• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did Anyone Else Feel Disappointed by SB's New Recipes?

In summary, the new recipes from Seasons Best and the cookbook have been met with mixed reactions by customers. Some appreciate the changes and direction PC is going, while others find them too difficult to make or find the ingredients for. The asparagus rolls are a hit but require some extra effort to assemble. There are lots of pecans present in many of the recipes which can be an issue for people with nut allergies. Tips for assembling the asparagus rolls are shared, as well as suggestions for making them a "hands-on" show. The Kalamata Olive Spread is recommended as a delicious and easy recipe.
It's like everything else in our business. It depends on what we love and what we promote and what our guests want. Every area of the country and every show is individual. All sales depend on who shows up and what they think they need today.

When there's a product that I'm not thrilled with I don't promote it but if someone asks about it I ask if anyone else has it and let them sell it or I say that many people love it but I don't use it much. I also tell them that there's no way that anyone can use every product we offer on a daily basis. I am honest and if they ask MY opinion about something I will honestly tell them why I like and don't like it. They appreciate that.

If you don't like the recipes then don't offer them. I offer a very wide variety of recipes but if someone wants to do something that takes too long or shows no products I tell them that it won't work but if they want to make it in addition to the demo recipe that is up to them.

Make your hosts and guests happy and you will be too.

Ginger428 said:
I think everyone is missing the point. NO ONE is telling any of us to use these recipes, & our customers have NO CLUE whats in the latest cookbooks unless we tell them or they buy them. We do not work for Betty Crocker, we are PAMPERED CHEFS!:D Also we are selling products not recipes. 1 more thing, as far as PC trying to have heathier meals if anyone would take a look at the calories & the total FAT!!:eek: :eek: :eek: these new recipes are FAR from healthy!! Just have fun & if you cant find something try something else. Life is WAY TO SHORT to be stressing out over where or how we are gonna find red pepper jelly...WHO CARES!!!...try something else:D :D :D I hope I helped to ease a few peoples minds!;)

That a girl!! Couldn't agree with you more about stressing, make what you want it isn't written in stone what we have to make:)

I just wanted to know what everybody considers "gourmet ingredients" though? I live 8 hours North of Vancouver in the middle of cowboy redneck land and I just want to know what some people consider "gourmet".;)

BethCooks4U said:
It's like everything else in our business. It depends on what we love and what we promote and what our guests want. Every area of the country and every show is individual. All sales depend on who shows up and what they think they need today.

When there's a product that I'm not thrilled with I don't promote it but if someone asks about it I ask if anyone else has it and let them sell it or I say that many people love it but I don't use it much. I also tell them that there's no way that anyone can use every product we offer on a daily basis. I am honest and if they ask MY opinion about something I will honestly tell them why I like and don't like it. They appreciate that.

If you don't like the recipes then don't offer them. I offer a very wide variety of recipes but if someone wants to do something that takes too long or shows no products I tell them that it won't work but if they want to make it in addition to the demo recipe that is up to them.

Make your hosts and guests happy and you will be too.

I can't agree with you more..... after all it is YOUR BUSINESS!!!! we have to remeber that !!!

Some people want something really different and some love the traditional show recipe.

I am glad that I am not alone in this at all......!!!

Just another way to look at it, if there are recipes you are comfortable using, but want to showcase the new products, do it! Replace the chopper with the Santoku knife, replace the SA large platter with the new platter with handles. of course, replace the USG with the Ultimate Mandolin. Just look at what products you want to sell and try to find a recipe to fit.

ChefBeckyD said:
Janel - I'm a little concerned about that here too......I LOVE the Asparagus Roll-ups - but I know that Asparagus will be impossible to find around here in just a couple months - except at a HUGE price!

Yep, I could not understand why they would introduce a recipe with Asparagus as the main ingredient as we headed into fall. . .

chefjeanine said:
Yep, I could not understand why they would introduce a recipe with Asparagus as the main ingredient as we headed into fall. . .
Yep again! Those of us who live "Up North" KNOW how wonderful Asparagus is in the Spring.....but can't say that I see it much around here in the Fall/Winter months...(Right now at Meijers, I can still buy it - for $2.99 a lb!:eek: )
BUT! I'm already thinking this will be an Awesome recipe to use next Spring....and trying to think of what I could substitute for the asparagus in the roll-ups this Fall - any suggestions anyone?

Let's see...substitutes for asparagus...
from USA Weekend Magazine website:
Produce department out of asparagus? Substitute carrots or sugar snap peas; steam-sautéing works for them all.
Maybe even green, red, yellow and orange bell pepper slices (using the Ultimate Mandolin) to make a festive looking wrap? Long broccoli stalks, peeled, will work well, too.

