• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Earn a Trip to Paris Through Cooking Shows and Business Recruitment?

M
Mel5497
Since Deb made us all realize with her TPC thread that we can set a huge goal and make it, I am throwing this one out there.

I seriously want the Paris trip, but I am currently at 31,143 points. I am 42,847 points shy. I ran the numbers and realized that if I adhere to the 8+1 plan, I have a chance. If I submit eight cooking shows a month (and maintain my $700 show average) and help one person a month successfully start her business, I will only be off by about 5K. So, it is doable. {I would love to earn Level 4 again, but I need to find some killer fundraisers to do that!}

My August is only at 5 cooking shows, but there are 4 catalog shows going on as well. My September has 10 cooking shows and 4 catalog shows so far.

My July recruit is on track to qualify and another is supposed to sign today. Two more are seriously considering the August promotion.

I'll cheer you on! :D:D
I'm too far out right now to even attempt to dream about it. Can't wait to hear your progress!!

I'm right there with you Kris!

I'm at 40,069. We can do it! I know that Miami is in my grasp, but I'd love Paris. Let's do it together. Oh, I can already taste that french wine...
DrinkWineCheersHappy.gif

I'm going for Aruba! I'm 32,840 points away with 4 unqualified recruits.

If I sell $4000 each month and qualify 5 more consultants, I'll make it.

My August only has 3 more shows and September only has 5 shows (including 2 of my own). I'm getting on the phone this week to get some booked.

I'm worried that one of my girls won't qualify......she told me at the beginning that she wouldn't be doing this for anything other than the discount but she also promised me she wouldn't go inactive before qualifying!!! GRRRRRR.

At this point, I am the same as Leggy with sales but where I lag is qualified recruits. I only have ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have one that did NOTHING and will probably go inactive at the end of August.

Another just signed, but because it took her 3 years to do so, I am having my doubts.

One that said she is going to sign has not. One is supposed to sign in September. One tried to sign, however, she thought the kit was only $57 so she may feel that she was tricked (even though she did not read enough)

No offense to anyone in Miami, but I want level 3 or it will be a gift card. At this current time, however, I am not even qualified for Level One.:cry:

Not liking this higher recruit requirement, however, this has been my stinkiest year in recruiting since I started 8 years ago.

Let's all do it! I love the encouragement in this thread.....

I am at 60,700 and would love to make level 4. It would be a first!

I am all set for Level 2. I don't really want my first trip w/ PC to be Miami, but I will be stoked to finally earn a trip after 5 years. I currently have about 36,000 points and really really want Paris; however, my show schedule stinks! I can't give away shows right now! AND I need to recruit. Thankfully I have already met the recruiting requirement for the Paris trip oops no I haven't I need 2 more to hit it. To make it I would have to recruit and qualify at least 5 more so that's not an issue anyway!

Help me see that I can still reach it! Even though my shows are none exsistent and my recruits are scarce! I want to go to Paris. I would settle for Miami, but I REALLY WANT PARIS!!

It looks like it will be Miami for me too... but I'm not giving up the dream of paris. I worked the numbers this morning and Paris is POSSIBLE with a lot of recruiting. But that's the plan anyway so we'll see!!!!

I have been making my goal pretty well-known, but I want PARIS!! I'm on track, but my sales have been terrible lately and for the first time ever I dread doing phone calls and just don't make the time, so my bookings are suffering. BUT luckily recruiting is good and that's what will save me.

I have 46038 points and when one of my newer consultants submits her most recent show, she'll qualify and I'll then have 48038! I still have four consultants after her to qualify. Two are about half way there. So, if they all qualify before going inactive, that would be 8000 more points. Holy cow. And I think I may have as many as 3 more recruits this month, so that is truly what will save me. Especially if I can keep that up.

I just wish my bookings didn't suck!!:(:(

If I earn Miami, I'd probably just take the gift card option because the trip is at a time that my parents couldn't watch the kids and we probably wouldn't want to take them with quite yet (we're waiting for Disney to do that!!:)). And for those of you who haven't been on a trip yet - no matter which level, it's an AWESOME trip!!! They do such a great job and even if you earn level 2, but you really want level 3, still go if you can!!!!

