• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Humor theGirl Scouts Can't Do It, Either!

In summary, the conversation revolves around the topic of selling Girl Scout cookies. Some participants share their experiences and opinions about parents selling cookies and the importance of teaching girls entrepreneurial skills. One person shares a funny story about not buying cookies unless a true Girl Scout sells them. The conversation also touches on the issue of girls not being able to sell online and only being able to sell in person.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
I thought this was funny - the girl scouts can't sell online either!

http://www.comcast.net/data/fan/html/popup.html?v=1060798612&pl=1060457638.xml&plc=1060457638&launchpoint=Cover&cid=fancover&attr=default_headline&config=/config/common/fan/default.xml

I saw that too & thought the same thing. :)

Hey, she's right about the parents selling cookies. There were a bunch of boxes of cookies being delivered in office the past couple of weeks, by different parents, but not a girl scout in sight!!

This is a tought one for me being a leader. I have no issues with not selling online. I want my daughter to get out and do as much selling on her own as she can but... she is 7 and we do not live in a development. My DH works an hour away so she cannot go in with hime to sell. I sel to people at my Networking meetings (durring DD's school hours) I do have her help deliver as many as possible. I teach my troop to be as gracious as possible. (I think I have drilled it into their heads pretty good actually).

I do like to have my troop make thank you cards themselves (1 design that I make coppies of). Our patrons seem to enjoy that.

Also keep in mind that good leaders are supposed to be teaching girls about being an entrepeneur whe they sell cookies. We set goals and plan activities that many of my families would not work into their regular family budget.

thats my .02

Last edited:
This passed year, I had one family who lived right next door to me who had a little girl in the Girl Scouts. Upon meeting them, I told them how excited we were to get GS cookies. THE MOM came over to get the order RIGHT NEXT DOOR, and THE MOM delivered the cookies. After putting in a substantial order, we were hit up by three more moms (more friends of mine) for orders. Those moms also delivered the cookies. I announced after we received our cookies that I would not purchase any more cookies until a TRUE GIRL SCOUT IN FULL UNIFORM showed up at my door to sell them. I have standards, you know. What are these girls learning if the mom is always selling/delivering the product? I asked where the GS was, and three moms told me that they were at home playing. No more!! Ha!

KatieBeth said:
This passed year, I had one family who lived right next door to me who had a little girl in the Girl Scouts. Upon meeting them, I told them how excited we were to get GS cookies. THE MOM came over to get the order RIGHT NEXT DOOR, and THE MOM delivered the cookies. After putting in a substantial order, we were hit up by three more moms (more friends of mine) for orders. Those moms also delivered the cookies. I announced after we received our cookies that I would not purchase any more cookies until a TRUE GIRL SCOUT IN FULL UNIFORM showed up at my door to sell them. I have standards, you know. What are these girls learning if the mom is always selling/delivering the product? I asked where the GS was, and three moms told me that they were at home playing. No more!! Ha!

I agree this is not acceptable!

Proud to say my daughter sold and delivered all her cookies:D.

I remember walking door to door by myself in my neighborhood selling GS cookies, all the while being pretty ticked at my parents that they wouldn't take the order form to work like all the other girls' parents did. I was never a top-seller, but at least I can say I did mine myself. (Delivered, too...in uniform!)

I saw that this morning on the Today show

I went to Wal-mart last week and when I went in, there was a table with 2 moms and 2 girls. They asked and I told them I would buy when I came out. When I came out, they were gone, but there was a table with 3 moms, 2 girls, and one of the Moms asked me to buy. I have a $10 bill in my hand. I told her and the girls that I only buy GS cookies when I am asked by a girl scout/brownie not a parent. The little girls still did not ask and after being prompted 4 times by the mom, she asked. I smiled and said, "You need to be sure and ask yourself. That is why you are working a booth. My daughter always had to ask herself." and walked away. I drove the the other door (yes two tables from two different troops at the Wal-mart at the same time. I stopped in front of the table. There was 5 Moms and 1 child who was sitting in one of the mom's lap. I waited and again a Mom asked me. I told her the same thing I told the other girls. I decided to drive up one more time to the first table. When the mom saw it was me, she nudged the girl and both of them came to my car door and asked. I bought 3 boxes. I told them to remember to ask themselves. My daughter bought 4 boxes from a girl at church because she asked and one from a mom who had a 1st grader. I'm glad to see so many parents above saying they tell their children to sell. My daughter was a top seller each year but she worked many hours at the booths (especially when no one else wanted to) and always had high sales. I never asked...just watched the money! :)

We had a girl scout and her mom come around to deliver cookie orders yesterday and not only did the girl ask when she collected the orders but she was the one to talk when delivering. I gave her $10 for an $8 purchase and her mom asked, "Now how many dollars do you give her back?" Way to make it a teaching moment, mom!

Hmm, I've never bought from a parent.

There was a little girl at church who always came to me with her order form - she was sneaky, because she would come to me at church, and then she would come to my DH, and we'd both order...we had to learn to check before ordering! Now she's not so little...I'm going to her wedding in May!

But, the little girl next door grew up and is now a girl scout. I just ordered 4 boxes from her last week. She rang my door bell and came in and played with my DS while I made my decision. Last year, when she was younger, her big brother walked around with her while she was selling in the neighborhood. With both of those girls, I don't ever remember a parent being in the selling picture.

when we did our booth last week my girls were chasing people down to ask them. They had a blast. It was so hectic that I did do the change though. We were outside and the wind was blowing. My daughter especially was way to busy trying to up sell. I have got to start bringing her to shows. She is queen of the add on sale! LOL!

