• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dealing with Miscommunication in Network Marketing: A Lesson Learned

In summary, there was a miscommunication between two girls planning a PC PB Show and they had talked to two different consultants. One of them flew off the handle when she found out and insisted that she had it marked on her calendar but would let the other consultant have it if they went with her. The situation upset the other consultant and they ended up giving the show away. The conversation then turns to discussing different ways of thinking about the situation and the idea of communication with the contact person to decide on one consultant to move forward with. Some participants express disappointment in the unsupportive and self-serving behavior of some consultants. The summary concludes with a story of a similar experience and the idea of "throwing away" a potential customer's card.
stefani2
Long story short - there was a mis-communication between two girls planning a PC PB Show - and they had talked to two different consultants (myself and my up-line). When I talked to my up-line about it - she flew off the handle. She said 'if they go with you - fine - but I have it marked in pencil on my calendar. It really upset me when she got so mad about the situation. Since I don't like confrontation - I just gave away the Show.

If I had been in my up-lines shoes - I would have given the Show to the other Consultant (who is MAJORLY struggling for bookings).

Can anyone point out a different way of thinking about this situation - because I am hurt and don't want to be. I feel like my upline is unsupportive and is only looking out for herself and I don't want to think that way....

Personally, if this happened b/t me and my downline, I would have let them have the show. BUT, there are many consultants who are self-serving, which is a shame....but there's nothing you can do about it. :(

Bless and release!

Or, talk to your contact person and let them know the situation (that now 2 consultants don't know whose supposed to be doing the show) and they need to talk amongst themselves and decide on ONE consultant to go forward with.

Liquid Sky said:
Personally, if this happened b/t me and my downline, I would have let them have the show. BUT, there are many consultants who are self-serving, which is a shame....but there's nothing you can do about it. :(

Bless and release!

Or, talk to your contact person and let them know the situation (that now 2 consultants don't know whose supposed to be doing the show) and they need to talk amongst themselves and decide on ONE consultant to go forward with.

I agree...I am only a Future Director but if this happened between me and my downline (especially if she/he were struggling for bookings) I would definitely give it to my downline...that is what us as leaders are here for...to support and help our team be successfull!! I also know for a fact that my director would do the same!! I say shame on your upline for being so greedy and unsupportive! I am sorry you aren't getting the proper support you deserve!!

I too would have definitely given it to my downline. Especially with the new career plan starting next month I want to make sure every one of my consultants stay active. I hate when people are so self serving. But I guess it takes all kinds :(

Honestly, it is up to the customer on who they want to do their show! But in this case, it's hard. The other consultant had them penciled in, did you have a date set with them?

Your upline didn't sound supportive; however, their are groups of people that I consider "mine." I know that is selfish but they are people I see at parties and on a personal basis. I would not want to give away one of those shows since I see ME as their personal consultnat. Of course, I hope that I would have handled it in a more gracious manner but realize that sometimes I don't always come off as sweet as I'd like.

I had something a little similar. My Recruit met a lady at school who did a show for her. When I was helping her put it in P3, the name sounded vaguely familiar. I went through my "potential customer cards" and there she was (address same etc.). I told my Recruit all I did was speak to the woman at a booth and get her info. I did call a few times and leave voicemails and mailed a catalog, but she was not "mine" since I never sold her anything. She is my Recruit's customer...I threw away her customer card from my file.As far as the PB thing, does your Upline know either of the ladies or was it a "chance encounter"? If she regularly works with these ladies, that is one thing, but if it was a contact and you contacted the coworker, I think she should let you have the booking! I would do so...

I'm sorry, but the thing that sticks out to me is that she had it "marked in pencil" in her calendar. That's pretty much saying "I knew it wasn't a for-sure thing, so I didn't bother using ink." I don't disagree with anything anyone says here.

pcchefjane said:
I had something a little similar. My Recruit met a lady at school who did a show for her. When I was helping her put it in P3, the name sounded vaguely familiar. I went through my "potential customer cards" and there she was (address same etc.). I told my Recruit all I did was speak to the woman at a booth and get her info. I did call a few times and leave voicemails and mailed a catalog, but she was not "mine" since I never sold her anything. She is my Recruit's customer...I threw away her customer card from my file.

As far as the PB thing, does your Upline know either of the ladies or was it a "chance encounter"? If she regularly works with these ladies, that is one thing, but if it was a contact and you contacted the coworker, I think she should let you have the booking! I would do so...

No - the one lady who is planning the Bridal Shower just happened to know who my upline is. They have never spoke and I have more of a rapport with the lady I was talking to.

I think I just assumed that my up-line would be ok with me having this one. I do coaching calls with her once a week to help build my Team. It is hard to build a Team when you aren't doing Shows, KWIM?

