• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

theCase for Using Pampered Chef Visa

In summary, the person likes their PC Visa and uses it for a few PC-related incidentsals. They like that they get a credit of around $30 or so each month, even if they do not charge anything of their own. They pay their bill every month and there are no finance charges. They are currently behind because they got a little too excited in purchasing stuff and are behind now because they bought business supplies. However, they are hoping their full November schedule will help with that. They enjoy working for PC and are looking forward to continuing to succeed.
susanr613
Gold Member
I have read several posts from people who do not like using the PC Visa. I understand and respect those views. I wanted to add my own. I use my PC Visa to cover checks written at shows, and for a few PC-related incidentals. Every month, I get a credit of around $30 or so "cash back". I like that I get this bonus, even if I do not charge anything of my own! I pay off my bill every month, so there are no worries about finance charges.

Just thought I'd toss that in for consideration. :chef:

Just to clarify also from what I've heard, PC doesn't require you to sign up for the cc! It's your own choice! I personally am not getting another credit card even if I did plan on paying it off so it does nothing for me but it can have great perks for those who use it wisely.

Wow, I've had mine since the start (of it switching) and have only received $24 in "rebates" and I thought I used it ALOT! You must do alot of charging to get that much back EACH month!

I got the CC because I wanted to be able to submit shows right away when I receive payment. I am nervous to do the debit card for fear of a check bouncing. I know that a lot of you probably don't submit your shows until all the checks have cleared, but that doesn't work for me. I hate to admit that I do this, but... my bank isn't very close and I can't guarantee that I'll be able to get them deposited and have them all cleared before I submit it. And I can't run around to all the different banks that the checks are from to make sure they are good. I know that is probably a risky thing to do, so I am trying to be better about depositing the checks as soon as possible. But, having the CC makes it more convenient for me. The mistake I have made is charging too much before I've earned the commission money to pay for things. I'm behind now because I got a little too excited in purchasing stuff during my kit enhancement month, plus when I hosted my own shows (kick off show I got the Forged Cutlery as a 1/2 price item, and then another show in Sept. to get cookware). Then I bought business supplies to be prepared at my fair booths, and most recently purchased supplies for my November shows (catalogs, minis, spices, etc). So my purchases aren't lining up with my commissions, but hopefully my full November schedule will help with that. I am in this to have fun, meet new people, be excited about something that I'm in charge of, earn free stuff, get a discount, and hope to make extra money to help with funding Christmas (maybe not this year though ; ) or traveling, or house decorating, etc. I've got the PC bug though, I really love this company and really want to succeed and hope that in the future I'll be a director.

But anyway, I like having the CC, and am glad I have it. I do see the wisdom in not using it though, if you want to be better disciplined than me. ;)

I am confused about the rebate thing that you mentioned. I haven't earned that much of a rebate yet. After several months, it is showing that it is accruing, but I haven't received one yet.

babywings76 said:
I got the CC because I wanted to be able to submit shows right away when I receive payment. I am nervous to do the debit card for fear of a check bouncing. I know that a lot of you probably don't submit your shows until all the checks have cleared, but that doesn't work for me. I hate to admit that I do this, but... my bank isn't very close and I can't guarantee that I'll be able to get them deposited and have them all cleared before I submit it. And I can't run around to all the different banks that the checks are from to make sure they are good. I know that is probably a risky thing to do, so I am trying to be better about depositing the checks as soon as possible. But, having the CC makes it more convenient for me. The mistake I have made is charging too much before I've earned the commission money to pay for things. I'm behind now because I got a little too excited in purchasing stuff during my kit enhancement month, plus when I hosted my own shows (kick off show I got the Forged Cutlery as a 1/2 price item, and then another show in Sept. to get cookware). Then I bought business supplies to be prepared at my fair booths, and most recently purchased supplies for my November shows (catalogs, minis, spices, etc). So my purchases aren't lining up with my commissions, but hopefully my full November schedule will help with that. I am in this to have fun, meet new people, be excited about something that I'm in charge of, earn free stuff, get a discount, and hope to make extra money to help with funding Christmas (maybe not this year though ; ) or traveling, or house decorating, etc. I've got the PC bug though, I really love this company and really want to succeed and hope that in the future I'll be a director.

But anyway, I like having the CC, and am glad I have it. I do see the wisdom in not using it though, if you want to be better disciplined than me. ;)

I am confused about the rebate thing that you mentioned. I haven't earned that much of a rebate yet. After several months, it is showing that it is accruing, but I haven't received one yet.

That's the bad thing about CC and of course I won't lecture you about it. But just beaware that as great as this company is, the cc company is out to make money too! And getting yourself into debt from the start probably isn't the best way to do this business.

