• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

theFirst Few Shows I Didn't Print Receipts for Everyone. I Just

In summary, the first few shows I didn't print receipts for everyone. I just printed a receipt for people who didn't get a copy from the carbon receipts. Then I did a fundraiser and I had a lot of outside orders so I just printed receipts for the chair to give out to everyone. It seemed easier then figuring who didn't need a receipt. So what does everyone do? Do you print receipts for people who have the carbon copy? What about on line orders (direct shipping)? Do you mail a printed receipt to them? I haven't been doing that but I honestly don't know if they get an official receipt in their package or not. The show I am trying to close (and by trying I mean I had two
Tracy99
Gold Member
The first few shows I didn't print receipts for everyone. I just printed a receipt for people who didn't get a copy from the carbon receipts. Then I did a fundraiser and I had a lot of outside orders so I just printed receipts for the chair to give out to everyone. It seemed easier then figuring who didn't need a receipt. So what does everyone do? Do you print receipts for people who have the carbon copy? What about on line orders (direct shipping)? Do you mail a printed receipt to them? I haven't been doing that but I honestly don't know if they get an official receipt in their package or not. The show I am trying to close (and by trying I mean I had two credit cards get declined) has a few out of state orders. So should I mail them a copy of their receipt once the show closes? Thanks.

Re: ReceiptsI print receipts for everyone. For outside orders I send it along with a nice thank you note. For shows, I print them and send or deliver an envelope of receipts to the host to go with each order.

Re: ReceiptsI use the Outside Order form at my shows that I created myself (cheaper than using the 2 part forms) and then I print receipts for my customers when I close the show. I just let customers know the receipt will be with their order. 99.9% of my customers are ok with this.

Re: ReceiptsDo you print them on the "Official form"? I have a fundraiser just starting and I am not sure how to work this with receipts and guarantee issues, etc.

Re: ReceiptsWhen I say, "official form", I mean the one from PC that, I guess, has additional info or are you just printing them on plain paper?

Re: ReceiptsI do print the receipts on the "Official PC Form"

Re: ReceiptsI also print them on the official form - I never use the triplicate form, but like Heather, use the outsied order form.

Re: ReceiptsI don't print receipts for online orders, only for outside orders taken after the show. Those before the show, I write down on a regular receipt while taking orders at the show and give those to the host. That way, when I leave the show - I've left a receipt for every order. I use the carbonless receipts from PC (not the triplicate ones) because by law, every person is supposed to receive a receipt with cancellation info, etc... with their purchase - plus, I know that when I purchase something I want a receipt when purchased.

Re: ReceiptsI use the carbonless (2-part) receipts at the show. I print receipts only for the people who placed outside orders. There's a box you can check for outside orders, making it easy to figure out which ones need to be printed. Plus, that helps me out when I'm making my follow-up calls.

Re: ReceiptsWould the "Official form" be the Pampered Partner Plus Sales Receipt in the supply order? I want to get the right one.

Re: Receiptsthat's it -it is like 100 for $3.50 I think?

Re: ReceiptsThank you. I'll get some of those ordered for this fundraiser. Hopefully, I will need LOTS of them. ;)

Re: ReceiptsI give 'unofficial' receipts at the shows which are the 2-part forms. I give them 'official' receipts with their order. Anyone that is an outside order that has direct shipping, I send the 'official' receipt in the mail. I send a thank you note with the receipt and tell them to keep it in a safe place in case they need to return or replace the item.

Re: ReceiptsI am bumping this. I found it very helpful. The whole receipt thing is a little confusing to me. So many options. Do we need to keep the yellow receipts and or paper print outs if using the p3 receipts for our records, even though it's all saved on P3?

Re: Receipts
veggiemama said:
I am bumping this. I found it very helpful. The whole receipt thing is a little confusing to me. So many options. Do we need to keep the yellow receipts and or paper print outs if using the p3 receipts for our records, even though it's all saved on P3?

The 2 ply receipts are "official receipts".

You do not need to keep your copy since it is on P3. I move any info I want/need from the receipt to P3 and discard them once the show is delivered (shredding those with cc info on them). I do not print a copy of the P3 receipts for myself. No need.

Something I've been doing lately is to save a copy of the host receipt on my computer and then emailing it to her so she can look it over before I hit submit. They have really liked getting that and some have added to their host order because of it.

Re: ReceiptsI use the 2ply receipts at my shows and for 6 years I would mail additional receipts out for the outside orders. When I started doing 15 or more shows a month this became a headache and I would end up feeling like I had a huge chore after closing a bunch of shows going thru them and mailing the receipts. What I started doing and I LOVE is I email a copy of all of the receipts to the host in an attachment with a copy of the warranty/return info included (that is the 2nd page of the outside order form). I can also email receipts to any long distance orders as well. I copy and paste the host thank you letter into the body of the email and it is so easy. I love doing it this way.

Re: ReceiptsThis might be a dumb question, but how do I email the receipts from P3?

Thanks for all the advice! :)

Re: ReceiptsIt's not a dumb question, my director had to show me. In P3 when you click on print sales receipts then it opens the document up the same way as when you print them, click on the ones you want to email, you can do them all or you can save just one. Then instead of clicking print you choose "save as" under the file tab and I save them under the hosts name. Then you just send them as an attachment in an email. You do have to save the guarantee info separately but you can save the 2nd page of any of the outside order forms.

Re: ReceiptsJust be aware that the document that you send will have a line on it that says it must be printed on official statemet paper in order to be valid as a receipt (I forget the exact wording). So while it will be handy for the customer to keep track of who she bought the item from, it won't be valid for returns and guarantee issues.

Re: Receipts
NooraK said:
Just be aware that the document that you send will have a line on it that says it must be printed on official statemet paper in order to be valid as a receipt (I forget the exact wording). So while it will be handy for the customer to keep track of who she bought the item from, it won't be valid for returns and guarantee issues.
That's why you have to include the second page, the outside order forms are a valid receipt as long as they have the second page with the guarantee information on them. I double checked before I started doing it this way.

What is the reason for not printing receipts for everyone at the first few shows?

The reason for not printing receipts for everyone at the first few shows could vary. It could be due to technical difficulties, lack of resources, or simply a mistake on the part of the person in charge of printing the receipts.

Will receipts be provided for future shows?

Yes, it is likely that receipts will be provided for future shows. The issue with not printing receipts for everyone at the first few shows has been addressed and steps have been taken to ensure that receipts will be provided for all attendees in the future.

Can receipts be requested for the shows where they were not provided?

Yes, if you did not receive a receipt for a show where they were not provided, you can request one. Please contact the organizers or the person in charge of printing receipts and they will be able to assist you.

How can I get a copy of my receipt for record-keeping purposes?

To obtain a copy of your receipt for record-keeping purposes, you can either request one from the organizers or the person in charge of printing receipts, or you can check your email or online account if the receipt was sent electronically.

Will not having a receipt affect my ability to claim a refund or make an exchange?

In most cases, not having a receipt will not affect your ability to claim a refund or make an exchange. However, it is always best to keep your receipts as proof of purchase in case any issues arise. If you do not have a receipt, you may be asked to provide other forms of proof of purchase, such as a credit card statement or bank transaction record.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cochef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • Halle-Doodle
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Halle-Doodle
  • Malinda Klein