1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Bookings The Catalog Tote

1. rebajoe

rebajoe Novice Member Silver Member

Hello!!

I am going to start carrying my catalog tote everywhere I go and would like some advise/suggestions first.

Questions:

1. What do you put in it?

2. What do you say to someone notices your tote bag?

3. Has it been successful for you?

4. Do you give anything to the person you talk to?

Thanks
    Rebajoe

Jul 31, 2009
  2. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

I've put my answers below:

Jul 31, 2009
  3. SLDOWDY1978

SLDOWDY1978 Member

These are great ideas! I have the tote but i dont carry anything in it besides my business card. THANKS!

Jul 31, 2009
  4. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

I use mine to carry my reusable grocery bags, so I carry it into the store and set it in the cart where the baby seat is and it has all of my PC bags in it, I usually have a catalog in the frame thing. I have cards and such in it to hand out, but no one has ever commented on it. So, for me, no luck, but it is a good size for the bags and makes it more convenient to grab and take into the store, rather than carrying a bunch of wadded up bags in... So it wasn't a total waste. I also, used to use it to carry all of my Weight Watchers things when I went to Weight Watchers meetings, that got me a few orders, so, I guess I lied! I forgot about that! But that's about it. Like the idea of carrying Mini's rather than full size catalogs... and the recipe card are a great idea...

Jul 31, 2009
  5. Intrepid_Chef

Intrepid_Chef Legend Member Silver Member

Mine is loaded to the brim with personal items, unfortunately! I USED to carry business cards but they got buried at the bottom of the bag.

I have a mini-purse within the bag which I use for the bulk of my personal items. Also, I keep a catalog, consultant news (which I use as a "billboard" when the catalog is gone) and Seasons Best (for handy reference at the grocery store!)

I'd have to say overall it's a success, but don't expect immediate results! This spring, I have remained active solely due to the catalog tote! The shows I turned in March and This week came out of those contacts!

ALWAYS ask for a name and phone number in exchange for a catalog so you can follow up!

Jul 31, 2009
  6. Pampered_Ashley84

Pampered_Ashley84 Member Gold Member

One of the workshops I attended at NC discussed this! Her suggestion was to make it your mobile office, have your calendar/planner, host packets, mini catalogs, recipe cards. That way you can pretty much take care of anything, anywhere. I've been doing this now, has paid off just yet, but I'm sure it will soon :)!

7. kewaters

kewaters Member

A neat idea I heard at conference from one of the presenters (can't remember which one off hand)was that she carries around a pad of door prize slips in her bag. She uses this to get the individual's information and tells them she does an 'out and about' door prize drawing every month from the people she meets out and about and would you like to be entered into the drawing. I think this is a great idea and plan on implementing it.

I've also heard of people purchasing a wire bound index card book to keep contact info in for the people she met out and about.

Jul 31, 2009
Have something to add?