• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

theOne Thing Holding Her Back...

In summary, Becky is trying to help her friend GeorgiaPeach overcome her fear of speaking in front of people. GeorgiaPeach is not sure that she can do the talking. Becky shares with her that many people are shy and that this is a concern. Becky tells her about the 10-10-10 sort of shows. GeorgiaPeach is hesitant, but agrees to try. Becky also recommends that GeorgiaPeach take the Responding to Objections teleclass.
AJPratt
Silver Member
is being in front of people... She's not sure that she can do the talking. I know she is shy, but I would hate for her to not try this because of that. I have shared with her that that's a concern for a lot of people. I told her about the 10-10-10 sort of shows. Any other suggestions?

I had the same concern. I tell my guests that I almost didn't graduate from college because I had to take public speaking and look at me now :) (My Mom informed me that not graduating was NOT an option!) My desire to stay home with my children pushed me enough to give it a try. Before my first show I did a couple "practice" shows in front of my son's stuffed animals....I know that sounds lame but I didn't want humans seeing me :eek: When I started doing actual shows I was amazed at how quickly I felt comfortable in front of people. Letting them know that I was just getting started helped because they were all very kind and helpful.

Have you ever taken the Responding to Objections tele-class? I think you'd get some good info there.

Maybe reassure here about all the training available, the note cards in RFS so she won't lose her place even if she's nervous...

I was the same exact way! The fear of speaking in front of others and not liking to cook could have very well prevented me from giving this a try. But, I looked at it as a personal challenge to myself. I knew I'd always wonder if I would have liked this if I didn't give it a try. It was a really a step out of the old comfort zone. But I can tell you (and sometimes I say it may sound cheesy) because I know lots of you in chefsuccess land will understand that this experience has totally changed my life. It's changed me as a person, it's helped me build confidence in SOOOO many areas (not just cooking :) ), it's helped me discover skills I didn't even know I had, it's allowed me to contribute significantly to the income and it's allowed me to stay home with my kids. There's really nothing you can say that will give her the magic answer that will ultimately encourage her to do this because she'll really need to decide that for herself, but if you give her all the information and feedback that you can, then at least she can make an educated decision. I know there are others out there who were from the same boat as me.

I just truly hope people who are teetering on the edge of deciding whether or not to do this at least give it a try! It can be a life-changing experience. It may not be for everyone, but if people at least give it a try, at least they'll never wonder. Good luck! :D

Debbie: I haven't tried the teleclasses yet. I think its my next step, just to help me overall.

Becky & GeorgiaPeach: Thank you for your insight. Its comical to see me, someone who has never had a problem talking in front of people, trying to help someone who does overcome that fear, and objection. Sure, I may get bervous, buts its not the concern thatmost people have. I say: I undertsand what your concern is, but I really don't. I guess I'm just a ham.

What is "theOne Thing Holding Her Back..."?

"theOne Thing Holding Her Back..." is a cooking tool offered by Pampered Chef that helps make meal preparation easier and more efficient. It is a versatile tool that can be used to chop, mix, blend, and puree a variety of ingredients.

How does "theOne Thing Holding Her Back..." work?

The tool features a sharp stainless steel blade that rotates with a simple pull of the cord. The more you pull, the finer the chop will be. It also has a non-slip base and a locking lid for added safety and stability.

What can I use "theOne Thing Holding Her Back..." for?

You can use this tool to chop vegetables, fruits, nuts, and herbs, mix batters and dips, blend smoothies and puree soups. Its versatility makes it a must-have for any kitchen.

Is "theOne Thing Holding Her Back..." dishwasher safe?

Yes, "theOne Thing Holding Her Back..." is dishwasher safe. However, for best results, we recommend hand washing the blade and lid with warm soapy water and wiping the base with a damp cloth.

Is "theOne Thing Holding Her Back..." covered by a warranty?

Yes, "theOne Thing Holding Her Back..." is covered by a limited lifetime warranty. If you experience any issues with the product, please contact our customer service team for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• finley1991
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • Darcy Sharpe
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
kcmckay
  • chefmelody