• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover the Best Quick-Stir Pitchers: Dishwasher-Safe and Durable!

In summary, the newer style pitcher is dishwasher safe, but the old style is more sturdy and comfortable. The outlet has both styles of pitchers.
babywings76
Gold Member
I have a friend who ordered a new quick-stir pitcher and she melted it in the dishwasher. The catalog says it's dishwasher-safe. Anyone know more about this? Also, the old ones are available on the outlet. I am wanting to buy one. Should I get the old one or the new?

The catalog says it's dishwasher safe, and so far I haven't had any issues with mine. I put the plunger/lid on the top rack though, just to be safe. I have two of the older-style ones that I use for home and bought a new model one to demo with at shows (that way I don't have to drain my home ones out every time I have a show!). The smaller size on the outlet is nice, but my family definitely uses the family-size for the capacity. :)

I've got the old family size and small one. Never have they melted in the dishwasher on the top or bottom racks. So I would definitely call about this one. I'd say get the old one in the outlets. No big deal even if you use it at shows because its still pampered chef. ;)

I had a customer who melted the lid and stirrer of hers in the dishwasher the first time she used it! (She says it was actually her DH). HO sent her a new one pronto!

Yes, I'm sort of annoyed they say they're dishwasher-safe. I don't think they are. I have the newer version one, and it became mis-shaped several times in the dishwasher. I put the main part on the bottom rack & the lid/plunger on the top rack, and both became deformed. I first noticed it about a week after the 1 year guarantee was over. Finally I had to replace it. So yes, I'm a little bitter about this, and NO, I don't put my brand-new one in the dishwasher. Ever.

Also- my dishwasher is only 1 year old (we bought it brand new) and is awesome- it has never melted anything else before. So I really don't think it's the dishwasher's fault.

It also depends on how hot you have your water set to. Ours is on 140 degrees but I know of some who set theirs hotter and I believe that could be when some of our items get warped. They really ought to put a heat safe sticker on them. You know heat safe in the dishwasher up to """degrees.

I just bought two of the ones off the outlet for this very reason! The old white plungers are much more able to take the heat in the DW. Although I like the look of the all clear ones much better (and the handles are more ergonomic) I wish they were as sturdy.

My Family size (clear) pitcher is only slightly deformed from the DW. I hand wash it now. My 2qt one the plunger stick is TOTALLY WARPED and it now leaks sometimes when I am pouring....even if it's not partially closed.

I still LOVE LOVE LOVE them...but I tell people NOT to put them in the DW just to be safe.

ththhavingaboy_afb.gif

Get her a new one asap...is it still under warrantee? I don't use the heat cycle to dry my dishes, so I haven't had a problem. I put the plunger part on the top rack so its away from the extreme heat.

I just had a customer buy the new one, and said the stirring part didn't seem as sturdy to her as the old one did. Has anyone else heard this one??

jbachen said:
I just had a customer buy the new one, and said the stirring part didn't seem as sturdy to her as the old one did. Has anyone else heard this one??

I agree with this. The clear plastic seems more "brittle" than the older white style plunger. I haven't had a problem with THAT per say...but I would not have her put it in a hot dishwasher and heat dry cycle, or it may warp.

Thanks for the advice. I'll contact her about it.

I had the both sizes in the older model & now have both sizes in the newer model. My step-sister warped my family size older model when she was living with me. I had been told by the consultant that it was NOT Diswasher safe at the time, so I was never putting it in the dishwasher. I had no idea back then that they would replace it. I had only had it about 3 months when she ruined it. I've never put the new ones in the dishwasher.

BTW, I prefer the comfort of the handles on the new ones to the handles on the old ones. They are more form fitting to the hand.

I JUST had a customer at a show complaining to everyone about how hers melted in the dishwasher. She bought it from another consultant and of course didn't save her receipt.

My old style are just fine!! My new style QSP top melted in the DW. It was so warped that it was a complete wreck. We just popped the plunger off and still use it for drinks with the lid....

Don't get me started on the Quick Stir pitcher being dishwasher safe. My mom is on her 5th one b/c I have to keep returning it b/c it keeps melting or warping. She even used mu aunts dishwasher and mine and it warped. I handwash mine. She is going to start handwashing after this, but it is the prinicple of the matter, it says dishwasher safe.
I ahve the old style one and have had no problems, but we both have had problems with the new one. I just ordered her the older version off the outlet.

crissy11 said:
It also depends on how hot you have your water set to. Ours is on 140 degrees but I know of some who set theirs hotter and I believe that could be when some of our items get warped. They really ought to put a heat safe sticker on them. You know heat safe in the dishwasher up to """degrees.

This is definitely the problem. I keep my water set at 140 degrees, too, so I have never had a problem dishwashing my QSP, however, my mom melted hers, and sure enough, her water was set at 160 degrees (WAY too hot!). So, tell your customers to make sure if they're going to use the dishwasher for it, they shouldn't have their hot water set any higher than the recommended 140 degrees.

I think that since SOOOOOOOO many people have a problem with the plungers melting or warping that HO needs to either change the QSP to stand up to higher heat or say that it is NOT DW safe. It's silly to sell something that says DW safe, and to have so many of us telling our customers NOT to put it in there...

KellyTheChef said:
I think that since SOOOOOOOO many people have a problem with the plungers melting or warping that HO needs to either change the QSP to stand up to higher heat or say that it is NOT DW safe. It's silly to sell something that says DW safe, and to have so many of us telling our customers NOT to put it in there...

I agree!! Also, my water is set for under 140º (since I have small kids), so I know that's not the problem.

After I read this thread and took mine out of the DW and it was slightly warped, at least I have 2, and I can take the non warped one to a show!

Both of my plungers separated from the stem-the bottom separated. I think my guests at my shows were plunging too hard to break up sherbet mixed with orange soda. But then both of them have separated. At least I can push them back together and they still work, just not enough to take to my shows. I think it's a definate weekness along with the dishwasher warping.
Deb

Christ Follower said:
I JUST had a customer at a show complaining to everyone about how hers melted in the dishwasher. She bought it from another consultant and of course didn't save her receipt.

If she remembers who the host was, she can get it replaced. Give her the Solution Center number.

1. How does the Quick-Stir Pitcher work?

The Quick-Stir Pitcher has a unique design that allows you to easily mix and stir ingredients without having to remove the lid. Simply push down on the plunger to activate the stirring mechanism, and release to stop.

2. Is the Quick-Stir Pitcher dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Quick-Stir Pitcher is completely dishwasher safe, making clean up a breeze.

3. Can I use the Quick-Stir Pitcher for hot liquids?

No, the Quick-Stir Pitcher is not recommended for use with hot liquids. It is designed for cold or room temperature liquids only.

4. How much liquid can the Quick-Stir Pitcher hold?

The Quick-Stir Pitcher has a capacity of 2 quarts, making it perfect for making large batches of drinks or mixing ingredients for recipes.

5. What materials is the Quick-Stir Pitcher made of?

The Quick-Stir Pitcher is made of durable, BPA-free plastic, ensuring it is safe for food and drinks and will last for years to come.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• RCKmom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Tonyphel00
  • DeeDee616
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
patty42240
Replies