• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rant Facing Frustration with My Director: How to Speak Up Without Becoming a 'Witch

In summary, the consultant is struggling with feeling like they are not valued by their director. They feel like they have been invisible and that their team is doing better than they are. They would like to have weekly phone contact with their director, but are worried about being pushy.
princessmeshelle
I know we just had a recent thread with about directors who don't bother with their recruits. So I am sorry if I am being repetitive. But Good Grief! My Director, as lovely as she is outside of the business, is pushing me over the edge of wanting to quit! She wonders why she can't seem to retain consultants! I know it is my business, and I am responsible for working it. I understand she has her own life and her own schedule to keep up with. But would it kill her to reach out to her team a little more than just at her meetings? I mean... My business isn't too hot, hasn't been for a minute now... I feel like I have been invisible since I signed. Everyone else getting recognized. When I do the same things I get nothing... I really want to quit the meetings. I feel like it is one big clique and guess who is the awkward fat girl in the corner with a metal mouth and four eyes... (I have braces and wear glasses and am fluffy.. I can say it about myself.)

So before I go off on her... Any suggestions on how to let her in on her short comings with out having to become super witch? I already know I would have to write it to her because talking about it makes me see red sometimes. I am not very good at diplomacy.

Off to find those big girl panties... I know they are around here some where...

How about starting with "I would like to have weekly phone contact with you. I am the type the responds well to personal attention."

Sometimes when you are on the other side of the fence there is a fear of being "too pushy or demanding". Or thinking "if they wanted help they would ask".

Take a deep breath. Your feelings are hurt, and that's natural. Write down the things that are bothering you. Be specific, and use examples. (You might not need them, but it's good to have them in front of you if you need them.) Plan a time to sit down in person, one on one with your director. Tell her you're struggling with a few things and want to talk with her about them. She may be completely unaware that you feel this way. There was a time when my director was making a rather frequent comment that made me feel like she was belittling my efforts. The comment was made as a way to encourage new consultants not to compare themselves to others (and, sort of, to me in particular). I let it go for longer than I should have, because I began to harbor a bit of hurt over it. Finally I said something. Of course, she felt bad that I'd taken her comment that way, but she understood. She no longer uses that example.

The other suggestions that you have received are great. Consider putting them into action.
I would only add that your success is NOT dependent on your director. Find your inner self and challenge yourself to make your businees work. The great thing about Pampered Chef is even if we don't have the support of our family and friends and maybe not even your director Pampered Chef gives us the tools to succed!
I would encourage you to "team up" with someone in your cluster that maybe is felling the same way you are or not. It goes along with the new "buddy system". Make a friend in your cluster. Find someone that you can call and share your Pampered Chef stories with. The good ones and the bad. You'll find yourself being a cheerleader, advisor and friend for her business and she will do the same for you.
When I was in your shoes ~ that is what I did and it worked. Make a friend in your cluster ~ it could change your business and your life.

You are on this site and can see how others interact with their up-line.. Tell her you want that.. You see it helping those in need and also beneficial to the up-line too.. Then hope for the best. If she does not jump in and take the reins.. just remember.. she may be weak in that area. Just take lots of mental notes and promise you will not treat your down-line like that...then come tell us and we will work together on this. I am so fortunate to have a very helpful director and hospitality director. They are very good and their business thrives because of that. Learn from her mistakes. You can be better in spite of her!!!

1. How can I express my frustration with my director without coming across as rude or aggressive?

It's important to approach the situation calmly and use "I" statements to express your feelings, rather than placing blame. For example, instead of saying "You always make me feel frustrated," try saying "I feel frustrated when there is a lack of communication." This allows for open communication without becoming confrontational.

2. What if my director becomes defensive or dismissive when I try to talk to them about my frustration?

If your director becomes defensive, try to remain calm and stick to the facts. Avoid pointing fingers or getting emotional. If they dismiss your concerns, consider talking to a higher-up or HR representative for guidance on how to handle the situation.

3. How do I know when it's appropriate to speak up about my frustrations with my director?

If your frustration is affecting your work or causing you significant stress, it's important to address it with your director. However, it's also important to choose your battles and consider if the issue is worth bringing up. If it's a minor annoyance, it may be best to let it go.

4. What if speaking up about my frustrations jeopardizes my job or relationship with my director?

It's understandable to feel hesitant about speaking up for fear of repercussions. However, it's important to remember that expressing your concerns in a professional and respectful manner is not unreasonable. If you are concerned about potential backlash, you may want to consider discussing the situation with HR or a trusted colleague for advice.

5. How can I maintain a positive relationship with my director while addressing my frustrations?

Communication is key in any relationship, including a professional one. It's important to express your frustrations while also acknowledging your director's perspective. Try to find a compromise or solution that works for both of you. Additionally, maintaining a respectful and positive attitude can go a long way in improving your relationship with your director.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• milkangel
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • cookingwithlove
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
cookingwithlove
  • sfdavis918