• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making The Big Enchilada: Learn How to Fold Tortillas!

In summary, the method for making the big enchilada is to make a clover-shaped tortilla out of the four tortillas and then fill it with the desired ingredients.
DebPC
Staff member
Making The Big Enchilada tonite. Is ther somewhere I can see how they fold the tortillas? Or can someone tell me?
Thanks!

I am pretty sure it is one of the food videos on the DVD we get in the Change Over kit (the one that showcases all the new products).

I would then assume it must be on CC somewhere - but I can't direct you since I can never find anything I am looking for on there anymore.

But, if you have the dvd, try that!

I just folded the ends in and then the sides and flipped it over so seams were on the bottom. Worked great and finished product looked enough like theirs.

Just wing it -- it will be great and taste awesome!! :)

For the big enchilada make a clover shape with the four tortillas so they are all touch in the center. What I found that held the best after you fill it is to go clockwise around so that one edge is under the next one (sort of similar to folding a box so it stays shut). Hope that makes sense!

wadesgirl said:
For the big enchilada make a clover shape with the four tortillas so they are all touch in the center. What I found that held the best after you fill it is to go clockwise around so that one edge is under the next one (sort of similar to folding a box so it stays shut). Hope that makes sense!

sounds almost like one of the rings...

wadesgirl said:

Oh, that's right I remember doing that now with this recipe. :p :rolleyes: It sounded more complicated than it is and if it isn't quite right no one will care because it still tastes just as yummy!

1. How do I prevent my tortillas from breaking when folding them?

One tip is to make sure your tortillas are warm and pliable before folding them. You can warm them in the microwave or on a hot skillet for a few seconds. Also, be gentle when handling the tortillas to avoid any cracks or tears.

2. Can I use any type of tortillas for making the big enchilada?

Yes, you can use any type of tortillas such as corn, flour, or whole wheat. Just make sure they are the right size and shape for the dish you are making.

3. How do I fold tortillas for a layered enchilada casserole?

To make a layered enchilada casserole, simply lay the tortillas flat and spread filling on top of each one. Then, stack the tortillas on top of each other, repeating the layers until you reach the desired height. You can also fold the tortillas in half before stacking for a more compact casserole.

4. Do I need to use a special type of cheese for my enchiladas?

No, you can use any type of cheese that melts well, such as cheddar, Monterey Jack, or queso blanco. You can also mix different types of cheese for added flavor.

5. How do I keep my enchiladas from getting soggy?

To prevent soggy enchiladas, make sure your filling is not too wet and drain any excess liquid before assembling. Also, do not over-soak your tortillas in the sauce. You can also lightly toast the tortillas in a skillet before filling and folding to add a crispy texture.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• straitfan
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
bbauman07
  • TheChaoticCook
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
mpkegley
  • DebPC