But we can all get there!!!! Come on-let's do it!!!:chef::chef::chef:

I want the Mexican Riviera but it's gonna be tough! The first half of my year has been good! But I've drastically slowed down and I might be moving in a couple months and I know that will have an impact no matter what. So, I might have to be happy with Miami, which would still be cool. My marriage is a mess, and as Kris could attest, has been for a while. I'm pretty sure I'll be leaving by the end of the year. I've really just reached my limit and no matter what he says, it's just too little too late (who remembers that song?). I'll likely move back to Ohio but I do worry how much my business will thrive in my small hometown. I have no problem branching out but I know there will be limits.So, bottom line in, I'm still shooting for the Mexican Riviera but I won't be disappointed with Miami. I'm actually only just over 10,000 away from Miami and I have 3 consultants who haven't qualified yet. So, we shall see!

Debi said:
I want the Mexican Riviera but it's gonna be tough! The first half of my year has been good! But I've drastically slowed down and I might be moving in a couple months and I know that will have an impact no matter what. So, I might have to be happy with Miami, which would still be cool.

My marriage is a mess, and as Kris could attest, has been for a while. I'm pretty sure I'll be leaving by the end of the year. I've really just reached my limit and no matter what he says, it's just too little too late (who remembers that song?). I'll likely move back to Ohio but I do worry how much my business will thrive in my small hometown. I have no problem branching out but I know there will be limits.

So, bottom line in, I'm still shooting for the Mexican Riviera but I won't be disappointed with Miami. I'm actually only just over 10,000 away from Miami and I have 3 consultants who haven't qualified yet. So, we shall see!

Hey Debi
I just wanted to say I'm sorry to hear about the marriage troubles. That's too bad and I know it's SO stressful. Maybe having a "fresh start" will be good for you and for your business, even though it's hard to start over. I also know how easy it is for the business to take a backseat during stressful times like that. I've had some recent marriage bumps myself and it's hard to be motivated in other areas when that's not going so great.

But you can do it!! Set your goals and you never know what will happen. Good luck to you!!!! The Mexico trip IS still within reach!!

pamperedbecky said:
Hey Debi
I just wanted to say I'm sorry to hear about the marriage troubles. That's too bad and I know it's SO stressful. Maybe having a "fresh start" will be good for you and for your business, even though it's hard to start over. I also know how easy it is for the business to take a backseat during stressful times like that. I've had some recent marriage bumps myself and it's hard to be motivated in other areas when that's not going so great.

But you can do it!! Set your goals and you never know what will happen. Good luck to you!!!! The Mexico trip IS still within reach!!

That's exactly what I'm trying very hard not to let happen, my business taking a backseat! Anything stressful can be such a distraction! But if I don't want to have to work full time elsewhere, I have to do what I have to do!

Thanks for the encouragement! And good luck to you too! We can all get to our goals this year!!!!! We have plenty of time and motivation to make them happen!

Hey Debi, don't worry about moving to a small town. The one I moved to is 17K, but business is good and steady (finally). Start sharing with folks at your shows that you are from Ohio and looking for potential referrals there (you can always say you're thinking of going there on leave). Seriously, it only takes a couple shows in a new place to start the booking threads going. (Sorry to hear the update, but, well, I'm keeping my mouth shut. I just want you to do what's right for you!)

Okay, let's make this posting the one we keep up-to-date. Add you info to the following if you want to play. :) Then, when you have an update, copy it into a new post and change your numbers. (Please, if you have a better way, suggest it!) I'll start:

Kris (aka Leggy)
Goal: Paris (Level 3) - 74,000 points and 6 qualified recruits
Have: 31,143 points - 2 qualified - 1 working to qualify
Need: 42,847 points - 4 to qualify

Linda
Have: 40,069 points - ? qualified - ? working to qualify
Need: 33,931 points - ? to qualify

Lastly, for those of you not too excited about South Beach. It is quite a place to see! The food is fabulous and the whole place has a unique energy. The hotel just went thru a MAJOR refurbishment. Should be very very nice.

legacypc46 said:
Okay, let's make this posting the one we keep up-to-date. Add you info to the following if you want to play. :) Then, when you have an update, copy it into a new post and change your numbers. (Please, if you have a better way, suggest it!) I'll start:

Kris (aka Leggy)

Linda

Ok, hopefully I'm adding this right!

Becky
Have: 46,038 points - 3 qualified - 1 just about to qualify
Need: 27,962 points - 3 to qualify

I really don't know any other way to do this other than putting it in our signature line. Maybe we need to start a new thread just about this and updates?? I'm not sure the best way to do it either.:eek:

Linda
Have: 40,069 points - 4 qualified - 0 working to qualify
Need: 33,931 points - 2 to qualify

I grew-up in Miami and I'm excitd for this trip (actually more so than Paris, but DH wants Paris). I haven't seen the Fountainbleu since the early 80's and it was absolutely gorgeous then, I can only imagine how nice it is now! Plus, we'll get to see Carolyn!

Debi
Goal: Mexico (Level 3) - 74,000 points and 6 qualified recruits
Have: 41,538 points - 6 qualified - 3 more working on it
Need: 20,462 points and the 3 to qualify

Oh my gosh Debi, you can so do this! Book your Sep/Oct/Nov like crazy...you know how much everyone loves PC over there! And keep growing your team. You are so on track for TPC in recruiting!

I'm so excited for you too Becky. You are doing great!

Okay Linda, let's partner up. Paris is my favorite city in Europe (having been stationed in Germany, visiting there was easy to do). We'll have a blast...we just have to get there! :)

You guys kick BUTT!
I love this place, truly :)
Kris (aka Leggy)

Linda

Cheryl (aka Koolotus)
Goal: MEXICO (level 3) -74,000 points 6 qualified recruits
Have: 40,070 -5 qualified 4-working to qualify
Need :33,930 and more recruiting points to help!

THANKS!

Yes, the Fountainbleau is PHENOMENAL and the restaurants in teh area are amazing and the people-watchin gis the best - the beaches are pristine - it's amazing!
We live about 50 minutes away from South Beach and DH and I spent a night at teh FB Hotel for our 1st anniversary - it was WONDERFUL!!!

Anyway:
Carolyn
Goal: Mexico (Level 3) - 74,000 points and 6 qualified recruits
Have: 47,348 points - 2 qualified - 6 who should be working to qualify...
Need: 26,652points - 4 to qualify

Sandra
Goal: Paris (Level 3) - 74,000 and 6 qualified recruits
Have: 35,796 - 4 qualified 0 working to qualify
Need: 38,204 - 2 to qualify

Debi said:
My marriage is a mess, and as Kris could attest, has been for a while. I'm pretty sure I'll be leaving by the end of the year. I've really just reached my limit and no matter what he says, it's just too little too late (who remembers that song?). I'll likely move back to Ohio but I do worry how much my business will thrive in my small hometown. I have no problem branching out but I know there will be limits.

Deb I'm sorry to hear about your marriage troubles! It was so nice meeting you at National Conference. You are a BLAST girl. Keep your chin up and I'll be praying for you and for God's will to be done in your marriage and life!

{{{{hugs deb!!!}}}}

I am in........would love Mexico but I am going to be realistic and set my sights on a 15th Anniversary trip to Miami!

Margaret (aka chefmeg)
MIAMI-need 52,ooo and 4 qualified
HAVE~23,397 1 qualified (2 newly recruited)
NEED~28603 3 more to qualify

Well, having some problems with my neck....and after lower spinal surgery only 4 years ago, I am afraid that the problem in my neck may be worse than I first anticipated.

I am going to my spinal surgeon at Northwestern in Chicago the first week of Sept, and am having an MRI on Thursday. I am NOT having anything done til after we go to MEXICO!

I'll play along...

Janice --
Mexico (Level 3), 74,000 + 6 qualified recruits
have 60,700 points, 6 qualified recruits
need 13,300 points, 0 recruits

jwpamp said:
Well, having some problems with my neck....and after lower spinal surgery only 4 years ago, I am afraid that the problem may be worse than I first anticipated.

I am going to my spinal surgeon at Northwestern in Chicago the first week of Sept, and am having an MRI on Thursday. I am NOT having anything done til after we go to MEXICO!

I'll play along...

Janice --

Oh, you are so there! Goodness Janice! Way to go! Please take care of your back! Don't wait too long to take care of yourself.

jwpamp said:
Well, having some problems with my neck....and after lower spinal surgery only 4 years ago, I am afraid that the problem in my neck may be worse than I first anticipated.

I'll play along...

Janice --

Wow, Janice. Good luck with your MRI and your appointments! I hope it's not as bad as you think.

And WAY TO GO on those points! That's awesome!!!! Mexico, here you come!:D

I have an update already. Woo hoo!!! My consultant who had a $1000 first show submitted her 2nd show and qualified. Yay!

Becky
Have: 48,038 points - 4 qualified - 3 still to qualify
Need: 25,962 points - 2 to qualify

Woo-hoo Becky! This is the best kind of update: a qualified team member! :)

Great job everyone on here! You guys are ROCKIN!!! :D:D

Debi, I'm so sorry about your troubles. We're here for you whenever you need to talk.

Janice, please don't wait to long with your neck. I work as a chiropractic asst and I see what happens with neck and back problems all the time.

Great Job Becky! You'll get it and Vinnie will be oh so happy!

Meg, I'm with you!!!

Kristi
Goal: Miami (Level 2) need 52,000, 4 qualified recruits
Have: 27,155, 3 qualified
Need: 24,845,1 qualified

I do have 4 new team members that need to qualify still though!

Colleen
Goal: Miami (Level 2) need 52,000, 4 qualified recruits
Have: 29,234, 3 qualified
Need: 22,766, 1 qualifiedMy #4 is $221 away from qualifying.

pamperedbecky said:
I have an update already. Woo hoo!!! My consultant who had a $1000 first show submitted her 2nd show and qualified. Yay!

Becky
Have: 48,038 points - 4 qualified - 3 still to qualify
Need: 25,962 points - 2 to qualify

That's awesome, Becky!!

Ok, so Mexico has always been my goal. I had a great beginning of the year and it hasn't been great since May I guess. I realized that Miami is during my spring break and so I won't have to take any days without pay (which I truly can't afford). Goals are meant to be adjusted, right?!?!?!

Jennifer
Goal: Miami (Level 2) - 52,000 points and 4 qualified recruits
Have: 35440 - 6 qualified - 1 still to qualify
Need: 16560 - 0 to qualify

Ok so my real goal is Paris but my booking are horrible right now so I am putting two goals down.

Goal Paris (Level 3)--74,000, 6 recruits
Have:31,516, 4 qualified
Need:42,484 waiting on 1, need to recruit 1 more (really more)

Goal: (More Realistic) Miami (Level 2) need 52,000, 4 qualified recruits
Have:31,516, 4 qualified
Need:20,484 points

I have an open house that just got delayed by this tropical storm but hopefully from that I will reach my 1250 for this month and then get bookings to start my fall off with a bang. I need like 15 bookings a month to make Paris. My calendar has never been that full but I would love it to be. I am going to start making phone calls as soon as this storm passes over.

Pray that this storm it starts to disappate or at least moves away as it is stalled right over top of us and has dumped at least 10 inches of rain in two days.

Kris (aka Leggy)
Have: 31,143 points - 2 qualified - 2 working to qualify

Woo-hoo, my 'mini-janice' signed today. Has already called wanting to start her on-line training...explained that she can as soon as HO sends her password. :)

I want to sign a mini-janice!!!!

I want to sign a Janice, a Kritin (Leggy), a Becky, and a Morfia!!! Clone yourselves for me please!

I will post my realistic Miami, but I really want Paris!!

Goal Miami - 52,000, 4 qualified recruits
Have: 35,796 - 4 qualified 0 working to qualify
Need: 16,204 - 0 to qualify

This makes me feel a bit better!

Have:31,222, 0 qualified (one just signed...one molding and about to drop off the vine)
Need:42,778 waiting on 1 to sign, need to recruit 5 more and qualify 6.

Egads...this scares the you know what out of me. I have the busiest time of the year about to burst open on me and my show schedule looks only slightly better than my recruiting...which is really stinky this year.

Shoot for the stars!!!:chef:

I love the "one molding" phrase. I've had several of those this year!!!:mad:

iteachurkid said:
Ok, so Mexico has always been my goal. I had a great beginning of the year and it hasn't been great since May I guess. I realized that Miami is during my spring break and so I won't have to take any days without pay (which I truly can't afford). Goals are meant to be adjusted, right?!?!?!

Jennifer
Goal: Miami (Level 2) - 52,000 points and 4 qualified recruits
Have: 35440 - 6 qualified - 1 still to qualify
Need: 16560 - 0 to qualify

JEN!!!!!!!!!! we ARE going to Miami together!!!! Do you hear me girl???? We can do this!!!!

baychef said:
Have:31,222, 0 qualified (one just signed...one molding and about to drop off the vine)Need:42,778 waiting on 1 to sign, need to recruit 5 more and qualify 6.

