• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

theThing My Husband Did That Made Me Shake My Head...

In summary, Dave is mad that his daughter is wearing footed jammies and he wants her to stop wearing them. He is asking her mother if she can address the issue with someone else.
AJPratt
Silver Member
BACKGROUND: My daughter (15 mos) is wearing 18mo footed jammies. She is short, so the feet kind of move. We pull them up, but she pulls them down and sometimes slides. Since we mostly have carpet, its not really a problem. I get home, I notice Mary is in her jammies, ready for bed. Nice!

THE "INCIDENT": I am busy making dinner after a really long day. Apparantly, Mary slipped in the kitchen and landed on her tush, didn't even notice. Well, Dave comes right up to me and lays down his ruling: "I don't want her in those pajamas anymore. They aren't safe. She hurts herself!!" I say, "Well, then, don't put her in them anymore." He gets mad at me, mutters something, and stomps away. Its not like *I* dressed her. :confused::confused::confused:

LOL!!!

That made me laugh! It's still making my laugh. Soooo funny!

LOL Men are so funny sometimes!

Then he said to me, "You know, I came to you with a problem... I needed help." I said, "Well, who would you like me to address the issue with? I didn't put her in them. If I had, I would have ageed with you." (Are we REALLY having this discussion?) :rolleyes:

Hmmm...did she scream and cry or just go on about her playing? If she didn't get upset, he needs to get over it! Things will be a little big on children... Geez I don't wear tight PJs! LOL! Maybe he needs a chill pill! Sorry but being Mamaw to a 3 yo and 14 mo old, they fall...they slip... If it is not serious (as in bruises/cuts etc.), we go on and try to just brush it aside. He should realize if he overreacts at each incident, she will whine about everything! I can imagine she needs the footie PJs because she is like my granddaughter who leaves her socks and blanket on about 2 minutes at the most! :)

She didn't make much of a fuss when she landed on her bottom. He does overract and its been hard.

we had that problem with our daughter when she was little, get some of those big hair band things, and put one on each ankle, tight enough to keep the foot in, but not too tight tight to cut off the circulation. I used to use the big ones with regular elastic, not the little ones that remind me of rubberbands.

My DH freaks out over the littlest things. You would think he's the first time parent, not me. Hubbies can be frustrating yet entertaining all at the same time :D

My dh is a safety engineer, in charge of employee safety for a large utility here in Southern CA. We are ridiculously safety concious here--it drives my kids nuts. But when they were little and they would fall we would fast check to make sure nothing was hurt badly and then say "oops. boom" and go on. That was the phrase around here a lot, LOL.

Since she landed in her tush in her diaper, I'm sure she didn't even feel it! My daughter is a squirt and everything on her legs and arms is too long..it happens!

If she had fallen over a carpet or a bumped her head on an end table or something would your husband say he was going to pull the carpet up and go to hardwood floors or remove all objects that she could bump herself on?

Nothing to worry about, I'd have told him if she's not crying over it, why is he? LOL

Tell me about it, girls! Well, my husband comes from a very melodramatic family, so I guess I shouldn't too surprised.

My husband is twice as bad about this with our daughter as he is with our son! It has to be a dad thing with his "little princess". He was never this protective with our son, I can only imagine of the things to come, our daughter is only 2 1/2 months old!

Nanisu said:
My dh is a safety engineer, in charge of employee safety for a large utility here in Southern CA. We are ridiculously safety concious here--it drives my kids nuts. But when they were little and they would fall we would fast check to make sure nothing was hurt badly and then say "oops. boom" and go on. That was the phrase around here a lot, LOL.

Same in our house!!!

And, Lori G, great idea! Easy and inexpensive fix.

Ladies ~ it doesn't matter. My husband totally freaks out over everything that happens with our son. Now grant it, he's just getting ready to turn three next month, but he's huge - he's in a 4T already! He's over 33" tall and over 40lbs. He's supposed to be 6'8" by the time he turns 18. Nothing is keeping this kid down (Anne you know how he is). But my husband totally loses it. And makes it much worse than it would be if he would just be quiet. And the best part of this is..........................

my husband is a combat infantry soldier! Yep, that's right. Active duty Army. Front lines infantry. Totally taken out by a (not quite) three year old!

Well, Sharon, hearing that makes me feel better! There is no hope for my husband! LOL I can't believe how big your boy is getting! You'll have to post pics once you get settled in!

Ladies - man's point of view. FIND OUT WHAT IS REALLY BOTHERING THEM. You know these goofy trite little things he is blowing up about are STUPID. So does he! He won't admit it, but he knows. It usually means that there is something bigger wrong they WILL NOT talk about. Anne, you already what is on your hubby's mind and if I am not mistaken, with that issue, he rarely gets angry about. I did that A LOT with all our problems. I never got mad about the money issues. Instead I nearly decapitated Pat verbally about leaving a glass on the coffee table! I mean really. Men don't deal with emotions with any amount of knowledge. We need to get out the real crap but for some reason, we can't. So it comes out else where. Oh well - MEN!

pampered1224 said:
Ladies - man's point of view. FIND OUT WHAT IS REALLY BOTHERING THEM. You know these goofy trite little things he is blowing up about are STUPID. So does he! He won't admit it, but he knows. It usually means that there is something bigger wrong they WILL NOT talk about. Anne, you already what is on your hubby's mind and if I am not mistaken, with that issue, he rarely gets angry about. I did that A LOT with all our problems. I never got mad about the money issues. Instead I nearly decapitated Pat verbally about leaving a glass on the coffee table! I mean really. Men don't deal with emotions with any amount of knowledge. We need to get out the real crap but for some reason, we can't. So it comes out else where. Oh well - MEN!

John - you are awesome! (and brutally honest. :love:)

Thanks I try. Or should that be "trying"?

Well, I am sorry about this but I will now quote my favorite singer - Gloria Gaynor and you all know why!!

"I will survive" even if I am a man!!!

Thanks, John! Yes, there is a MUCH bigger issue at play. I left you a message! Call me!!!

1. Why is this product called "theThing My Husband Did That Made Me Shake My Head..."?

The product is named "theThing My Husband Did That Made Me Shake My Head..." because it was inspired by the funny and relatable moments that many wives experience with their husbands in the kitchen. The name adds a playful and humorous touch to the product.

2. What is the purpose of "theThing My Husband Did That Made Me Shake My Head..."?

"theThing My Husband Did That Made Me Shake My Head..." is a multi-functional kitchen tool designed to make cooking and meal preparation easier and more efficient. It can be used for chopping, mixing, and even serving food.

3. How is "theThing My Husband Did That Made Me Shake My Head..." different from other kitchen tools?

One of the key features that sets "theThing My Husband Did That Made Me Shake My Head..." apart from other kitchen tools is its unique design. It is a compact and versatile tool that combines multiple functions into one, making it a space-saving and convenient addition to any kitchen.

4. Is "theThing My Husband Did That Made Me Shake My Head..." dishwasher safe?

Yes, "theThing My Husband Did That Made Me Shake My Head..." is dishwasher safe. It is made with high-quality and durable materials that can withstand the heat and pressure of a dishwasher without getting damaged.

5. Can "theThing My Husband Did That Made Me Shake My Head..." be used for both hot and cold foods?

Yes, "theThing My Husband Did That Made Me Shake My Head..." is safe to use with both hot and cold foods. It is made with food-grade materials that are heat-resistant and can also withstand cold temperatures, making it a versatile tool for all types of food preparation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • chefcharity
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • ChefBeckyD