As a replacement for asparagus- could you use zuchinni cut into 5" sticks? Not sure if it would give off too much water when you were cooking it, though. What do you all think?

asparagus substitutei know here in cali we can get frozen asparagus spears at whole foods. i wonder if frozen would work? perhaps you could freeze some now for the winter months.

I am not sure if frozen asparagus spears would work or not!!!!

I came in looking to share my excitement about the few recipes I've tried :) I'm sorry that so many are disappointed with the new recipes and cookbooks.

Truthfully, the only thing I couldn't find was goat cheese, but I didn't look long or hard, and can't even remember what I was going to make:rolleyes:

Anyway... what I *have* made is the Sticky Caramel Mini Cakes (YUMMO!) I didn't make the caramel sauce because I had some in the cupboard... next time I make them, I *will* make the sauce ;) I also made the Chicken with Tomatillo and black bean salsa from the Cooking for Two cookbook (can't remember the exact name... lol) Also YUMMO!!!!! Need to make that again SOON!!! And today I made 3 batches of Biscotti! All 3 versions from the new cookbook. Takes time (of course) but is very simple (not for a show, since there is too much cooling and baking time, etc... but fun none the less ;))

awsome repcipies... Introduce my family to a new recipie twice a week.... to see what they think of it!!

soccermama said:
I came in looking to share my excitement about the few recipes I've tried :) I'm sorry that so many are disappointed with the new recipes and cookbooks.

Truthfully, the only thing I couldn't find was goat cheese, but I didn't look long or hard, and can't even remember what I was going to make:rolleyes:

Anyway... what I *have* made is the Sticky Caramel Mini Cakes (YUMMO!) I didn't make the caramel sauce because I had some in the cupboard... next time I make them, I *will* make the sauce ;) I also made the Chicken with Tomatillo and black bean salsa from the Cooking for Two cookbook (can't remember the exact name... lol) Also YUMMO!!!!! Need to make that again SOON!!! And today I made 3 batches of Biscotti! All 3 versions from the new cookbook. Takes time (of course) but is very simple (not for a show, since there is too much cooling and baking time, etc... but fun none the less ;))

WAY TO GO....
I've made the sticky mini cakes also, they are GREAT....
Next I'm gonna try the Biscotti....
Then I want to try the goat cheese...I LOVE goat cheese:D

How about doing the biscotti only at a show, along with the PC coffee.. morning or after dinner demo.
I think it would be great to show how to do the dough during the show.. and then for the finish, pull out the first baked batch ( pre-done) and then demo how you slice and rebake. Give the host the dough as her thank you and she gets a jump start on her next batch.
Just my 2 cents! :)

Paged through the new cookbooks tonight. They look awesome! Can't wait to start trying the recipes.

I made the Sticky Mini Cakes today and the Juicy Baked Chicken (or whatever it was called) and they were both awesome. Even though you bake the chicken with the lid OFF the Deep Covered Baker, the chicken was SO juicy and moist. Yum! Those caramel sticky cakes were awesome. I took most of them to a new neighbor so I wouldn't eat them all! I didn't make the sauce either because I happened to have the Tastefully Simple Caramel Sauce which is delicious!

Let's see....I've also made the Teriyaki Beef Fried Rice recipe that came with the Santoku Knife and that was awesome. Hubby said to put it on the Five Star list we've started. That way when I can't think of what to make for dinner, we have a list of favorites going. For those of you haven't tried it from the S/S season's best (and they're in the new one too), the Quick Chicken Primavera is great and so is the Antipasto Vegetable Pizza. Yum!

I agree that a lot of the new recipes do seem fancier and a little more intimidating (to me at least!), BUT we're also adding some very fancy, high-end products to our line like the Executive Cookware and the new cutlery so we need to appeal to more of those "foodie" type customers too. IT's good to have some variety in the cookbooks!!!:)

Momma23boys said:
How about doing the biscotti only at a show, along with the PC coffee.. morning or after dinner demo.
I think it would be great to show how to do the dough during the show.. and then for the finish, pull out the first baked batch ( pre-done) and then demo how you slice and rebake. Give the host the dough as her thank you and she gets a jump start on her next batch.
Just my 2 cents! :)

Well, that would work... LOL That's a lot of prep work at home for a show... but I do think it would be worth it (especially if you have several shows doing this and you could make a larger batch and freeze them to keep longer...)

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kam
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Jennie50
  • chefjessicah