Don't assume - it makes an a$$ out of U and Me....

If the date was already penciled in there is really nothing you can do but move on and work your business the way you want to work it.

wadesgirl said:
If the date was already penciled in there is really nothing you can do but move on and work your business the way you want to work it.

we both had the date pencilled in - but I back down from confrontation...

I agree - work my business, work my business....

stefani2 said:
we both had the date pencilled in - but I back down from confrontation...

I agree - work my business, work my business....
Oh, I didn't realize you both had it pencilled in. I guess that there are just some people who run their business their way no matter who they step on.

wadesgirl said:
Oh, I didn't realize you both had it pencilled in. I guess that there are just some people who run their business their way no matter who they step on.

well ya, my customer had given me the date about 3 weeks ago or so. She was replying to an email that I sent out the beginning of March....she just told me that she had to talk to the other two ladies who were planning the bridal shower first....

Anyways, I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER NOW - so thank you everyone! I appreciate the support and the different view points! :balloon::balloon:

bottom line would still be the customer's. Anyone can pencil in or say they have it penciled in but a customer has the right to change their mind and decide who they want to have a show with.... I don't think this is a case where you went in and said oh have a show with me not her..... Let the customers decide..it's their show after all.

Chef Gilles said:
bottom line would still be the customer's. Anyone can pencil in or say they have it penciled in but a customer has the right to change their mind and decide who they want to have a show with.... I don't think this is a case where you went in and said oh have a show with me not her..... Let the customers decide..it's their show after all.

Agreed! :)

I third that. While I have passed along customers to my team I have some that I have said I will allow it to be there choice. Also, if one of my girls called me I would tell her that I would call the customer, explain the situation and ask them if it was alright if I let my girl do it. That way, the customer doesn't feel awkward and she knows it is with my encouragement and no hard feelings. (how awkward is that for a potential customer!)
**Also, just a personal suggestion. Drop the weekly coaching calls with her, by her REACTION, it seems she may not have your business growth at heart. Honestly, those coaching calls can be awkward and raw with someone you trust. I can't imagine doing them if you don't trust her. Waste of time. Call you sales manager if you think you will benefit from accountability. FYI, all accountabilty for team building works best when you have your show schedule in place so that you have somewhere to implement what you are learning. Try this attached form for 3 weeks and if you do it diligently your show schedule should perk up!
Best of luck!
(sorry so wordy :) )
xoxo,
Cheryl

Attachments

• 3 Contact Success System Donna Landy.doc
    38.5 KB · Views: 316
Koolotus said:
I third that. While I have passed along customers to my team I have some that I have said I will allow it to be there choice. Also, if one of my girls called me I would tell her that I would call the customer, explain the situation and ask them if it was alright if I let my girl do it. That way, the customer doesn't feel awkward and she knows it is with my encouragement and no hard feelings. (how awkward is that for a potential customer!)
**Also, just a personal suggestion. Drop the weekly coaching calls with her, by her REACTION, it seems she may not have your business growth at heart. Honestly, those coaching calls can be awkward and raw with someone you trust. I can't imagine doing them if you don't trust her. Waste of time. Call you sales manager if you think you will benefit from accountability. FYI, all accountabilty for team building works best when you have your show schedule in place so that you have somewhere to implement what you are learning. Try this attached form for 3 weeks and if you do it diligently your show schedule should perk up!
Best of luck!
(sorry so wordy :) )
xoxo,
Cheryl

Thank you SO much!

You are welcome, Jenna :)

What is "the Proper Thing to Do..."?

"The Proper Thing to Do..." is a Pampered Chef tool that helps you properly measure and portion out ingredients for recipes. It includes measuring cups, spoons, a spatula, and a guide for converting measurements.

How do I use "the Proper Thing to Do..."?

To use "the Proper Thing to Do...", simply follow the guide included in the set. Use the measuring cups and spoons to accurately measure out ingredients according to your recipe. The spatula can be used for leveling off dry ingredients and the conversion guide can help you convert between different units of measurement.

Is "the Proper Thing to Do..." dishwasher safe?

Yes, "the Proper Thing to Do..." is dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand washing for best results and to prolong the life of the product.

Can I purchase additional or replacement pieces for "the Proper Thing to Do..."?

Yes, individual pieces of "the Proper Thing to Do..." can be purchased separately. You can also purchase a full set if needed. Contact your Pampered Chef consultant for more information.

Is "the Proper Thing to Do..." covered by a warranty?

Yes, "the Proper Thing to Do..." is covered by a one-year warranty against any defects. If you experience any issues with your set, please contact your Pampered Chef consultant for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • dme.grant
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
KaiKendall
  • pkd09
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies