Leadership to celebrate. Can't wait to see you and catch up in person again!

this afternoon I was down to needing $54, and talked to my mom while she was driving to my sister's house, she asked how close I was when I told her, she said order me the carafe.... I haven't hit submit yet, waiting till Saturday, but looks like I made it, holy crap, don't let me do this to myself next year.

legacypc46 said:
Go Lori! I'm buying you a margarita at Leadership to celebrate. Can't wait to see you and catch up in person again!

Your on!!! Can't wait to see you =)

Congratulatiosn Lori.

With all of this drinking going on - we are going to be some drunk cheffers!

hit submit, made it by $17, yeehaw!! Mexico here I come! =)

Awesome Lori! See ya there :)
Congrats!!!

Yeah, Lori!!!!!!!!

ChefLoriG said:
hit submit, made it by $17, yeehaw!! Mexico here I come! =)

Yay!! Congrats Lori!!!:D:D

Way to go Lori!

legacypc46 said:
Whew! First time I've had internet access in a week (my computer screen hasn't been working...I think Santa is bringing me a new laptop).

Anyhoo, Miami is official. :) Congrats to everyone who has earned their trip and 'go,go,go" to those who are almost there (ahem, Lori, that includes you, compadre)!

Becky, if you want to chat about Paris at all let me know. While living in Germany, France was a favorite destination. Would love to share some special destinations if you want them. :)

Can't wait to meet you Carolyn...and I love the trip credit too!

I would love to hear some suggestions on what to do! We'd love to do a tour of a champagne vineyard-is that what it's called (I just saw something on tv about this and it looked interesting) or some type of vineyard but I don't know how close these would be to Paris. I'd also love to tour a chateau. 20 years ago when I was in Paris as an exchange student, we went to Chateau de Chambord and I'd love to see something like that again. How far away is Versailles from Paris?

I'd love any suggestions on fun stuff to do. Thanks for the offer, Kris!:D

Should we start a new thread to keep track of the Disney Trip?

pamperedbecky said:
How far away is Versailles from Paris?
I'd love any suggestions on fun stuff to do. Thanks for the offer, Kris!:D

- Versailles is an easy day trip from Paris. I'm told Monet's Givenchy (sp?) Gardens is too (I haven't been).

- I don't know if you felt this way when you were there, but I believe Paris is all about food, art (to include fashion...though that isn't my thing), history, and experiencing the moment. So focus on those areas and and I think you'll have a bucket load of memories.

- Everyone feels compelled to go to the Louvre because of the Mona Lisa, but it's my least favorite museum. It seems their philisophy is if there's an inch of space left on a wall, to throw another picture up on it. It leaves me feeling overwhelmed.
My absolute favorite is the Museum d'Orsay (not checking my spelling!). If a small portrait warrants an entire wall to set it off, then they give it an entire wall. The art comes first. I visit this place everytime, I go to Paris. There is also reasonably priced cafeteria on the top floor with good food.

- Not sure what is 'fun' in your book. I like to just walk and explore (and nibble, drink, nibble, drink along the way). Pick an arrondissement or two to explore every day. Enjoy a leisurely late lunch/early dinner (cheaper that way) at outdoor cafes and people watch. Pick up some bites at a bakery and have a picnic lunch on the grounds around the Eiffel Tower, or the gardens of the Rodin Musuem, or the Tuileries.

- My favorite book to recommend is The Paris Shopping Companion by Susan Winkler. It isn't one of those snooty shopping books (though she includes the top boutiques as well as the bargain finds). I have all three editions and each is seriously dog-earred and marked up. I use it to explore the city. (It has great little maps in it.)
I go thru it and highlight anything that interests me and then plot my walk-abouts (and metro-abouts) based on what I want to see. This works even if you really don't want to buy anything. Because she mentions so many out of the way places, you end up experiencing the city the way a Parisian does, versus a tourist. She includes all kinds of historical and food highlights along the way.

- One of the most fabulous kitchen supply stores is E Dehillerin. It isn't touristy (though they get a lot of tourists). It consists shelves, bins, piles, and stacks of everything for your kitchen. (Be sure to bring your VAT form so you can get the tax back when you depart France.)

- The dollar stinks right now, so the better deals are in the department stores. A great 'local' store is Bazar De L'Hotel De Ville (BHV). It has everything you need for home improvements (dishes to door knobs). It's where I generally find my affordable take home items. It isn't a tourist hang-out, so the prices are more practical.

Shoot, I could go on and on. Seriously, order Winkler's book, highlight what interests you and then give me a call if you'd like. :)

Wow Kristin - I didn't see the word "wine" mentioned once!

Also, be careful at the Orsay - I got pick-pocketed there :(

pamperedlinda said:
Wow Kristin - I didn't see the word "wine" mentioned once!(

It was implied: ;)
I like to just walk and explore (and nibble, drink, nibble, drink along the way).

Becky, I forget to answer your question about the champagne vineyards. I'd think the tour agency PC hooks up with for Paris will offer those (I know when we were in London last year, there were all kinds of day trips available). If not, you can probably find one on the web...just make sure the tour is for english speakers (I made that mistake once!)

Anyway, the champagne region is about an hour, hour and a half from Paris. If you go, it isn't worth it unless they take you to the grand daddy of them all: the Moet et Chandon cellars in Epernay. All the cellar tours include tastings...and they are full glasses! (Yippee!) These tours usually include a side trip to Reims which has additional cellars...and one of the most famous (and oldest) churches in all of France, the one of Joan of Arc fame.

*whew* I got my flight info and we're all set! SO excited!!

legacypc46 said:
Becky, I forget to answer your question about the champagne vineyards. I'd think the tour agency PC hooks up with for Paris will offer those (I know when we were in London last year, there were all kinds of day trips available). If not, you can probably find one on the web...just make sure the tour is for english speakers (I made that mistake once!)

Anyway, the champagne region is about an hour, hour and a half from Paris. If you go, it isn't worth it unless they take you to the grand daddy of them all: the Moet et Chandon cellars in Epernay. All the cellar tours include tastings...and they are full glasses! (Yippee!) These tours usually include a side trip to Reims which has additional cellars...and one of the most famous (and oldest) churches in all of France, the one of Joan of Arc fame.

That's the one I saw on a travel special I saw on tv and that's what got me thinking about all of this. I didn't know that PC would have tour information available that we could sign up for! That would be great. Thanks for all your tips!! I'm sure I'll come up with questions for you. I will look into that book you recommend. First I need to get through the Disney book I'm trying to read to get tips for my family's trip there in 6 weeks!:)

I have never been on a PC trip before. Do we have to book our own flights and get re-imbursed or how does all that work?

This is my first trip, but they have a travel agency that set everything up and then just emailed me the flight info.

From what I understand, HO is currently in the process of double-checking everyone's status for the 2008 incentive. Sometime in Jan, everyone who earned a Level will receive an email officially notifying them and providing details on how to claim/process their incentive award (to include making travel arrangements).

You can choose to take the travel allowance and book your own flights or have PC's travel company take care of it all for you.

<h2>1. How can I earn enough points to qualify for the Paris trip?</h2><p>To earn enough points for the Paris trip, you can follow the 8+1 plan. This means submitting at least 8 cooking shows per month with an average sales of $700, and helping one person successfully start their business every month. This will earn you approximately 5,000 points per month, bringing you closer to your goal.</p><h2>2. What is the 8+1 plan?</h2><p>The 8+1 plan is a strategy for earning points towards the Paris trip. It involves submitting 8 cooking shows per month with an average sales of $700, and helping one person successfully start their business every month. This will earn you approximately 5,000 points per month.</p><h2>3. Can I earn points through catalog shows?</h2><p>Yes, you can earn points through catalog shows. For every $100 in sales from a catalog show, you will earn 1 point towards the trip.</p><h2>4. Do I have to earn Level 4 to qualify for the Paris trip?</h2><p>No, you do not have to earn Level 4 to qualify for the Paris trip. The 8+1 plan can help you earn enough points without reaching Level 4. However, if you do earn Level 4, you will earn additional points towards the trip.</p><h2>5. How many points do I need to qualify for the Paris trip?</h2><p>You will need a total of 74,990 points to qualify for the Paris trip. This can be earned through a combination of cooking shows, catalog shows, and helping others start their business.</p>

1. How can I earn enough points to qualify for the Paris trip?

To earn enough points for the Paris trip, you can follow the 8+1 plan. This means submitting at least 8 cooking shows per month with an average sales of $700, and helping one person successfully start their business every month. This will earn you approximately 5,000 points per month, bringing you closer to your goal.

2. What is the 8+1 plan?

The 8+1 plan is a strategy for earning points towards the Paris trip. It involves submitting 8 cooking shows per month with an average sales of $700, and helping one person successfully start their business every month. This will earn you approximately 5,000 points per month.

3. Can I earn points through catalog shows?

Yes, you can earn points through catalog shows. For every $100 in sales from a catalog show, you will earn 1 point towards the trip.

4. Do I have to earn Level 4 to qualify for the Paris trip?

No, you do not have to earn Level 4 to qualify for the Paris trip. The 8+1 plan can help you earn enough points without reaching Level 4. However, if you do earn Level 4, you will earn additional points towards the trip.

5. How many points do I need to qualify for the Paris trip?

You will need a total of 74,990 points to qualify for the Paris trip. This can be earned through a combination of cooking shows, catalog shows, and helping others start their business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcont
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
chefkathy
  • MORFIA
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Mel5497
Replies