Never thought about it until I say this thread, but we buy the Boy Scout Popcorn. And it is the Boy Scouts who come to the door and ask, sometimes the parent is waiting for them on the sidewalk, and if they are really young, they stand with them at the door - but the parent has never asked.

But, I believe it is the parent who delivers it - but, really, we are probably not home when the make their first trek through delivering, so I am thinking the parents are just driving by catching us when they can to drop off the popcorn.

I have scouts of both genders. My son sells popcorn and my girls sell cookies. They go door to door themselves, always with a parent though. They have learned to look each person in the eye and to speak clearly and loudly to be heard. They have also learned how to accept rejection without taking it personally.They deliver the purchases (again, with a parent) and make up thank you notes that they customize for each customer. When I worked in an office, I did bring the cookie sheet into work to collect orders, but my girls always delivered the cookies in person.

pcchefjane said:
I went to Wal-mart last week and when I went in, there was a table with 2 moms and 2 girls. They asked and I told them I would buy when I came out. When I came out, they were gone, but there was a table with 3 moms, 2 girls, and one of the Moms asked me to buy. I have a $10 bill in my hand. I told her and the girls that I only buy GS cookies when I am asked by a girl scout/brownie not a parent. The little girls still did not ask and after being prompted 4 times by the mom, she asked. I smiled and said, "You need to be sure and ask yourself. That is why you are working a booth. My daughter always had to ask herself." and walked away. I drove the the other door (yes two tables from two different troops at the Wal-mart at the same time. I stopped in front of the table. There was 5 Moms and 1 child who was sitting in one of the mom's lap. I waited and again a Mom asked me. I told her the same thing I told the other girls. I decided to drive up one more time to the first table. When the mom saw it was me, she nudged the girl and both of them came to my car door and asked. I bought 3 boxes. I told them to remember to ask themselves. My daughter bought 4 boxes from a girl at church because she asked and one from a mom who had a 1st grader.

I'm glad to see so many parents above saying they tell their children to sell. My daughter was a top seller each year but she worked many hours at the booths (especially when no one else wanted to) and always had high sales. I never asked...just watched the money! :)

In my area two different troops are not allowed to setup at the same location. But my daughter is a girl scout and she does ask and deliver. She has sold over 700 boxes and is shotting for 1000. She has about 2.5 weeks left till the end of the week.

My sons always did their sales themselves. I went along when they were younger but never said anything. They also delivered. One year we were going on vacation in the midst of the popcorn sale and my son got out there the first day and sold enough to be number one in sales in his troup. Some of the other boys were upset because he had sold to their neighbors before they got out (he skipped his friends' houses). The parents told their sons that they could have gone out just as soon as Tom and he deserved the sales. Some people watched for him every year and even passed up buying from others to get their popcorn from Tom. Now if I could just get him to sell PC! ...he does carry my business card though.

We had absolutely no one come to our door this year from girl scouts so we didn't get any cookies.:cry:

I agree: It must be the kid selling! I don't buy from the parents - except when I worked in an office, that's different.

We usually have a few girls at church selling GScout cookies and several boys selling BScout popcorn. We buy from the first boy to ask. We generally buy a box or two from each of the girls. I just send all of the kids to The Furry Guy. He's the one eating them, so he's the one choosing.

When I was a Girl Scout my Mother MADE me walk her office and do the selling, in uniform. She always walked with me but I did the talking. It made such a difference for me in my life - especially now with PC LOL. I was always a top seller and got to where I enjoyed doing the deliveries too.
So I will NOT buy unless the Girl Scout askes. When the parents look offended I try to tell them why I think it is important for their daughter to do the asking. Sometimes I offend people, but most of the time the parents see a new perspective. I mean what are we teaching our girls, and boys? That Mommy and Daddy will handle this for them? The Girl Scout motto is "Be Prepared!" (or was when I was in) so how can they be prepared to sign with me and PC if they don't get that taste of selling now? Wait, that didn't come out right. LOL

1. What is "theGirl Scouts Can't Do It, Either!"?

"theGirl Scouts Can't Do It, Either!" is a cookbook created by Pampered Chef that features easy and delicious recipes perfect for all levels of cooking experience. It was inspired by the idea that even the Girl Scouts, known for their delicious cookies, need help in the kitchen sometimes.

2. Are the recipes in "theGirl Scouts Can't Do It, Either!" specifically for kids?

No, the recipes in this cookbook are designed for all ages and can be enjoyed by anyone. They are simple and easy to follow, making it a great choice for families to cook together or for those who are new to cooking.

3. Are the ingredients in "theGirl Scouts Can't Do It, Either!" easy to find?

Yes, the ingredients used in these recipes are commonly found in most grocery stores. We wanted to make sure that these recipes were accessible to everyone, regardless of where they live.

4. Can I use "theGirl Scouts Can't Do It, Either!" for meal planning?

Definitely! This cookbook includes a variety of recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks. You can easily plan out your meals for the week using the recipes in this book.

5. Are there any special dietary options in "theGirl Scouts Can't Do It, Either!"?

Yes, there are some recipes that include options for those with special dietary needs, such as gluten-free, vegetarian, and dairy-free. However, this cookbook is not exclusively dedicated to any specific dietary restrictions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
dannyzmom
Replies
Views
chefsteph07
  • Kodeysmom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedbecky