• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Please Pray for My Sick Sons and Me?

In summary, the three children in the conversation are all experiencing different forms of the stomach bug. Middle son Gus is recovering, but is still dealing with diarrhea. William is also dealing with diarrhea, but is doing better than Gus. Bobbi is praying for everyone, and Amanda is providing a summary of the content and providing information on how to help with the stomach bug.
Crystal Patton
If everyone could please pray for my youngest and middle son.

Middle son, Gus (almost 4) started throwing-up Sunday morning and has had diarrhea since Tuesday night. Took him to the doctor and they said it's just a nasty bug - no fever. He seems on the mend, but is still dealing with diarrhea. This morning at 4am my youngest, William (almost 2) had diarrhea, so now he has the bug.:yuck: Please pray for the Lord to help heal their little insides.

While your at it, toss me in there too. I doing this alone since the jerk I'm married to had a temper tantrum Tuesday night and left without saying a word to me. He hasn't been home since.

Thank you ladies! I feel silly asking for prayer when there are so many other, more important things that need Gods attention.

This is important! Luckily, God listens to the little and big prayers. Take care of yourself as well as you can. Lots of hand cleaning, showers, cleaning linens. It's hard with little ones because they aren't big enough to really help. With throwing up, I know that you have to be VERY aware of the amount of liquid they get. It's hard, but seems to help if they really want nothing in their tummy. Also, could it be a stress reaction too?? I'm sorry to hear that you are having a hard week. Lean on God. He's there for you!

Thank you Jules! Sometimes I need a reminder that the Lord is strong enough, even when I am not.

As for the shower - the one this morning (at 4am) with the littlest man was a trial - I'm out of wipes so we had to 'power-wash' his little bum, he wasn't happy - poor thing.

Praying for you and the boys chica! God is good, and always ready for your needs.

we had it a few months ago- so I feel for you. I wish I could offer some advice to make it better. My son (8) just sipped room-temp "Smart Water" (has electrolytes in it but tastes like regular water- a great find for us!) and just laid on the couch watching cartoons/movies for a week. It just wiped him out. To help with the diarrhea accidents, I let him wear G'nite pull-ups. Hang in there.

It is in my house this week too! Took me out from Tuesday until yesterday...I finally feel normal this morning!
I have to get better since I don't want to miss a SECOND of No Doubt on Monday night in Raleigh!!!!!!!

Oh I'm so sorry to hear you having to deal with this. The stomach bug is the nastiest and most time consuming illness. Hang in there! And now you're out of wipes?!! Can someone run to the store for you? Once they are through the throwing up phase, things that are good for transitioning their tummies are: flat gingerale, bananas, rice, applesauce or toast. Hope they get better soon! :) Praying for you!

You guys are awesome!!

Bobbi - where can I find Smart Water? My kids are sooo picky and they don't really like sugary drinks so fluid replacement is a real struggle.

Amanda - I forgot about the rice & toast, I have bannanas & applesauce. My mom is at work and my DH is MIA, I can't get any help till 2pm this afternoon. Until then I'll be making my own wipes.

And the rice also tastes better if you cook it w/ chicken broth (since you should avoid using butter right now) :)

I'm so sorry to hear you little ones are in distress! And you too; I'll definitely pray for you getting strong and being a better mommy without a not good man around (I'm being nice because I don't know the whole story!)

I found "Smart water" about anywhere bottled water is sold. They come in 33.8 oz bottles- very tall bottle (so look on the higher shelves). I would just pour some into their glass and leave the rest out on the counter so it stayed room-temp. One big bottle was MORE than enough for the few days.Walmart around me had the best prices on it (less than $2 a bottle)- but I first found it at either our local drug store or the local grocery store for just a little bit more (and it's not a fancy chain)- so most SHOULD have it.Oh and when my oldest had it, he couldn't keep ANYTHING down for days. When I took him to Urgent Care at my peds recommendation to make sure he wasn't showing signs of dehydration (he wasn't amazingly)- they gave us a prescription for an anti-nausea medicine. He gave him a shot of one too to help it start working right away- but the anti-nausea stuff was great to settle the tummy a bit. My youngest used it later, and then I ended up using it to help with the vomitting- so if that doesn't stop- you may want to ask about it. I don't recall the name of it though...but it's fairly common so they should know what you are talking about and can advise.

Thanks guys! The vomiting has stopped (it might have something to do with you all;)) now we are getting the issues at the other end. :yuck: But Gus is doing MUCH better and seems to be on the mend for sure. William just wants me to hold him, which is fine with me as I have him sip his water every couple of minutes.

