• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Surprising Tool Helped Me Clean Up My Messy Cooktop?

In summary, Shelly shared her recipe for "Sweet n Spicy Tropical Rum Sauce" which uses a lot of good tools to clean the cooktop. However, the bubbling, sugary brew managed to splash out onto the cooktop. She tried boiling hot water, a water-soaked towel on it overnight, the white cleanser recommended by the manufacturer, olive oil then turning on the burner, more white cleanser with plastic over it to smother it, and finally a light came on and she tried the Beautiful Pan Scraper. The Pan Scraper was already on the "70 Uses for .." list.
ChefetteDuJour
Gold Member
I decided to attempt my own "Spicy Pineapple Rum Sauce" recipe yesterday. It turned out pretty well but still needs some changes. In fact I'm changing the name of this one to Sweet n Spicy Tropical Sauce since I've veered off the original ingredients and don't want to get in trouble with HO just in case. (It does use a lot of good tools, though!)

Soooooo - what does this have to do with the Pan Scraper? Even though I had it in a pretty tall pot, the bubbling,sugary brew managed to splash out onto my cooktop.
By the time I noticed the multiple splatters they were (very) bonded to the surface.

I tried boiling hot water ... a water-soaked towel on it overnight ... that white cleanser they recommend plus a srubber ... olive oil then turning on the burner ... more white cleanser ... I even tried "Goo Gone", mindful that it could cause a minor or major explosion if I turned on the burner (can you tell I'm depserate at this point??) ... more white cleanser with plastic over it to smother it real good ... FINALLY ... a light came on and I tried the Beautiful Pan Scraper. Voila! And it's clean, along with some other spots I'd already given up on. (They should provide those scrapers when you buy a cooktop!)

SO ... turns out it was already on the "70 Uses for .." List. So in order to help spread the gospel, I reaarranged the old list into categories. See attached. I think it's a nice allegory for the multitudes of uses for all of TPC products ... This is going to be my door prize in the future ...

Attachments

• Pan_Scrapers_70_uses_BY_CATEGORY.doc
    82 KB · Views: 772
Beautiful, as always - thanks for sharing!!!

such a cute list! I am definately adding this as a door prize!

Umm, willing to share your tropical sauce recipe???

"64. Use corner to push switch on all those AOL disks you get, so you can reuse the disk"

Does anyone still use those kinds of disks??? Got a chuckle at that one, I like the list, I learned a few new uses. My new favorite: drill a hole and use as a keychain. I might get some of those chains and make some for door prizes!!

shelly.nurse said:
Umm, willing to share your tropical sauce recipe???

Shelly - Well, it's only in draft state. I'm not sure it's as good as the original and has more ingredients. Mine turned out spicier and darker.

But an interesting thing - I brought both the Brand and My Batch to a work party that evening and did a blind tasting with a little scoresheet. The PC brand got more votes, but all of the people who voted for my recipe were men. This is not exactly the size of a Phase III clinical trial but there could be something to that!

I added some dates for some natural thickening and sweetness. I didn't think they were prominent but my sister didn't like it (not sure she could have tasted them if I didn't tell her, though)

WITH THOSE CAVEATS ...only tested ONCE - here is what I'm calling "Sweet N Spicy Tropical Rum Sauce."

Attachments

• Homemade_SweetNSpicy_Tropical_Rum_Sauce_draft_.doc
    53 KB · Views: 483
Last edited:
I keep one in my glove compartment. They are the perfect size to scrape ice from side/rear view mirrors

Thank You so much for this list. I love it and I'm going to start using it at parties. I know this will really help sell the items. I'd love to see these multiple uses flyers for more items.

Hi. For some reason, I cannont download the list for the scraper. Am very new to this and have never seen the list. Any suggestions on where I can see it? TIA

Sherry Lynn, have you gotten the list yet, if not, can you privately send me your email address and I will email it to you? or Right Click on the document above, save to DESKTOP then print from there ;) Hope it works.

Gail

I know this is an old thread but here's another use. My DH keeps one on the deck to scrape bird droppings off the rail.

I think maybe we could create another list just for men :) My DH is using it to scrape old glue off a piece of used OAK :)

What is "thePan Scraper Does It Again!"?

"thePan Scraper Does It Again!" is a versatile kitchen tool designed to make cleaning pots and pans easier. It is made of durable plastic and has a curved edge for scraping and a straight edge for wiping.

Can I use "thePan Scraper Does It Again!" on non-stick pans?

Yes, "thePan Scraper Does It Again!" is safe to use on non-stick pans. Its plastic material will not scratch or damage the surface of your pans.

How do I clean "thePan Scraper Does It Again!"?

Cleaning "thePan Scraper Does It Again!" is easy. Simply hand wash it with warm soapy water or place it in the dishwasher for a thorough clean.

Can I use "thePan Scraper Does It Again!" on hot pans?

No, we do not recommend using "thePan Scraper Does It Again!" on hot pans as it may cause the plastic to warp or melt. Allow your pans to cool before using the scraper.

Is "thePan Scraper Does It Again!" covered by a warranty?

Yes, "thePan Scraper Does It Again!" is covered by a one-year warranty. If you encounter any issues with your scraper, please contact our customer service for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BeckyC5830
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • dannyzmom
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
baychef
Back