• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

theNot-So-Incredible-90-Minute-Chicken!

well you get the picture. So if you're cooking in the microwave and you don't have a timer, put a timer in the microwave and turn on the oven first so it doesn't turn off while the timer is going off. Sorry to hear about your troubles with your microwave!
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
So my power cooking clinic was shaping up to be a bust. I had exactly 1 guest, who was 30 minutes late.

We did have a good time putting the 3 recipes together while the chicken was in the microwave. I set the microwave for 25 minutes. On the last 10 seconds ... it went blank.

I thought it was the circuit ... but the computer, TV and everything else on that circuit was fine. I got out an extension cord and tried plugging it into 2 more outlets. No dice.

So I put it in the oven. Only thing is, I forgot that you were supposed to bake a chicken in the DCB with the cover on it. So it never did get to 160 degrees.

Thank goodness I made a microwave cake or we would have had nothing to serve.

Long after my one and only guest had left, I took a slice of the chicken and sat down to rest.

First my car, then my mower, then my microwave ... it's been a week!

Last edited:
I'm so sorry Di, we had one of those weeks about 3 weeks ago, it will get better :):)

OMG, I love the subject line on this, I laughed hysterically before I even read your post!
I am surprised that only having 10 seconds left on the microwave that it wasn't cooked, or did you mean 10 MINUTES?
How was the chicken after you sat down to eat it?

The chicken wasn't so bad. The thermometer never did read 170, though.

I've found out, after doing this in 2 microwaves, that it's the 30 minute chicken, not the 25 minute chicken. Part of the delay is that after I figured out the microwave wasn't coming back online, I hoped against hope that it would build up enough steam to get hot enough ... but it just cooled down too much.

Did you leave the lid on while you were trying to figure out the microwave situation? I am surprised the chicken did not reach temp by just resting for a bit. Oh well, now you know! I always do the chicken for 30, I've never done 25 min, but I imagine 5 minutes might make a difference in if it's cooked through or not.
Sorry you had to go through that!
So do you need to get a new microwave now?

Di_Can_Cook said:
So my power cooking clinic was shaping up to be a bust. I had exactly 1 guest, who was 30 minutes late.

We did have a good time putting the 3 recipes together while the chicken was in the microwave. I set the microwave for 25 minutes. On the last 10 seconds ... it went blank.

I thought it was the circuit ... but the computer, TV and everything else on that circuit was fine. I got out an extension cord and tried plugging it into 2 more outlets. No dice.

So I put it in the oven. Only thing is, I forgot that you were supposed to bake a chicken in the DCB with the cover on it. So it never did get to 160 degrees.

Thank goodness I made a microwave cake or we would have had nothing to serve.

Long after my one and only guest had left, I took a slice of the chicken and sat down to rest.

First my car, then my mower, then my microwave ... it's been a week!

I'm sorry Di- I can relate, I've had a life like that! :) LOL, I'm teasing...just a few months like that. I wish I could ship you a new microwave...if ya need to vent, feel free to PM me. I'm here for you and will keep you in my prayers! Heck, we just gave an old (newer) mower to a friend of mine that needed a blessing. If I'd have known, I'd have given it to you. Course she's in town...where are you? :D

I cook in he microwave with the lid off for 25 minutes and put the lid on an additional 10 and have never had a problem. The recipe says lid off doesn't it? I have many cooking disasters with our microwave though, but we have pretty brand new one b/c ours caught on fire 3 weeks ago.

Our microwave was put on the wrong circuit or something like that (I'm not an electrician so I'm not sure of the correct termanology) anyway- I blow a fuse almost every time I use it if I have lights on in the kitchen at the same time.

One day DH walked in and asked why I was cooking in the dark. I told him and he didn't believe me. So he flipped on the lights and a few minutes later half the house went dead and so did the microwave. Heck we can't even plug in Christmas lights without blowing a fuse.

merego said:
I cook in he microwave with the lid off for 25 minutes and put the lid on an additional 10 and have never had a problem. The recipe says lid off doesn't it? I have many cooking disasters with our microwave though, but we have pretty brand new one b/c ours caught on fire 3 weeks ago.

As far as I know you are supposed to cook w/ lid ON...
There were some stories of microwaves breaking due to not having the lid on...maybe that is what happened to you????

I cook with my clothes on. :)

In microwave, lid off. In oven, lid on.

I plugged in the microwave again for random fun, and what do you know? It is working again! I think it just got overheated ...

That just threw my whole night off ... I was confused, worried about replacing the microwave which can't be more than 3 or 4 years old ... and distracted by not having the microwave clock!

I have a "sidewalk sale" tomorrow and have to meet my hostess in the morning on the way... I am praying for it not to rain!

Kitchen Diva said:
I cook with my clothes on. :)

So, you cook with the lights off but clothes on.

Of course, now that it's just you and your hubby in the house, you could cook with clothes off as well. I sometimes tell people that's one of the advantages to cooking bacon in the bar pan. You can cook it naked without fear.

Di.....I had a bust of a Power Cooking Clinic too! I had three guests-my Mom, and a former customer who brought with her a friend that is already a PC consultant (under someone else, mind you!):eek:
I originally was going to draw for the guests to take the prepared recipes home...NOT! I kept them all!
As for the chicken, I always cook it in the DCBwith the lid on for 30 minutes...have never had a problem!

What ingredients do I need for "the Not-So-Incredible-90-Minute-Chicken!"?

The ingredients for this dish are: 1 whole chicken, 1/4 cup olive oil, 2 cloves garlic (minced), 1 lemon (juiced), 1 tsp dried oregano, 1 tsp dried thyme, 1 tsp dried basil, salt and pepper to taste.

Can I use boneless chicken for this recipe?

Yes, you can use boneless chicken for this recipe. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.

Do I need to marinate the chicken before cooking?

No, you do not need to marinate the chicken beforehand. The chicken will be marinated as it cooks in the oven.

Can I substitute fresh herbs for the dried herbs?

Yes, you can substitute fresh herbs for the dried herbs. Just use 3 times the amount of fresh herbs called for in the recipe.

How many servings does this recipe make?

This recipe makes about 4 servings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
kristina16marie
  • DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • naekelsey
  • Products and Tips