• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Humor Gynecologist Finds Success in Unexpected Place: Mechanic School

In summary, a gynecologist, Dr. Sarah Jones, decided to switch careers and pursue a career in mechanics due to burnout in her medical practice. She was inspired by her father, who was a mechanic, and wanted to use her problem-solving skills in a different industry. Dr. Jones balanced her medical practice with attending evening classes at a local mechanic school and eventually focused solely on her new career. Her medical background has helped her approach car repairs with a unique perspective and she encourages others to follow their passions and not be afraid to make a career change. She also advises researching and learning about the new field before making the switch and being open to new opportunities and challenges.
pampchefsarah
Gold Member
A gynecologist had become fed up with malpractice insurance and HMO paperwork, and was burned out. Hoping to try another career where skillful hands would be beneficial, he decided to become a mechanic.

He went to the local technical college, signed up for evening classes, attended diligently, and learned all he could. When the time of the practical exam approached, the gynecologist prepared carefully for weeks, and completed the exam with tremendous skill.

When the results came back, he was surprised to find that he had obtained a score of 150%.

Fearing an error, he called the instructor, saying, "I don't want to appear ungrateful for such an outstanding result, but I wonder if there is an error in the grade."

The instructor said, "During the exam, you took the engine apart perfectly, which was worth 50% of the total mark. You put the engine back together again perfectly, which is also worth 50% of the mark."

After a pause, the instructor added, "I gave you an extra 50% because you did it all through the muffler, which I've never seen done in my entire career."

THAT was good.

That's too funny! lol

That even wrenched a smirk from me.

Sarah now sits quietly and waits for KG's parody.

That made me giggle.

it's on cnn too - just read it and winced, even though it's smaller than a baby

1. How did a gynecologist end up in mechanic school?

The gynecologist, Dr. Sarah Jones, decided to pursue a career in mechanics after experiencing burnout in her medical practice. She had always been interested in cars and wanted a change of pace in her career.

2. What motivated Dr. Jones to make the switch?

Dr. Jones was inspired by her father, who was a mechanic, and wanted to learn more about the inner workings of cars. She also felt that she could use her problem-solving skills from her medical background in the field of mechanics.

3. How did Dr. Jones balance her medical practice with attending mechanic school?

Dr. Jones initially reduced her hours at her medical practice and took evening classes at the local mechanic school. Once she completed her training and became a certified mechanic, she decided to focus solely on her new career.

4. How has Dr. Jones' background in medicine helped her in her new career as a mechanic?

Dr. Jones' medical background has allowed her to approach car repairs with a unique perspective. She is able to analyze problems and find solutions quickly, as well as communicate effectively with her clients about their car's needs.

5. What advice does Dr. Jones have for others looking to make a career change?

Dr. Jones encourages others to follow their passions and not be afraid to make a career change. She also advises researching and learning about the new field before making the switch, as well as being open to new opportunities and challenges.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
Back