• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Carrying My Catalog Tote: Advice & Success Stories

In summary, Rebajoe says that she uses her catalog tote to carry her reusable grocery bags, her personal items, business cards, and mini-catalogs. She has met several customers from it, and it has been successful.
rebajoe
Silver Member
Hello!!

I am going to start carrying my catalog tote everywhere I go and would like some advise/suggestions first.

Questions:

1. What do you put in it?

2. What do you say to someone notices your tote bag?

3. Has it been successful for you?

4. Do you give anything to the person you talk to?

Thanks
Rebajoe

I've put my answers below:
rebajoe said:
Hello!!I am going to start carrying my catalog tote everywhere I go and would like some advise/suggestions first.Questions:1. What do you put in it?
I use mine as my purse, so it has as little as I can get away with as far as my personal items. But I have recipe cards, mini-catalogs, business cards, and another business-like card I made for folks to write THEIR contact info on (name/phone/email, and if they'd like to get my newsletter Y/N). I used to carry full size catalogs- but just like handing out full-size at a fair, it wasn't paying off- plus made my bag too heavy. Now I carry Mini-catalogs and recipe cards.2. What do you say to someone notices your tote bag?
Usually they ask if you sell. I smile and say yes I do! Depending on how the conversation proceeds- like "I LOVE pampered chef"...I'll ask the "What's your favorite product?" or "when was the last time you were at a show?" and then take it from there. If they ask for a catalog, I give them a mini- but I also get their info and ask if they'd like to be added to my monthly email-newsletter.3. Has it been successful for you?
Yes- I'd say it has. I've gotten several customers from it. I met a lady in Walmart just yesterday who's looking to place an order.
And now that PC has come out with the new "Billboards" for the totes with 8 different images we can use, plus the catalog, it's great! I can change it up- or make my own flyer.
4. Do you give anything to the person you talk to?
Mini-catalog, recipe card, business card- depends on what they asked for or what I've got on hand. If they ask for a catalog or card- I hand a mini to them. I've been handing recipe cards to clerks and customer service folks at various places I frequent- like my bank or Post Office, as 'thank you'. Great conversation starters.Thanks
Rebajoe

These are great ideas! I have the tote but i dont carry anything in it besides my business card. THANKS!

I use mine to carry my reusable grocery bags, so I carry it into the store and set it in the cart where the baby seat is and it has all of my PC bags in it, I usually have a catalog in the frame thing. I have cards and such in it to hand out, but no one has ever commented on it. So, for me, no luck, but it is a good size for the bags and makes it more convenient to grab and take into the store, rather than carrying a bunch of wadded up bags in... So it wasn't a total waste. I also, used to use it to carry all of my Weight Watchers things when I went to Weight Watchers meetings, that got me a few orders, so, I guess I lied! I forgot about that! But that's about it. Like the idea of carrying Mini's rather than full size catalogs... and the recipe card are a great idea...

Mine is loaded to the brim with personal items, unfortunately! I USED to carry business cards but they got buried at the bottom of the bag.I have a mini-purse within the bag which I use for the bulk of my personal items. Also, I keep a catalog, consultant news (which I use as a "billboard" when the catalog is gone) and Seasons Best (for handy reference at the grocery store!)I'd have to say overall it's a success, but don't expect immediate results! This spring, I have remained active solely due to the catalog tote! The shows I turned in March and This week came out of those contacts!ALWAYS ask for a name and phone number in exchange for a catalog so you can follow up!

One of the workshops I attended at NC discussed this! Her suggestion was to make it your mobile office, have your calendar/planner, host packets, mini catalogs, recipe cards. That way you can pretty much take care of anything, anywhere. I've been doing this now, has paid off just yet, but I'm sure it will soon :)!

A neat idea I heard at conference from one of the presenters (can't remember which one off hand)was that she carries around a pad of door prize slips in her bag. She uses this to get the individual's information and tells them she does an 'out and about' door prize drawing every month from the people she meets out and about and would you like to be entered into the drawing. I think this is a great idea and plan on implementing it.

I've also heard of people purchasing a wire bound index card book to keep contact info in for the people she met out and about.

What is the best way to carry my catalog tote?

The best way to carry your catalog tote is by using the padded shoulder straps. This will distribute the weight evenly and make it more comfortable to carry. You can also adjust the straps to your desired length for a better fit.

Can I use the catalog tote for other purposes besides carrying catalogs?

Yes, the catalog tote is versatile and can be used for carrying other items such as groceries, books, or even as a weekend travel bag. It is designed to be durable and can hold up to 50 pounds of weight.

What are some success stories from using the catalog tote?

Many consultants have shared success stories from using the catalog tote. Some have found it easier to organize and transport their catalogs to parties, while others have used it to promote their business by carrying it around in public and sparking conversations with potential customers.

How can I clean my catalog tote?

The catalog tote is made of durable polyester material that is easy to clean. Simply spot clean with a damp cloth and mild soap, then air dry. Do not machine wash or dry as it may damage the tote.

Is the catalog tote a good investment for my business?

Absolutely! The catalog tote is designed specifically for Pampered Chef consultants and has been tested to withstand the demands of our business. It is a great tool for promoting your business and making it easier to carry your catalogs to parties and events.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
sharalam
  • ShelbyMichalek
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
veden
  • AnnaPChef
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies