• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Understanding the Difference: Green Coated Knives vs. Other Catalog Options

In summary, the conversation discussed the differences between various knives in the catalog, including the green knives which are lighter and have a non-stick coating, the Forged Cutlery knives which are made of high-carbon German steel and have a lifetime guarantee, and the stainless knives with sharpening cases. The group also shared their personal preferences and experiences with the different types of knives. It was mentioned that the green coating on the knives will eventually wear off and that these knives are popular among customers.
jesusluvsu2005
What is the difference between these and the other knives in the catalog? I wasn't sure and wanted to know just in case I get asked. :)
God bless,
Amanda

the green knives are lighter than the forged cutlery. the color coating is supposed to provide non-stick capabilities.
i love the tomato knife - it's handy for so many things, like slicing bagels.

Oh, you will get asked! ;)The difference is the quality. The Forged Cutlery knives are "Top of the line" knives. They're made of a high-carbon German steel, much stronger than stainless steel. They have large handles (for men or women to use) and have a lifetime guarantee.The color coated knives are a "novelty" item, if you ask me. They are stainless knives coated with some type of coating (not sure what). They're smaller and tend to fit into small women's hands better than the Forged Cutlery (at least that's what they tell me) and they're much lighter. They also only have a 1-year guarantee.Then, we can't forget about the Stainless knives that come with the sharpening cases. They were our best knives until the Forged Cutlery came out, and I def. think they're a step above the color coated knives. Esp. since they still have a lifetime guarantee. So, when someone says they don't want to spend the money on the forged cutlery and are leaning towards the color-coated, I ask what they'll use them for. If it's for anything other than their camper, I recommend the stainless knives w/cases. HTH!

I've told folks that were concerned about spending a lot of money on the forged Santoku knife, to buy the green one to see how they like it. I love the tomato knife - I use it for a lot of things. Come to think of it, I'm not sure I've actually ever sliced a tomato with it.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I've told folks that were concerned about spending a lot of money on the forged Santoku knife, to buy the green one to see how they like it.

I love the tomato knife - I use it for a lot of things. Come to think of it, I'm not sure I've actually ever sliced a tomato with it.

I keep hearing of other people slicing fingers instead... ;)

I love my green santuko knife! I really hope that we get a forged cutlery one that size. I use that one all the time and it is still very sharp.

The green stuff is silicone.

I love them! I use them way more than any other knife we sale and I think I have them all. I feel more comfortable with them than the forged ones. I sale a lot of them. I still sale the self sharpening ones a lot too. I rarely sell the forged although I show it and talk them up, but people in my area do not want to spend that much money on a knife.

pamperedlinda said:
I love my green santuko knife! I really hope that we get a forged cutlery one that size. I use that one all the time and it is still very sharp.

If they're coated in silicone, someone needs to sell a pair of them to Dolly Parton.

Oh, wait. It looks like someone already did.

There is a great doc behind CC showing the differences in our knives. It's probably in teh download center.

The green coating WILL wear off, just in case anybody is wondering. (No, I don't own any ... heard it from my AD when I observed her show!)

Di_Can_Cook said:
The green coating WILL wear off, just in case anybody is wondering. (No, I don't own any ... heard it from my AD when I observed her show!)
I've had mine since they came out and use the santuko almost daily - hasn't worn off yet, doesn't even show signs of wear. And, it is still very sharp. Pretty good value for the price.

I love these knives. I took my forged knives to our restaurant for our Head Cook to use. She likes them, but says the handles are too big for her hand. I took the green knives and she loves them. She uses them for everything. she locks them in the safe so nobody else can use them and mess them up. The forged knives are out on a shelf in the office for the other cooks to use. they get used, washed immedietly and then put back in their case and on the shelf.

The green knives are sharp. I was using the new paring knife to hull a strawberry...couldn't find my core and more... and cut my thumb pretty bad. So, be careful with them.

pamperedlinda said:

That has been on my wish list since the green one came out!

I have 3 of the green santuko knives. My Forged Cutlery pretty much stays in my kit for shows - but I have 2 of the green santukos for use in my own kitchen. I love them! It is the perfect size for almost everything I need to do - and it fits perfectly in my hand.

In my kitchen, I also use a 5" blade Chef's knife from Wusthof-Trident. It is comparable to our Forged Cutlery - but I LOVE:love: the size. The Forged Chef's & Santuko are just too big for me to use comfortably.

Well, I guess size really does matter. I love the cutlery chef's knife and santoku knives for their weight and size. The weight helps cut with less effort than it takes with the old stainless chef's knife.

this is all so good to know!
knives scare me. i just got the forged cutlery chef & santoku.
but i think with kit enhancement i might invest in the green santoku.
i already have the green paring knife and i love it.
if i were a guest, i would have boughten them just because i LOVE the color.
so its nice to know now when i do a show to tell them reasons why WOMEN love them.

thecougchef said:
this is all so good to know!
knives scare me. i just got the forged cutlery chef & santoku.
but i think with kit enhancement i might invest in the green santoku.
i already have the green paring knife and i love it.
if i were a guest, i would have boughten them just because i LOVE the color.
so its nice to know now when i do a show to tell them reasons why WOMEN love them.
I am a klutz so the larger knives scare me. I love the green knives and use them alot in my kitchen. I usually only use the utility forged knife out of the forged ones.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Well, I guess size really does matter. I love the cutlery chef's knife and santoku knives for their weight and size. The weight helps cut with less effort than it takes with the old stainless chef's knife.
I'm with KG. LOVE LOVE LOVE the Forged pieces, have very little use for the green ones. Way too light and flimsy for my tastes. The new green bread knife is horrible, IMHO.

Last edited:
DebbieJ said:
I'm with KG. LOVE LOVE LOVE the Forged pieces, have very little use for the green ones. Way too light and flimsy for my tastes. The new green bread knife is horrible, IMHO.

I have to agree with this one - even though I love the other green knives.

The new green bread knife is flimsy and feels cheap - and it's over twice the price of the one it replaced. Now, the old bread knife - I loved that!

Is the old bread knife the one that was recently on the outlet in the kitchen essentials kit?

OHHHHH, I get it now.The green bread knife is green. I thought it was special knife for cutting green bread.

1. What are the benefits of the green coated knives?

The green coated knives are made with a non-stick coating that allows for easier slicing and chopping. They also have a comfortable grip handle and are dishwasher safe.

2. Are the green coated knives safe for cutting all types of food?

Yes, the green coated knives are safe for cutting all types of food including fruits, vegetables, meats, and bread. The non-stick coating helps prevent food from sticking to the blade and makes cutting easier.

3. How long do the green coated knives typically last?

The lifespan of the green coated knives depends on how frequently they are used and how well they are maintained. With proper care, they can last for several years.

4. Can the green coated knives be sharpened?

Yes, the green coated knives can be sharpened. However, it is recommended to have them professionally sharpened to ensure the best results and to prevent damaging the non-stick coating.

5. Do the green coated knives come with a warranty?

Yes, all Pampered Chef products come with a satisfaction guarantee. If you are not satisfied with your green coated knives, you can return them within 30 days for a full refund or exchange.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kenzie09
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
AmyDare
  • dancedivine
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Michelle817
Replies