My aunt has a jewelry business that actually encourages you to sign up for their cc to start your business. She even mentioned it at my show on Saturday. That's the best thing about this business, you don't have to go into debt or open a line of credit to start it.

wadesgirl said:
That's the bad thing about CC and of course I won't lecture you about it. But just beaware that as great as this company is, the cc company is out to make money too! And getting yourself into debt from the start probably isn't the best way to do this business.My aunt has a jewelry business that actually encourages you to sign up for their cc to start your business. She even mentioned it at my show on Saturday. That's the best thing about this business, you don't have to go into debt or open a line of credit to start it.
I know, I know... :blushing: I'm going to be better about it from now on. I guess I was buying those products because I knew that I was getting them at the best discount and what if things happen that I don't last long as a consultant. They were all things that I have really been wanting and also things that I know lots of PC recipes call for. Heck, that's what convinced me to be a consultant... my wish list was ridiculously long! ;) Now I have everything pretty much that I felt I "need" and can just focus on the business and earn that money. :) Okay, sorry for the hijack and airing my financial "dirty laundry". :blushing:

babywings76 said:
I know, I know... :blushing: I'm going to be better about it from now on. I guess I was buying those products because I knew that I was getting them at the best discount and what if things happen that I don't last long as a consultant. They were all things that I have really been wanting and also things that I know lots of PC recipes call for. Heck, that's what convinced me to be a consultant... my wish list was ridiculously long! ;) Now I have everything pretty much that I felt I "need" and can just focus on the business and earn that money. :)

Okay, sorry for the hijack and airing my financial "dirty laundry". :blushing:

The best thing that I love about this business now is that is gives you the PC$ in your first 90 days. I didn't have that option when I signed up but now it's unlimited with what you can earn!

babywings76 said:
I got the CC because I wanted to be able to submit shows right away when I receive payment. I am nervous to do the debit card for fear of a check bouncing. I know that a lot of you probably don't submit your shows until all the checks have cleared, but that doesn't work for me.

Just so you know, even for those of us that use the debit card this is probably not true. It can take a week or more after they've been deposited for a check to make it through the bank system and be cleared.

susanr613 said:
I have read several posts from people who do not like using the PC Visa. I understand and respect those views. I wanted to add my own. I use my PC Visa to cover checks written at shows, and for a few PC-related incidentals. Every month, I get a credit of around $30 or so "cash back". I like that I get this bonus, even if I do not charge anything of my own! I pay off my bill every month, so there are no worries about finance charges.

Just thought I'd toss that in for consideration. :chef:

I agree, that's what I do. I use it for my shows and supplies, it doesn't ever leave my house, it's just for PC stuff and I pay it off every month, so there is never a finance charge. I figure why not use it to get the rewards... it all adds up. That's how we run our home too, everything I purchase goes on our Discover and we pay it off every month (saves on having to write checks in the check out line too) and then we get the cash back bonus on everything we spend.

We don't even have the cc option in Canada...or at least, I'm not aware of it! Just as well, but I do like the idea of the rebates, and I am pretty good to pay off my cc every month (but be aware that I wasn't always that way! :eek:)

chefjeanine said:
Just so you know, even for those of us that use the debit card this is probably not true. It can take a week or more after they've been deposited for a check to make it through the bank system and be cleared.

I usually only wait for checks to clear before I submit a show, IF i suspect they are going to bounce...or if they are a check for a large amount like $195.

But is hardly ever is an issue because most of my hosts wait 4-5 days after their shows to close &I always tell them any orders after the show date have to be paid by cash or credit card.

We only have one credit card in my family which we only use if we absolutely have to have something we don't have money for...like groceries, gas, or car repairs.

1. How do I apply for the Pampered Chef Visa?

To apply for the Pampered Chef Visa, you can visit our website or stop by one of our retail locations. You will need to provide personal information such as your name, address, and social security number. You can also apply over the phone by calling our customer service number.

2. What are the benefits of using the Pampered Chef Visa?

The Pampered Chef Visa offers a variety of benefits, including 1% cash back on all purchases, no annual fee, and special discounts and offers for Pampered Chef products. Additionally, you can earn bonus points for purchases made at Pampered Chef parties and events.

3. Can I use my Pampered Chef Visa at any retailer?

Yes, the Pampered Chef Visa can be used at any retailer that accepts Visa as a form of payment. This includes online and in-store purchases. However, you will earn bonus points and rewards for purchases made specifically at Pampered Chef.

4. Is there a limit to the amount of cash back I can earn with my Pampered Chef Visa?

No, there is no limit to the amount of cash back you can earn with your Pampered Chef Visa. You will earn 1% cash back on all purchases, regardless of the amount spent. Your cash back rewards will be automatically applied to your account.

5. Are there any fees associated with the Pampered Chef Visa?

There is no annual fee for the Pampered Chef Visa. However, late payment and cash advance fees may apply. Please refer to your cardholder agreement for specific details on fees and charges.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kaseydee
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Christ Follower
  • AZPampered Chef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • cookinkaren99