1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Bookings The pampered chef book

Tags:
  1. monica_sweetconsultant

monica_sweetconsultant Advanced Member Silver Member

Hey I was just wondering if anybody has read Doris Christopher's new book. does anyone know how much it costs? I have been thinking about getting it to see how i can use it in my business. anyways just curious about it.

2. cakepampered

cakepampered Member

Doris Christophers new Book

Yes! I have read it, and love it! As a matter of fact, I have posted about the book in the Chef's Lounge. Buy the book, you will love it!

Aug 1, 2005
  3. PC Book

I am new to the business, and have spent more than I have made....
    But I recently borrowed the book from my local library! I have read most of it, and it is good. I always like to borroe before I buy!
    Just a suggestion, if you are concerened by the price.

Aug 1, 2005
  4. pamperedbecky

pamperedbecky Legacy Member

I would definitely recommend reading this book! For those who are already consultants and those who are considering it!! If you go to the main PC website, there is a link I believe that will allow you to order it online. Through there you get it at a pretty big discount and through Barnes and Noble, it's only $15.71 or something like that.

I loved the book!

5. D_Patel

D_Patel Member

Our cluster all placed a order together so we got free shipping ! I received the book last week , iam a few chapters into it,so far so good !! :D

Aug 1, 2005
  6. monica_sweetconsultant

hey thanks for all the replies. i think i will check my local library and see if they have it. if not i will go buy it this weekend. my birthday is sat. so maybe i can talk my hubby into that for a present :p

7. PamperedGinger

PamperedGinger Advanced Member

I have read 1/2 the book so far and LOVE IT! My husband finished it in one day. It is really good and informative. I would even recommend it to those with their own small business. It is full of good information.

8. dianevill

dianevill Senior Member Gold Member

Library

Just a suggestion: if your library doesn't have a copy of the book, donate one. Of course, stamp your name and business info on the inside cover. It will get your name out there and it's a tax write-off!

Diane

Aug 1, 2005
  9. monica_sweetconsultant

hey i didnt think about that. that is an awesome idea. i am the only consultant in my area that i know of. the closest one to me is about an hour away from here so if i did donate the book i would reap the rewards!! thanks for the tip.

10. Doris

Doris

I'm half way through the book and I love it. I think it is a great investment. It is also great for anybody starting a new small business. I recomended it to a girl who just started Southern Living. :D

Aug 3, 2005
  11. Sk8Mom209

Sk8Mom209 Advanced Member Gold Member

I have read about 1/2 of the book and think it is great. Also, I was fortunate enough to be able to attend Doris' 2nd book signing event in Alameda, CA last night. She was great! She read from the introduction, answered questions that you will not find answers to anywhere else and then signed everyone's book(s). If you have the opportunity to attend one of her book signings, I highly recommend it!

PS - great idea on donating a book to the library!

Aug 4, 2005
Have something to add?