Keep it up ladies, it' working!:thumbup:

As to my DH, this isn't his first temper tantrum, it's just not the best time for me to have to deal with it. LOL

OK ladies - both the little ones are MUCH better so thanks for all the prayers!! Now my oldest, Wyatt (7yo) has it, fortunately he is old enough to hit a bucket, so the washer will have a bit of a rest (knock on wood).
Please pray or him to heal quickly, he has soccer camp starting tomorrow and he is very upset he might miss it. He LOVES soccer and paid for this camp with his own money.

DH is still MIA. &%$^@# sigh

May God take this virus from your home, allow your son to attend camp and be rewarded for his responsible act of using his money. May your hubby get the bug. = X

Sorry. It's not cool that you have had to deal with this crisis on your own. But you have done a most excellent job and should get major brownie momma points in heaven. Prayers being sent!

P.S.

When your DH returns, and if he's ill....let him clean up his own mess, get his own meds.....

Just don't send your son if he hasn't been over it for awhile. Not very nice to pass it on to all of the kids at the camp. Not fun for him, but the kinder thing to do. Maybe he can attend after he's better?

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
May God take this virus from your home, allow your son to attend camp and be rewarded for his responsible act of using his money. May your hubby get the bug. = X

Sorry. It's not cool that you have had to deal with this crisis on your own. But you have done a most excellent job and should get major brownie momma points in heaven. Prayers being sent!

P.S.

When your DH returns, and if he's ill....let him clean up his own mess, get his own meds.....

LMButtO!!! I really needed that! Thanks!!!

Jules711 said:
Just don't send your son if he hasn't been over it for awhile. Not very nice to pass it on to all of the kids at the camp. Not fun for him, but the kinder thing to do. Maybe he can attend after he's better?

I agree, he's so bumbed because this camp is only for 4 days the first week of summer break. I don't think he will be well enough to attend any of them. I'm going to call Parks & Rec tomorrow and explain, hopefully we can transfer the fee to next year.

Awww, poor kiddos! Hang in there! We're praying for all of you! And, that the parks & rec department is nice. That really stinks!

Crystal Patton said:
I agree, he's so bumbed because this camp is only for 4 days the first week of summer break. I don't think he will be well enough to attend any of them. I'm going to call Parks & Rec tomorrow and explain, hopefully we can transfer the fee to next year.

Definitely find out. Never hurts to ask. At the least, maybe you can get a refund and he can have the money for next year.

Crystal Patton said:
LMButtO!!! I really needed that! Thanks!!!

So glad you got the joke....was worried it would have come out like I was just being mean. So hard for my humor to come across in text. = )

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
So glad you got the joke....was worried it would have come out like I was just being mean. So hard for my humor to come across in text. = )

Hon, you are chatting with the Queen of foot IN mouth disease. You should read my thread "Foot IN Mouth" or whatever I called it. LOL

To Update:
All my small men are completely recovered - Wyatt blew through it really fast and is cleared for Soccer Camp tomorrow. Before I could call the Parks & Rec Dept called me this morning to ask after him (I did my HWC show at their building so they know me). I explained and they said no problem, they would hold all his stuff (apparently he get's a ball, a water bottle & other cool soccer stuff) until tomorrow. But I could drop by anytime to pick it up if I wanted to get it today. I love small towns.

DH showed up Sunday evening. We are working on it. I am holding back, but man would I LOVE to do to him what he did to me. Of course that wouldn't get us anywhere - sometimes I hate being the bigger person. LOL

PS Thanks for all the prayers everyone! I LOVE this place!!!

Sometimes it is nice to go where there are others you KNOW will understand! Even if it is 3am! :D Glad they are doing better.

So glad to hear that things are better in your home and that your oldest got through it quickly.

1. What is the purpose of "Prayers for My Sons and Me"?

The purpose of "Prayers for My Sons and Me" is to provide mothers with a collection of meaningful and powerful prayers that they can use to guide, protect, and uplift their sons. These prayers cover various aspects of a son's life, such as health, relationships, education, and future endeavors.

2. Are these prayers specific to a certain religion or belief system?

No, these prayers are meant to be inclusive and can be used by mothers of any religious or spiritual background. They are written in a general and universal way to encompass the hopes and desires that all mothers have for their sons.

3. Can these prayers be used for sons of any age?

Yes, these prayers are suitable for sons of all ages, from newborns to adults. They can be adapted and personalized to fit the unique needs and stages of a son's life.

4. How can I incorporate these prayers into my daily routine?

There are many ways to incorporate these prayers into your daily routine. You can set aside a specific time each day to say a prayer for your son, such as during your morning or bedtime routine. You can also keep a copy of the prayers with you and say them whenever you feel the need to connect with your son and offer him blessings and protection.

5. Can these prayers be used for daughters as well?

While these prayers are specifically written for sons, they can certainly be adapted for daughters as well. The sentiments and blessings expressed in these prayers can apply to all children, regardless of gender.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennie4PC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
CookinWithLynda
  • StacieB
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
dianevill
  • AnnieBee