• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pampered Chef Vendor: Unsatisfied Customers or Misunderstood Store?

It seems that the conversation is mainly about the store Impressions, which is authorized by PC to sell PC-logo merchandise. Most people are unhappy with the store due to their high prices and inconsistent sizing. However, some individuals have had positive experiences with the store, particularly with purchasing business cards and other non-clothing items. The store has a monopoly as they are the only authorized vendor for PC-logo merchandise. Some people miss the previous vendor, Nancy's, and wish there was more competition. However, others understand that it is a difficult industry and that Merrill is just running their business as they see fit. There is a discussion about the possibility of purchasing logo merchandise from other local vendors, but it is generally understood that this would go against PC's
WonderMonkey
Just what is this store? I assume from reading it's some vendor to PC, authorized by PC. Right? I read that most people are unhappy with it?

I've purchased my business cards through them, that's it so far. I had no problems.

Yes. They are where you get the PC-logo merchandise. So far, I've not had any problems, other than the error on the calendars, but I only ordered 1-pack (still waiting to receive). I've gotten a tote, business cards, and a few other things there. I'll get some logo-shirts later hopefully if I get some business in November to help pay for it. :)You find them under Consultant's Corner- click on "Promoting your business", and then their link is at the bottom (Licensed Vendors) called "Impressions. Merrill Corporation".

The problem is that they are expensive and their sizing is inconsistent. Their CS is usually very bad.The biggest problem is that they have a monopoly--they are our only authorized vendor--the only place we can buy anything with the PC logo.

My husband and I operated an ice cream franchise and Merrill was also their vendor. We had really bad experiences with them and felt the pricing was EXTREMELY high compared to other licensed merchandising vendors. I wish PC would think about a different company. I haven't bought anything from them yet with PC.

there sizing is crazy. I have the same outfit in 3 different colors...one is XS, one is S and the other is Med...they all fit the same. It is crazy.

yep... pricing and sizing is nuts!!!

I've never had a "problem" when working with Merrill. I have bought business cards there (they had a GREAT sale and I couldn't turn it down), ink stamps with info, envelopes, lapboards, etc. with no problem at all. But, I refuse to buy their clothing online. I wait until Conference to be able to try on the different sizes. And I do agree that their pricing is a little high.I miss Nancy's terribly, I don't like Merrill's new post cards.

I assume people complain about them. Why would PC keep them around with so many problems?

I did a search and I see others with PC materials, are they dirty law breakers?

WonderMonkey said:
I did a search and I see others with PC materials, are they dirty law breakers?

Depends on who they are? If the are reselling their used products, then the answer is no (I buy used logo shirts on ebay from time to time). If they are manufacturing their own with the logo then the answer is yes.

I too wish we had another choice - competition is a good thing. I also wish they'd bring back Nancy's - however I'm sure she'd tell them exactly where to stick the logo :chef:

WonderMonkey said:
I assume people complain about them. Why would PC keep them around with so many problems?

I'm very familiar with the promotional products industry. It is a very hard industry to work in because other people are relying on you very intensively. As much as people complain about Merrill, they are just doing their business the way they want to run it.

Well sure they are but why would PC keep them around? I understand contracts and all but PC has a certain amount of control or their legal department needs fired.

WonderMonkey said:
It's not really that Merrill has so many problems, but when Merrill was introduced, two other vendors were taken away and Merrill was given a monopoly. Just the very way this happened was upsetting so a lot of people are already biased against them. I'll admit, our former logowear vendor was no great shakes either in terms of price and sizing, but lots of us miss Nancy's and her letterhead and postcards.

We (in my time) only had one option at a time for clothing. It was never a great option as far as price and sizing. I really miss the options for biz materials! Town and country was great too for some things! Yes I miss Nancy's I am allmost out of my letterhead that I use for host thank you letters. I will be sad when it is gone...

I'm sure it would be breaking major rules to go get nice stuff locally. Somebody locally probably has a nice embroidery machine that would love to produce items.You now, not looking to make any trouble.... but hey.... LOOK A MONKEY!

WonderMonkey said:
I'm sure it would be breaking major rules to go get nice stuff locally. Somebody locally probably has a nice embroidery machine that would love to produce items.

You now, not looking to make any trouble.... but hey.... LOOK A MONKEY!

It trademark infringement to take the logo to another company. You can have them do something generic. Like a chef's hat (not PC's) and something underneath it.

wadesgirl said:
It trademark infringement to take the logo to another company. You can have them do something generic. Like a chef's hat (not PC's) and something underneath it.

Yes. Agreed. Just stirring the pot a bit. Very little.

esavvymom said:
Yes. They are where you get the PC-logo merchandise. So far, I've not had any problems, other than the error on the calendars, but I only ordered 1-pack (still waiting to receive). I've gotten a tote, business cards, and a few other things there. I'll get some logo-shirts later hopefully if I get some business in November to help pay for it. :)You find them under Consultant's Corner- click on "Promoting your business", and then their link is at the bottom (Licensed Vendors) called "Impressions. Merrill Corporation".
How can I order from them?

Tina Larison said:
How can I order from them?
You log into Consultant's Corner. Go to "Business Center", then "LOGO STORE". You can click on the Merrill logo there and it takes you to their store. Looks like they are running a sale through 3/15/2016 too....15% off orders $60 or more, and then more for larger orders.

1. What is the main issue with Pampered Chef vendor?

The main issue with Pampered Chef vendor is that they have received a significant number of complaints from unsatisfied customers, who claim to have received poor quality products or have had negative experiences with the store's customer service.

2. Are there any specific products that have caused the most dissatisfaction among customers?

While there have been complaints about various products, the most frequently mentioned ones include the non-stick cookware and the kitchen utensil sets.

3. Have these issues been addressed by the Pampered Chef vendor?

The Pampered Chef vendor has acknowledged the complaints and has taken steps to address them. They have implemented stricter quality control measures and have improved their customer service processes to better handle any issues that may arise.

4. Are there any factors that might contribute to these negative experiences?

Some customers have reported receiving damaged or defective products, which could be a result of mishandling during shipping or packaging. Others have mentioned issues with delayed delivery or incorrect orders, which could be due to human error or technical glitches.

5. Is the Pampered Chef vendor taking any steps to improve customer satisfaction?

Yes, the Pampered Chef vendor has taken several steps to improve customer satisfaction. In addition to addressing the specific complaints, they have also introduced a satisfaction guarantee policy, where customers can return any product within 30 days for a full refund or exchange. They have also increased their efforts to communicate with customers and gather feedback to continuously improve their products and services.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Mary
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • ChefMJ
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • cheflorraine