Thanks for the chuckle. I had one of those...she finally dropped the end of last month. Even though she was only one show short of qualifying....

chefmeg said:
JEN!!!!!!!!!! we ARE going to Miami together!!!! Do you hear me girl???? We can do this!!!!

Sounds like a plan to me!! I was kind of disappointed when I realized (or accepted the realization) that the chances of Mexico were slim. I'm excited about Miami though. I won't have to take time off school which will be great. Sub plans are such a pain and make you not want to go away and the thought of 3 days without pay is scary!! Now that I get to go with my good pal Margaret, I'm even more excited!!! Gotta get on the phone, gotta get on the phone!!!

I know you guys (and me!) can do it!! Get on the phone, book shows and recruit!! =)

Goal: Unsure(Level 3) - 74,000 points and 6 qualified recruits
Have: 59,131 points - 8 qualified - 1 working to qualify
Need: points - 14,869.00 and 0 to qualify..

I am having trouble deciding which trip.. the DH doesn't want to go to Paris...

I would love to earn the level 4 trip.....i don't care to where !!!

Well, I'm inching closer and closer. I have an update.:) I had a new consultant qualify and had another sign in the past few days. Woo hoo!!

Becky
Have: 50,053 points - 5 qualified - 4 still working on it
Need: 23,947 points - 1 to qualify

Becky, you are soooooo close!
Good for you :)

Koolotus said:
Becky, you are soooooo close!
Good for you :)

Let's just hope my show schedule picks up!!! I'll be crossing my fingers and toes.

Anyone else have updates? I like looking forward to posting when things change - it totally helps me!!!

Woo-hoo! At the rate you're going, you may have to adjust your goal to Level 4!

<h2>1. How can I earn enough points to qualify for the Paris trip?</h2><p>To earn enough points for the Paris trip, you can follow the 8+1 plan. This means submitting at least 8 cooking shows per month with an average sales of $700, and helping one person successfully start their business every month. This will earn you approximately 5,000 points per month, bringing you closer to your goal.</p><h2>2. What is the 8+1 plan?</h2><p>The 8+1 plan is a strategy for earning points towards the Paris trip. It involves submitting 8 cooking shows per month with an average sales of $700, and helping one person successfully start their business every month. This will earn you approximately 5,000 points per month.</p><h2>3. Can I earn points through catalog shows?</h2><p>Yes, you can earn points through catalog shows. For every $100 in sales from a catalog show, you will earn 1 point towards the trip.</p><h2>4. Do I have to earn Level 4 to qualify for the Paris trip?</h2><p>No, you do not have to earn Level 4 to qualify for the Paris trip. The 8+1 plan can help you earn enough points without reaching Level 4. However, if you do earn Level 4, you will earn additional points towards the trip.</p><h2>5. How many points do I need to qualify for the Paris trip?</h2><p>You will need a total of 74,990 points to qualify for the Paris trip. This can be earned through a combination of cooking shows, catalog shows, and helping others start their business.</p>

1. How can I earn enough points to qualify for the Paris trip?

To earn enough points for the Paris trip, you can follow the 8+1 plan. This means submitting at least 8 cooking shows per month with an average sales of $700, and helping one person successfully start their business every month. This will earn you approximately 5,000 points per month, bringing you closer to your goal.

2. What is the 8+1 plan?

The 8+1 plan is a strategy for earning points towards the Paris trip. It involves submitting 8 cooking shows per month with an average sales of $700, and helping one person successfully start their business every month. This will earn you approximately 5,000 points per month.

3. Can I earn points through catalog shows?

Yes, you can earn points through catalog shows. For every $100 in sales from a catalog show, you will earn 1 point towards the trip.

4. Do I have to earn Level 4 to qualify for the Paris trip?

No, you do not have to earn Level 4 to qualify for the Paris trip. The 8+1 plan can help you earn enough points without reaching Level 4. However, if you do earn Level 4, you will earn additional points towards the trip.

5. How many points do I need to qualify for the Paris trip?

You will need a total of 74,990 points to qualify for the Paris trip. This can be earned through a combination of cooking shows, catalog shows, and helping others start their business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcont
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
chefkathy
  • MORFIA
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Mel5497
Replies