• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Answered Prayer: Giving to a Stranger in Need

In summary, a man approached my husband and I asking for money to buy lunch for himself and his son. We gave him $4 and explained that was all we could give him at that time. My husband said to me "I'm sure he's going to go purchase some liquor with that money." I said "That is between him and God." We did our part and can answer to God, he will have to worry about himself. Several days later, I saw the same man at the hospital. I'm sure he was trying to find another person to give him money. When I saw my husband, I told him "I saw Jesus again."
pampchefrhondab
Last week my husband and I were sitting in a parking lot quickly eating some lunch we got from a fast food restaurant. (We were getting ready to take my husband to the hospital - but that is another story!)

While we were sitting there a man walked up to our vehicle and asked if we were Christians. We of course said yes. He then asked us for money to buy some lunch for his son and himself. We gave him $4 and explained that was all we could give him at that time - we were on our way to the hospital.

My husband said to me, "I'm sure he's going to go purchase some liquor with that money." I said, "That is between him and God." We did our part and can answer to God, he will have to worry about himself."

Several days later I saw the same gentlemen at the hospital as I was headed to the parking garage to drive my vehicle to the main doors to bring my husband home. I'm sure he was trying to find another person to give him some money. When I saw my husband I told him, "I saw Jesus again."

I said a prayer for this man and hope God will come into his heart. I'm sure it wasn't a coincidence I ran into him again.

Rhonda~I've done the same thing. I'll see someone sitting on the street corner holding a sign about this or that and i've taken the time to run through the Mcdonalds drive through and personally hand deliver them a meal. I never know if they are just scamming or really hard up, but I figure it's not for me to judge or decide. I am thankful to have a job and a warm place to live while so many in the world don't. If I can't at least give someone a warm meal, then so be it. I've never personally handed out money, but I'm sure that i wouldn't hesitate too much on that either if someone had asked. Like you said...you never know what form Jesus is taking on. There is a country song that was big a few years ago called "What if She's an Angel" and every time I see someone that is need of help, I think of that song. Here are the lyricsThere's a man standing on the corner
With a sign sayin "will work for food"
You know the man
You see him every morning
The one you never give your money to
You can sit there with your window rolled up
Wondering when the lights going to turn green
Never knowing what a couple more bucks
In his pocket might meanWhat if he's an angel sent here from Heaven
And he's making certain that you're doing your best
To take the time to help one another
Brother are you going to pass that test
You can go on with your day to day
Trying to forget what you saw in his face
Knowing deep down it could have been his saving grace
What if he's an angelThere's a man
There's a woman
Living right above you in apartment G
There's alot of noise coming from the ceiling
And it don't sound like harmony
You can sit there with your TV turned up
While the words and his anger fly
Come tomorrow when you see her with her shades on
Can you look her in the eyeWhat if she's sent here from heaven
And she's making certain that you're doing your best
Trying to forget what you saw in her face
Knowing deep down it could have been her saving grace
What if she's an angelA little girl on daddy's lap
Hiding her disease with a baseball cap
You can turn the channel
Most people do
But what if you were sitting in her daddy's shoesMaybe she's an angel
Sent here from Heaven
And she's making certain you're doing your best
Trying to forget what you saw in her face
Knowing deep down it could have been her saving grace
What if she's an angelGod bless those who are less fortunate than all of us!

No SignWe have one man in our area who will stand on the corner holding his hands out like he is holding a sign, except that there is no sign in his hands!!:)

WHat a great story! That touched me this morning, so thank you!:)

Amanda and Rhonda,

You get it! The true meaning of being a Christian and trying to be that light in the world!

How beautiful God's love is!!!

Way to GO!

My husband always helps anyone who asks...but he won't give them money... he takes them in store or in a restaurant and gets them food if they say they are hungry. If they say they have a bill they need to pay, he offers to take them where it needs to be paid and help out with it... that way you don't worry if it's going where it needs to go and you know if there is a real need... I know others who don't worry and just give cash and that's great too... whatever God asks and leads you to do... just do it! :)

I always try to help someone out. You just never know. I once held a man's hand as he lay dying in the DMV. He had a diabetic attack and was all alone. I will never forget him.

AJPratt said:
I always try to help someone out. You just never know. I once held a man's hand as he lay dying in the DMV. He had a diabetic attack and was all alone. I will never forget him.

Awwww.. :( ...that's a tough one!

I can't always "safely" help out but today I stopped for a guy in the ditch - had 4 kids with me at the time (2 mine, 2 others) so you do have to use some common sense and precaution. I knew my van couldn't pull him out but he didn't have a cell phone and it was 5 degrees so I called and got a sheriff and tow truck coming for him...

It is wonderful to help, but I like the person's idea of going and getting food for them so you know they don't use it for something wrong...but do be cautious in large cities when by yourself.

What is "Answered Prayer: Giving to a Stranger in Need"?

"Answered Prayer: Giving to a Stranger in Need" is a program created by Pampered Chef to help those in need by providing essential kitchen tools and cooking skills.

How does "Answered Prayer: Giving to a Stranger in Need" work?

Through this program, Pampered Chef consultants and customers can nominate individuals or families who are facing financial hardships or other difficult circumstances. Pampered Chef will then provide them with the necessary kitchen tools and cooking classes to help improve their situation.

Who can benefit from "Answered Prayer: Giving to a Stranger in Need"?

This program is open to anyone who is facing financial difficulties, health challenges, or other difficult circumstances. We believe that everyone deserves to have access to proper nutrition and cooking skills, regardless of their current situation.

How can I nominate someone for "Answered Prayer: Giving to a Stranger in Need"?

If you know someone who could benefit from this program, you can nominate them by reaching out to a Pampered Chef consultant or contacting our customer service team. You will need to provide some basic information about the person in need and their situation.

Can I donate to "Answered Prayer: Giving to a Stranger in Need"?

Yes, you can make a donation to this program by purchasing specific products from Pampered Chef. A portion of the sales from these products will go towards providing kitchen tools and cooking classes to those in need.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
cookinfletch
Replies
Views
chefheidi2003
  • crystalscookingnow
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef